LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 27 2019

Kareem

Replacement batteries for UPS

I have this Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD for 4 years and batteries need replacement.

Unfortunately, Cyberpower has no market in Lebanon anymore and shipping batteries seem to be very complicated due to restrictions.

Anybody knows where I can find original/generic replacement ?  I'm quite happy with the unit.

#2 December 27 2019

wollyka

Re: Replacement batteries for UPS

Katranji has a range of batteries for UPS.

#3 December 27 2019

nuclearcat

It is usual 12V9Ah lead acid battery, lot of places have them. Seems nothing special in it.

#4 December 27 2019

Kareem

nuclearcat wrote:

It is usual 12V9Ah lead acid battery, lot of places have them. Seems nothing special in it.

I'm not sure if the size is standard but a 1cm difference won't slide in.

aa052c79e392c4e09cb5e3889aed1a20.png

#5 December 27 2019

Kareem

Just finished dismantling the UPS... I'm now even more confused.

99987a90187eebb51c386d407cb44c28.jpg

Last edited by Kareem (December 27 2019)

#6 December 27 2019

nuclearcat

That doesnt look original even.
Just check dimensions and search in nearby shops similar ones. The only important to check charge current of UPS, it should not exceed specs of battery from shop.

#7 December 27 2019

nuclearcat

And yes, i was wrong, cause seems looked to different UPS. This one seems 24V, batteries in series.

#8 December 27 2019

Kareem

nuclearcat wrote:

And yes, i was wrong, cause seems looked to different UPS. This one seems 24V, batteries in series.

Exactly, 24V which is even more difficult to find. I found some batteries online ( SHR7-12 ) that seem to work with that but no website is willing to ship to Lebanon.

#9 December 27 2019

nuclearcat

It looks like just 2 12V batteries glued together :)

#10 December 27 2019

nuclearcat

Another thing, worst case - you can put wires out and connect batteries outside (sure insulating them properly from accidental short and etc).
A bit ugly - but will work. If rating slightly higher (but not lower!!), it will just charge slower and last longer(if not limited in firmware) on battery.

#11 January 4 2020

Kareem

nuclearcat wrote:

Another thing, worst case - you can put wires out and connect batteries outside (sure insulating them properly from accidental short and etc).
A bit ugly - but will work. If rating slightly higher (but not lower!!), it will just charge slower and last longer(if not limited in firmware) on battery.

e7d56c462e34671d37d2ce2cc80127f5.jpg

Well indeed very ugly but at least I get 50 mins backup time instead of 12.

Board footer