LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 24 2019

GreenM

Asus RT-AC68U Router constantly disconnecting

My Asus RT-AC68U Router is constantly disconnecting from PPoE. It started happening recently and have no clue why. My modem is configured in bridge mode and connected to the router using the WAN port. I have been told that I can try letting the modem make the connection and then share the internet with the router but I haven't figured out how to do that. Can anyone guide me?

#2 December 24 2019

wollyka

Re: Asus RT-AC68U Router constantly disconnecting

Remove Bridge mode from the modem and let it do the sync/connection.
Connect the ac68u to the modem (use lan port and not wan).
In the modem put the ac68u IP in dmz zone (in order to remove the errors from multiple nat) and enable dhcp.
In the ac68u, in wan section, change the connection type to static ip or automatic ip (I prefer static ip since I will know the ip of the router and it will be fixed). For example my router ip is 192.168.1. X and my modem/gateway ip is 192.168.1.1 and my wifi ip(dhcp in my ac68u) is giving ips in the 192.168.2.xx ranges to clients
I am using such setup without any issues

Last edited by wollyka (December 24 2019)

#3 December 24 2019

Hemorrhoids

I doubt that its the router, you can enable logging on the ADSL modem and check for intermittent dsl disconnections, it is mentioned somewhere in the Ogero thread having the same symptoms lately.

#4 December 26 2019

elserge82

I'm having these issues using tplink router in bridge mode setup. In my case the PPPoe remains connected without passing threw any traffic.

Board footer