LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 11 2018

mesa177

The Real Syndicate for Computer Sciences in Lebanon (?)

This was announced on the Facebook Developers Circle: Beirut Group; more details to follow once available:

5np5wx.jpg

Its Official! We now have a Syndicate!
لمستندات المطلوبة مع طلب الانتساب:
- صورة شمسية
- إفادة عمل أو نسخة عن السجل التجاري (تثبت ممارسة المهنة)
- نسخة عن تذكرة الهوية او اخراج قيد.
- خلاصة اصلية عن السجل العدلي لا يعود تاريخها لأكثر من شهر واحد.
- نسخة عن شهادة جامعية بالعلوم المعلوماتية أو ما يعادلها مصادق عليها من المراجع الرسمية.

Required documents along with the application:
- Passport Photo
- A statement of work or a copy of the commercial registry (proving the practice of the profession)
- A copy of the ID ticket
- An original summary of the judicial record that is not more than one month old.
- A copy of a university degree in Computer Science or its equivalent certified by the official references. Tagging Abbas Taki
Syndicate of Computer Sciences in Lebanon

They only have a Facebook page till now, but it looks legit so far.

#2 May 11 2018

mohammadhoda

Re: The Real Syndicate for Computer Sciences in Lebanon (?)

Yess finally.  I think its true

#3 May 11 2018

sero

There is a similar thread: https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18296

Bas it seems its a different syndicate?!
I guess 2 different parties are trying to achieve the same thing (an IT syndicate)

#4 May 12 2018

SOLO

Hello all,

Yeah I saw it but the problem is that they worked to get goverment approval without working on logistics(they do not have a place yet for the syndicate) and the internal law of the syndicate(they posted a reply in the comments section on facebook that they are working on it and meeting with lawyers with that) and in their application submission they did not state what can fresh graduates without a job do, since they need a to work to be in the syndicate as it is under the ministry of work affairs  .

We need a syndicate, we are the most overworked people in the country with no special services or pay, so a syndicate can help.

As for that syndicate, I hope they succeed but they still have a lot of work and organization to do to get to the level of the engineer's syndicate.

#5 September 4 2018

Johnaudi

https://scsl.org.lb/
Just thought it would be interesting.

#6 September 7 2018

kareem_nasser

We need to investigate further to check their legitimacy. Given how this country operates we dont want to be scammed, i think a lawyer should look into this.

#7 September 7 2018

Tech Guru

Johnaudi wrote:

https://scsl.org.lb/
Just thought it would be interesting.

It seems legit , I know some members in the establishmemt board they are very skillful IT people. But I need to investgate more about their benefits for registered IT members. Every Syndicate takes membersip fees yes , in return they have a list of benefits which seem ambiguous on the website.

#8 September 29 2018

MrElie

Both syndicates are not official yet. I posted a while ago about the other syndicate in order to show you guys that we are trying to work hard on getting something accomplished as a syndicate. scsl is "Ma3loumatiyya wal 3ouloum" aka Computer Science which is not the same as the IT syndicate which is the Information Technology.

Anyway both syndicates are on the same path for now, they both have the approval number but none of them were signed or approved. ONLY difference that the IT syndicate doesn't allow applicants before everything is finalized and done where as the scsl is allowing even though they havent been fully approved yet.

Anyway, I personally wish luck for both of them, it is time we have a proper syndicate in Lebanon where it takes care of the IT people.

#9 October 9 2018

AK47

Dear Elie &all,

I called the ministry of labor and the only approved legal syndicate is "نقابة العلوم المعلوماتية" with HQ in BDD! Other than that they are "jam3eyet" and not syndicates.

SCSL is official as of April 2018 (decree 76/1), with all approvals and legal paperwork finalized

They even recently started accepting applications via LibanPost

Hope others join and work together. We deserve to have a powerful syndicate...

Last edited by AK47 (October 9 2018)

#10 October 18 2018

xterm

Posts cleaned up.

Let's stay on topic please; If we're skeptical about this, then we ask the right questions.

#11 December 16 2019

Guitaret

Hello Guys,

Is anyone willing to provide a review about scsl.org.lb? We are mostly interested in their insurance plan and it would be great if a member here is willing to let us know his/her experience (or someone you know) joining in the Syndicate.

Last edited by Guitaret (December 16 2019)

#12 December 16 2019

Fischer

You're mostly interested in the insurance plan as if they offer anything else.

I tried to apply but the insurance company wouldn't accept me because I'm disabled so I lost interest because all they have to offer is insurance I can't get that. A nice girl tried to convince me, talking about pensions and whatnot, I asked her to try and convince the insurance company first to accept me.

Here's better advice, leave the country, this is not a country to build a future in.

Last edited by Fischer (December 16 2019)

#13 December 16 2019

Guitaret

I did not know that the Syndicate does not have much authority over the insurance company.

Thank you @Fischer for your feedback and about leaving the country I might do it but I still have this 1% hope that things will get better.

Last edited by Guitaret (December 16 2019)

#14 December 16 2019

Fischer

@Guitaret I'm telling you to leave the country, not just because it sucks, not just because of what's happening now, nope.

My friend, I've received offers from the biggest companies here, they pay 1.5k for a senior position, I negotiate my way up to 2k in one of the biggest companies in Lebanon, my cousin owns one of the biggest software companies too, he pays 1.5k

If the vast majority of the big dogs aren't willing to pay more than 2k for a senior, it means you have no business being here. My friend worked at one of the biggest international companies, I don't want to name things, he said I did it all here, he became the manager, there just isn't a room for growth here so he left to Dubai.

Just leave, if you want to make money, if you want to be free, if you want to live in an actual country, just leave. Even if you're student, it's funny but it's cheapper to study in canada than universities like USEK, and you'll get a permanent resident too, just leave, I'm disabled, I'm stuck here, you're not, you don't have to stay in this mud.

#15 December 17 2019

Guitaret

@Fischer stories from my angle are a bit different from your POV, many seniors I know have exceeded the 3k per month but they did build a career inside the company they work for and about the salaries for seniors applying for a job right now, I have no clue about the starting package but I will know soon since I am not liking the culture where I work.

About leaving for a new country, I still couldn't make the decision yet since I am 30 now and I have my own property and I have invested soo much in it. It breaks my heart every time I am about to make a migration decision as I think about the last 10 years I worked really hard on my place (of which I own without ISKAN BTW). This will probably never be the case in my new country (maybe when I reach 40).

My inability to leave is purely based on a greedy material reason.

Board footer