LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3651 December 6 2019

vengeance666

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anybody experiencing today frequent disconnections and a degradation in quality overall ? Worse ping, slower speeds on open speed, modem resync etc

#3652 December 10 2019

dsoftware.king

How do you compare terranet to idm?

#3653 December 12 2019

nuclearcat

There is numerous reports from friends and in telegram group about Ogero showing excessive quota usage.
I dont know if it is due large software updates this month or some sort of glitch in their system.
Some people called support and they said it is a bug and dropped part of quota usage. Just FYI.

#3654 December 13 2019

dio

Anyone having issues connecting this morning? I'm in Hamra. Can't connect. Tried restarting the router twice and manually connecting.

#3655 December 18 2019

xazbrat

Ogero is acting strange---speed is better for me anyway at least, the max potential speed, but for the last couple of weeks, there has been some sort of dns issue on their end.  I have change the dns settings in my modem to Google, Cloudflare and Ogero's default and no luck.  Sites that are affected by this are sort of random and include things like reddit, naharnet, 247sports, and yahoo mail to name a few.   I can use a vpn on each browser and the issue disappears, so I am pretty confident that it is something on their end.  Luckily, the free vpn I use gives me me 10 gig of data a month.

Anyone else have this issue?

#3656 December 18 2019

vengeance666

xazbrat wrote:

Ogero is acting strange---speed is better for me anyway at least, the max potential speed, but for the last couple of weeks, there has been some sort of dns issue on their end.  I have change the dns settings in my modem to Google, Cloudflare and Ogero's default and no luck.  Sites that are affected by this are sort of random and include things like reddit, naharnet, 247sports, and yahoo mail to name a few.   I can use a vpn on each browser and the issue disappears, so I am pretty confident that it is something on their end.  Luckily, the free vpn I use gives me me 10 gig of data a month.

Anyone else have this issue?

Issues with everything not just websites. More frequent modem resyncs/disconnections, more unstable pings in games where it used to be stable (ping fluctuates from 100ms to 130ms for example and then quickly down to 100ms and back up to 130ms).

#3657 December 19 2019

Tempto

Yeah, something's up on my end too. I have the 2Mbps unlimited plan. I can't tell whether it's an issue on their end or something caused by a recent Windows 10 update, but recently my internet has been a lot slower than usual, though I've been experiencing some very strange symptoms. While previously I had my ethernet NIC's duplex settings set to 10 Mbps full, it's now a lot slower (sometimes only goes up to 50kb/s) than when I set it to 10 Mbps half (goes up to around 180kb/s). Any other duplex setting doesn't work, though it was like that before - it's just half being suddenly faster than full that makes no sense. In comparison, I normally get 200-240kb/s. It feels like it's being artificially limited in some way. WiFi on the PC at least seems to also have that ~180kb/s limit so it's not just the ethernet card.

Results from testing other devices in the household are inconclusive. Sometimes it's fast and sometimes not, but either way I can't conclusively determine whether it's due to some Windows-related shenanigans or some Ogero problem.

Last edited by Tempto (December 19 2019)

#3658 December 20 2019

jsaade

Tempto wrote:

Yeah, something's up on my end too. I have the 2Mbps unlimited plan. I can't tell whether it's an issue on their end or something caused by a recent Windows 10 update, but recently my internet has been a lot slower than usual, though I've been experiencing some very strange symptoms. While previously I had my ethernet NIC's duplex settings set to 10 Mbps full, it's now a lot slower (sometimes only goes up to 50kb/s) than when I set it to 10 Mbps half (goes up to around 180kb/s). Any other duplex setting doesn't work, though it was like that before - it's just half being suddenly faster than full that makes no sense. In comparison, I normally get 200-240kb/s. It feels like it's being artificially limited in some way. WiFi on the PC at least seems to also have that ~180kb/s limit so it's not just the ethernet card.

Results from testing other devices in the household are inconclusive. Sometimes it's fast and sometimes not, but either way I can't conclusively determine whether it's due to some Windows-related shenanigans or some Ogero problem.

I have the exact opposite, I am on a 2Mbps unlimited and getting 8-10Mbps. Lots of packet loss/disconnection but download is good!

#3659 December 20 2019

AVOlio

Ogero internet is down.
Am I the only one or...?

#3660 December 20 2019

anayman_k7

AVOlio wrote:

Ogero internet is down.
Am I the only one or...?

it is not you, it is for everybody I guess, IDM and Ogero ADSL are down now in Lebanon, at least confirmed in North Lebanon, also I am not sure about the rest of the ADSL services, but Alfa 4G is working for me

#3661 December 20 2019

nefe_lpmk

Imad Kreidieh:
تعرض مركز الجديدة لعطل كهربائي تسبب بانقطاع خدمة الانترنت عن عدد كبير من المشتركين. تعمل الفرق الفنية لمعالجة العطل.

What is odd is that the private ISP don't put a message on any social media concerning a major downtime, professional.

#3662 December 20 2019

beezer

Down in Bekaae as well

#3663 December 20 2019

Mylo89

nuclearcat wrote:

There is numerous reports from friends and in telegram group about Ogero showing excessive quota usage.
I dont know if it is due large software updates this month or some sort of glitch in their system.
Some people called support and they said it is a bug and dropped part of quota usage. Just FYI.

Well i have been noticing that for the last couple of months, and after reading your post i just checked that quota usage is reasonable. Thanks for the 411

#3664 December 20 2019

AVOlio

Back online

#3665 December 20 2019

xazbrat

Wasn't the only one--just seemed odd.

#3666 December 20 2019

nuclearcat

Jdeideh centrale was down only, power issue.

#3667 December 22 2019

wollyka

The Internet is down again since 3pm, last time they said Jdeidah but internet was down in Beirut too

#3668 December 22 2019

nuclearcat

wollyka wrote:

The Internet is down again since 3pm, last time they said Jdeidah but internet was down in Beirut too

Today was no issues

#3669 December 22 2019

wollyka

Well there was an issue for 50 min in Mazraa it seems from 3 pm to 3:50 pm.
Probably GDS only and not Ogero

#3670 December 23 2019

leblinux

Did Ogero blocked 8080 on their public ip addresses? I used to access my cams using ddns pointing to ogero public Ip but not anymore? Anyone else having this issue?

#3671 December 23 2019

nuclearcat

Might be due some new router vulnerability, better to change port to something else.

#3672 December 24 2019

leblinux

nuclearcat wrote:

Might be due some new router vulnerability, better to change port to something else.

I changed the port and same problem.

Looks like I am the only used having this problem, might be the IP pool in my area that has filtered ports.

#3673 December 24 2019

ahk40a

leblinux wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

I changed the port and same problem.

Looks like I am the only used having this problem, might be the IP pool in my area that has filtered ports.

What I am aware of is that Ogero is no longer providing Public IPs. it is only limited to some certain users that they have to use it, such as companies, etc.

#3674 December 25 2019

AVOlio

Is ogero Limiting the speed on Youtube?
My internet speed reaches 25mbps,  but when watching youtube, i can only see the video using 13mbps max when i open the stats on the video.

#3675 December 26 2019

ahk40a

AVOlio wrote:

Is ogero Limiting the speed on Youtube?
My internet speed reaches 25mbps,  but when watching youtube, i can only see the video using 13mbps max when i open the stats on the video.

Why would you need a higher speed on YouTube? 13 Mbps is more than what you need to buffer a Full HD.

"For streaming HD (720p) content, you'll need at least 2.5Mbps speed, for full HD videos, minimum speed requirement is 4Mbps, whereas for 4K UHD content, you need an internet connection with minimum speed of at least 15Mbps."

So, If you don't have a 4K display, it is not worth it to buffer a 4K Movie. It will increase your consumption for nothing. Now, even if you set it for Full HD, You might notice that the speed is reaching 13 Mbps, and that is only to buffer into the cache.

Board footer