LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 2 2019

Hemorrhoids

Traveling with pets

I'm worried about my parakeets (tamed and hand reared, not to be left in cage alone), was wondering if I need to do any paper work in case I temporarily leave (due to financial constraints)
Asking embassies didn't have any helpful answer, didn't ask any airlines yet but the airport also did not respond to me.
So far only the UAE provided the needed requirements for parrots and dogs/cats, only allowed on flight during winter due to heat. Asked one local vet for the required vaccinations, but they do not do any documents for import permit, not sure about dogs.
I am at loss.
Anyone can share their experience?

Last edited by Hemorrhoids (December 2 2019)

#2 December 2 2019

rolf

Re: Traveling with pets

Different countries have different requirements depending on the country of origin. In EU countries they are normalized it seems, and they have very long waiting periods for pets such as cats and dogs, basically you need to plan at least 4 months ahead.
For USA and Canada it takes much less time.

Normally you can find all the info online.

In some countries, if your pets do not fulfill the requirements on arrival, they can be quarantined until they do. But you will have to pay for it and it is very stressful for your pet to spend weeks in a cage among strange animals and people.

Also remember to check with airlines as well for any specific requirements.

Last edited by rolf (December 2 2019)

#3 July 5 2020

Talm

Re: Traveling with pets

[delete]

Last edited by Talm (July 6 2020)

Board footer