LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 27 2019

Scode99

LibanPost Click&Ship

Hello guys, Im seeing alot of ads of this service of LibanPost that gives you a free UK and US address, and after you ship you items to their Addresses they will ship it to Lebanon.
Has anyone tried it? im just getting preped for Black friday and that service may become handy.
thanks

#2 November 27 2019

AVOlio

Re: LibanPost Click&Ship

Scode99 wrote:

Hello guys, Im seeing alot of ads of this service of LibanPost that gives you a free UK and US address, and after you ship you items to their Addresses they will ship it to Lebanon.
Has anyone tried it? im just getting preped for Black friday and that service may become handy.
thanks

They charge you shipping as per the volumetric weight.
I assume prices will be high for shipping even if the item is light.

I suggest you to use S&S

#3 November 27 2019

Scode99

AVOlio wrote:
Scode99 wrote:

thanks

I suggest you to use S&S

S&S??

#4 November 27 2019

nuclearcat

Scode99 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
Scode99 wrote:

thanks

I suggest you to use S&S

S&S??

Shop and Ship from Aramex, i guess

#5 November 27 2019

Scode99

AVOlio wrote:
Scode99 wrote:

thanks

I suggest you to use S&S

45$ lifetime subscription on S&S to order a 20$ tshirt

#6 November 27 2019

AVOlio

Scode99 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
Scode99 wrote:

thanks

I suggest you to use S&S

45$ lifetime subscription on S&S to order a 20$ tshirt

Yea but this way, any item you might need in the future you can order with shipping charges based on item Weight only and not dimensions.
They have a very accurate shipping charges calculator as well.

If you want, I wouldn't mind you using my subscription to shio your item.

#7 November 27 2019

nosense

you can also check out https://www.onyourway.io/

#8 November 27 2019

AVOlio

Onyourway is also expensive.
I once requested a quote for 60$ sneakers, they gave me a 105$ if with prepayment or 120$ if paid on delivery.

#9 November 27 2019

Scode99

I just checked that Click and ship charges 10$ for shipping but S&S since its based on the actual weight it costs 20$+ (Shipping Tees and Jackets)

#10 November 28 2019

xazbrat

AVOlio wrote:

Onyourway is also expensive.
I once requested a quote for 60$ sneakers, they gave me a 105$ if with prepayment or 120$ if paid on delivery.

Yeah--I was going to get a $70 dollar item from France which weighed less than 1 kg, and they wanted something like $120 also,  Much better to use S&S or other service.   I can't imagine ever using onyourway for anything.

To OP, see if you can get the tee from another vendor which ships to Lebanon--it will be cheaper than the options listed above. If not, you are sort of stuck. :(

Last edited by xazbrat (November 28 2019)

#11 November 28 2019

AVOlio

Scode99 wrote:

I just checked that Click and ship charges 10$ for shipping but S&S since its based on the actual weight it costs 20$+ (Shipping Tees and Jackets)

Did you input the volumetric weight of the package you want to buy in the calculator?

Now in this case, I don't know if your shirts will be shipped in their bags alone, or in a mail bag from the post office, or in a package. You should ask the seller.

But if it ships in a package, you need to insert the volumetric weight and check the price.
In the case when it ships with its own bag or post office mail bag, I don't know if volumetric weight applies (since it's not a cardboard package) but I'd say it most probably will apply.

Im pretty sure the shipping charges will be greater than 10$.

Do you mind sharing the product you want to buy?

#12 December 6 2019

Dan28

AVOlio wrote:

I suggest you to use S&S

better than dhl's easyshop? lately its been taking 3-5 days to deliver to lebanon with easyshop, and if you release on friday you get the parcel on monday.
and their valuation is very accurate i ordered a 1.5k laptop they put it as 120$ tablet.

Last edited by Dan28 (December 6 2019)

#13 December 6 2019

AVOlio

Here is a calculation to ship a monitor that I shipped with S&S.
https://ibb.co/0cY37Dn
https://ibb.co/VJHJvFW
https://ibb.co/S5PYsFW

As you can see, in shipping (total) costs,
S&S = 243$ basic or 165$ flex.
Easyshop = 309 + 54 = 363$.

So that's the difference in volumetric weight calculation and normal weight calculation.
It mostly affects heavy items.
But it does affect small items as well.

#14 April 16 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

hey so does click and ship take the fees in 1515 rate or daily market rate?

Board footer