LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3626 November 6 2019

xazbrat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ahk40a wrote:

There is no activity here on this forum since days. Any update regarding the deployment plan for the fiber optic? It would be interesting to know such updates.

Not good news---I saw a tweet from Imad Kreidieh a week or so ago "Fiber is on halt for now until situation permits",  so nothing going to be happening soon.

#3627 November 6 2019

Johnaudi

xazbrat wrote:

Not good news---I saw a tweet from Imad Kreidieh a week or so ago "Fiber is on halt for now until situation permits",  so nothing going to be happening soon.

As if that wasn't expected, they're trying to find the smallest reason to stick it on why they're late for fiber.

#3628 November 7 2019

ahk40a

I have asked them several times about the status of the designs, but so far no answer. We have zero visibility of what is going on, when and how the deployment shall start and whether or not the designs are done or not yet.

#3629 November 7 2019

xazbrat

Johnaudi wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

As if that wasn't expected, they're trying to find the smallest reason to stick it on why they're late for fiber.

I was disappointed with Ogero was tasked with laying out the fiber network, and am both happy and sad to see hat I was right.  If you look at the deployment map on what has been done and/or is in progress, there is little logic in how everything is being deployed and then you see that so many random areas are hometowns of certain people in this country.  The fiber network should have been done in less than 2 years if it were done in a logical non partisan matter, and probably cheaper to boot.

#3630 November 9 2019

Brashen

Does anybody know if Adlieh has access to the fiber network?

#3631 November 12 2019

LifeEngineer

Guys, with interleaving off (low ping mode), I am having huge spikes of ping during gaming.
I'm using LAN. Ping is like 70 to 100ms (depending on the game) for like a min or two, and then it jumps to 1500ms or 2000ms for like 10sec before going back to normal. This is frustrating as games aren't playable in that state.
I called Ogero and the technician told me that this is expected when interleaving is off as the router has to deal with the errors since it was sending data fast and when errors reach a certain limit, the lag happens.
Is that the case for you guys?! Any tip or anything I can do?

#3632 November 13 2019

wollyka

LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys, with interleaving off (low ping mode), I am having huge spikes of ping during gaming.
I'm using LAN. Ping is like 70 to 100ms (depending on the game) for like a min or two, and then it jumps to 1500ms or 2000ms for like 10sec before going back to normal. This is frustrating as games aren't playable in that state.
I called Ogero and the technician told me that this is expected when interleaving is off as the router has to deal with the errors since it was sending data fast and when errors reach a certain limit, the lag happens.
Is that the case for you guys?! Any tip or anything I can do?

What is your SNR in the modem/router? does it drop during those spikes?
If it does, then you have to leave interleaving on or try changing the internal wiring and use Cat6 for the phone cable (from the phone box to your apartment/modem)

#3633 November 16 2019

hkbazzi

Adnan wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

I have issues with the elevator---I got a new TPlink modem a couple of days ago and I can see the SNR margin go below zero when the elevator runs (it mostly doesn't cut out like the old Technicolor that it replaced).  Would replacing the old telephone wires with a shielded one help or are there other fixes?  In any case, I am going to get a tech out here soon so he can check the connection at the telephone box downstairs  and see if there is a difference.

Edit:  here are my stats from this morning--no electricity and more importantly, no elevator

Mode:    ADSL_re-adsl    
Traffic Type:    ATM
Link Power State:    L0

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    106    107
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    465    253
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    184    106
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    2314    752

Path 0        
    Downstream    Upstream   
Rate (Kbps):    2047    751    0    0

Not great stats--it is a 2mb line from Ogero, and I am getting close to that now.  When the elevator runs, the SNR number does turn negative and if it isn't for very long, my connection hangs on.   If it is longer such as when natour goes to every floor to get pick up nightly garbage, then I lose the connection for a bit.  Now, the technicolor modem which replaced this, would automatically lose the connection no matter what, so it is an improvement.

I haven't solved the issue personally since I haven't found any shielded cables. If you're willing to try this for yourself, please inform me of the outcome. In theory,  it should fix the issue with proper grounding.

I tested my line at the telephone box downstairs with the help of an electrician, the problem stopped occurring.
For now, I'm fixing the issue by tweaking my SNR (check the SNR tweaking sticky topic) but losing around 3Mbps of valuable speed (7Mbps down to 4Mbps).  My SNR margin drops by exactly 8dB when the elevator is running.

If you have an AM radio, tune it to 600KHz and run the elevator. You should hear the magnetic field right through your radio's speakers.

Did you get to solve this issue? I still face it till now.

#3634 November 16 2019

Adnan

I looked for a filter for our elevator's inverter but no-one sells them. And it's too much hassle to connect a cable from another way.

I am protesting for better frequency regulations.

#3635 November 16 2019

nuclearcat

Basic high power EMI filter for appropriate current should do the job.

#3636 November 16 2019

Draguen

Hey guys,

so i have 4M from ogero and since yesterday morning, my conection is stuck to 0.8M download speed (no issues on upload), after a few calls with Ogero, the customer service agent told me that they had many calls from people connected to the Adlieh central stuck on 0.8M, regardless of their original speed.

8768282994.png

Due to the situation, they are trying to send someone to check on the central (hardware side of things) and should be resolved by Monday (hopefully).

She also told me that the more calls they receive from the region, the faster they'll prioritise the issue.

#3637 November 16 2019

bobo619

Draguen wrote:

Hey guys,

so i have 4M from ogero and since yesterday morning, my conection is stuck to 0.8M download speed (no issues on upload), after a few calls with Ogero, the customer service agent told me that they had many calls from people connected to the Adlieh central stuck on 0.8M, regardless of their original speed.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8768282994.png

Due to the situation, they are trying to send someone to check on the central (hardware side of things) and should be resolved by Monday (hopefully).

She also told me that the more calls they receive from the region, the faster they'll prioritise the issue.

I am also facing the same issue in antelias when recently from 7p.m to 12a.m my bandwidth goes down to 1 mbps where i usually get around 14 mbps and never had a problem

#3638 November 16 2019

wollyka

nuclearcat wrote:

Basic high power EMI filter for appropriate current should do the job.

Can you please elaborate more on this topic? where the EMI filter should be installed?

#3639 November 17 2019

nuclearcat

It depends on elevator type. For industrial motors (VFD) recommendations is like this:
https://kebblog.com/7-steps-to-reducing-emi-with-vfds/

Many elevators are 3 phase, then you need something like this, this kind of filters are not specific for elevators, just make sure it is not less than elevator max current rating.
http://www.cnemifilter.com/products/thr … ilter.html

Usually filters are installed on AC supply, just before the elevator equipment.

#3640 November 17 2019

Roma

Hello world , need a help if you please , I have Adsl zhone modem and I need to extract from it PPPoe pass and user. I tried bruteforce attack , tested exploits concerning this modem , with no results . Can someone tell me how to make it happen ? Thanks in advance ...

#3641 November 18 2019

wollyka

Is anyone seeing a higher number of FEC and CRC errors today? The SNR margin is still good (around 8 db as usual) but the CRC errors are around 1000 per hour (I used to get max up to 1000 in 24 hours) - Mazraa Centrale

Last edited by wollyka (November 18 2019)

#3642 November 29 2019

LifeEngineer

Is there is any way to increase/improve upload speeds on DSL Ogero!?

#3643 November 29 2019

Hemorrhoids

LifeEngineer wrote:

Annex M from Terranet,  or set your modem to G.DMT or ADSL1 has slightly better upload speed for an extra of 100kbps compared to adsl2+ on long distances.

#3644 November 29 2019

Hemorrhoids

Adnan wrote:

I looked for a filter for our elevator's inverter but no-one sells them. And it's too much hassle to connect a cable from another way.

I am protesting for better frequency regulations.

I wonder if forcing VDSL even at lower speed/longer distance would help, running at much higher frequency. Gotta convince Ogero on that one though.

Last edited by Hemorrhoids (November 29 2019)

#3645 November 29 2019

vengeance666

I was wondering the same. I mean having an 11 Mbit download speed and only 1 Mbit upload speed doesn't make sense. It's like shooting himself in the leg

#3646 November 30 2019

LifeEngineer

Hemorrhoids wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

Annex M from Terranet,  or set your modem to G.DMT or ADSL1 has slightly better upload speed for an extra of 100kbps compared to adsl2+ on long distances.

Sorry not so much into this kind of stuff, so please bear with me.

1st, I'm on Ogero, not Terranet.

2nd, I just checked the modem settings:
DSL Modulation Type is set to Auto Sync-up and has value of : ADSL_2plus
Annex Type: Annex A/I/L

Can I simply change the modulation type? Without contacting ogero or anything like that?

#3647 November 30 2019

Hemorrhoids

LifeEngineer wrote:
Hemorrhoids wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

Sorry not so much into this kind of stuff, so please bear with me.

1st, I'm on Ogero, not Terranet.

2nd, I just checked the modem settings:
DSL Modulation Type is set to Auto Sync-up and has value of : ADSL_2plus
Annex Type: Annex A/I/L

Can I simply change the modulation type? Without contacting ogero or anything like that?

Annex M setup should be supported from the ISP side, Ogero told me that they do not support it, recommended HDSL which has horrible speeds as well. VDSL should provide a minimum of 5mbps if you're eligible,  what speeds are you getting?
When i had DSL, I used speedify VPN for bonding with LTE modem (limited at 1kb/s download, unlimited up) to have proper upload speed without load balancer issues, as many hosts do not behave the same when they see requests from different IP (e.g mega.nz upload used the ADSL upload with the load balancer)

#3648 December 1 2019

LifeEngineer

Hemorrhoids wrote:

Annex M setup should be supported from the ISP side, Ogero told me that they do not support it, recommended HDSL which has horrible speeds as well. VDSL should provide a minimum of 5mbps if you're eligible,  what speeds are you getting?
When i had DSL, I used speedify VPN for bonding with LTE modem (limited at 1kb/s download, unlimited up) to have proper upload speed without load balancer issues, as many hosts do not behave the same when they see requests from different IP (e.g mega.nz upload used the ADSL upload with the load balancer)

I'm getting like 10 to 15mbps down and 1mbps up.
What are you exactly suggesting? (again excuse my ignorance)

#3649 December 1 2019

wollyka

Try to see if you eligible for VDSL. You will get up to 5 Mbps upload at least.

#3650 December 2 2019

jsaade

Not sure what is happening but for the last few days, my 2Mbps unlimited is opening 10Mbps.
Ogero package still shows 2Mbps. Downloads are opening at 8-10Mbps.
It just spiked every few hours.

Board footer