LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 17 2019

VincentKeyboard

Re: Decaf coffee in Lebanon?

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Still a lot of weight to lose but I'm down from ~100 to ~81 so far on this diet and it's doing wonders for my blood sugar.

I am fluctuating between 73.4 and 75KGs now depending on dehydration. It is also getting difficult to lose more weight. I need to lose about 5 to 10 more KGs because I feel I can drop half of the metformin dosage if I do so.
I also seem to be developing tolerance towards caffeine. I doesn't affect my blood sugar levels anymore.

#27 October 18 2019

xazbrat

VincentKeyboard wrote:
VincentKeyboard wrote:

Still a lot of weight to lose but I'm down from ~100 to ~81 so far on this diet and it's doing wonders for my blood sugar.

I am fluctuating between 73.4 and 75KGs now depending on dehydration. It is also getting difficult to lose more weight. I need to lose about 5 to 10 more KGs because I feel I can drop half of the metformin dosage if I do so.
I also seem to be developing tolerance towards caffeine. I doesn't affect my blood sugar levels anymore.

First off, congrats on the weight loss.  Not many people can do that, but you just did.  Like your tolerance of caffeine, your body has adjusted to diet and has gotten efficient at breaking down the food and now can store fat because it is so efficient.   This, and because of your weight loss (you burn less calories now) has probably caused you to plateau a bit. 

So you are left with a few options:  1)  Exercise a lot more 2)  Eat a lot less 3)  A combination of the two or 4)  Change your diet.   To change your diet, you can try something like intermittent fasting, as long as you are not hypoglycemic (low blood sugar)--start out by going 14/10 and then transition to others if you want.  You can eat what you are eating now---just in a shorter window or in a different way (5:2).  Alternatively, you could switch to a low carb diet of some type whether high protein or keto and try that route.  You should be able to lose weight pretty quickly---the problem will be staying on that diet and the potential weight gain after you are done.  But you could lose those last few kg you want that way and then go back on a diet to maintain.  Since you are taking drugs for diabetes, make sure that your doctor okays this.

In any case, congrats and good luck.

#28 October 18 2019

VincentKeyboard

@xazbrat, I am currently on a low carb diet consisting of only low carb vegetables, cheese, and some meat (less meat the before after rolf's comment). I am trying the intermittent fasting diet but it was dropping my blood sugar down to 84 which makes me dizzy. I try to maintain it between 90 and 110 (110 is technically on the higher edge but it helps when metformin blocks some of the glucose drops into the bloodstream).
I think the best course of action at this stage is to find time to exercise more.

#29 October 19 2019

xazbrat

VincentKeyboard wrote:

@xazbrat, I am currently on a low carb diet consisting of only low carb vegetables, cheese, and some meat (less meat the before after rolf's comment). I am trying the intermittent fasting diet but it was dropping my blood sugar down to 84 which makes me dizzy. I try to maintain it between 90 and 110 (110 is technically on the higher edge but it helps when metformin blocks some of the glucose drops into the bloodstream).
I think the best course of action at this stage is to find time to exercise more.

I figured as much about blood sugar.  Another thing to try is to have cheat days--some people do them once a week to eat out with family/friends or less often for other occasions.  Eat foods you wouldn't normally eat or drink that day like maybe fruit, m3janat, a cocktail/beer/wine or even sweets (there are sugar free ones too) just to get your body to work a little differently and get it out of its comfort zone.  This will also give you a sense of normalcy too so you don't being start craving foods you weren't able to have.

Board footer