LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 last month

kareem_nasser

PlayStation 5

For those of you who didn't read the news yet, the next generation Playstation has been announced previously last April. Recently some more details were revealed, here is more information on the following link

#2 last month

Tech Guru

Re: PlayStation 5

kareem_nasser wrote:

For those of you who didn't read the news yet, the next generation Playstation has been announced previously last April. Recently some more details were revealed, here is more information on the following link

Yeah been following the news ,  basically a Zen 2 CPU and a Navi Based GPU with a Real Time Ray Tracing capable hardware ,  both based on 7nm.  Suspersingly the current 5700XT misses RTRT. To me it will be capable to output 2160p native 60 fps on medium -  high setting and upscaled 8k at 30 fps (  like checkerboarding). Added to that an SSD for faster loading and texture streaming vs a mechanical HDD on current (consoles - which you can swap and plug an SSD as I did in my PS4 Pro).

It is nice to have the PS5  for a lazy couch experience but my expectations are not too high in raw performance relative to PC gaming experience that has been and will always be a way way ahead. For a fully fledged experience an 8K  TV will be required with HDMI 2.1 or at least a 4k TV with HDMI 2.1. PS5 will most certainly support the HDMI 2.1 standard. Currently Samsung Q90R ( 4k) , Q900R(8K) and LGs 2019 OLED Models ) (C9 , E9 ..) includes HDMI 2.1 ports. They are considered high end TVs with 3K+ investments for the 55"  inch variants. Hopefully in Q4 2020 , HDMI 2.1 and/or 8K will become more mainstream ,  with price drops. Which I suspect that to happen after 1 year and 3 months from now.

Last edited by Tech Guru (last month)

#3 last month

kareem_nasser

I think you should check this video from Digitalfoundry comparing GCN 1.0 to RDNA Navi RDNA vs GCN 1.0: Last-Gen vs Next-Gen GPU Tech Head-To-Head!

Last edited by kareem_nasser (last month)

#4 last month

Tech Guru

kareem_nasser wrote:

I think you should check this video from Digitalfoundry comparing GCN 1.0 to RDNA Navi RDNA vs GCN 1.0: Last-Gen vs Next-Gen GPU Tech Head-To-Head!

Yep I  watched it the moment Digital Foundry uploaded it on youtube.  There is nothing special about RDNA and the 5700XT with 7nm Navi RDNA architrcture has an average rasterization performance relative to 2019 technological advancements. The PS5 will add some sort of RT cores to do real time ray tracing. With proper development (as current PS4 / PS4 Pro Exlusives) the PS4 5 will have a relative ~ 1080ti performance in rasterization ~ 11.3 TFLOPS of FP32 performance.

Last edited by Tech Guru (last month)

Board footer