LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 17 2019

m_zeid

Ship furniture to Lebanon

Hello all geeks,

It's been two years living in the gulf area and now I'm planning to come back to Lebanon.

My question is about shipping my furniture, and I can't find any info online and friends and people around have no idea about this.

They are not much, I will disregard the bedroom and living room and sell them here. But I have a lot of computers, TVs, gaming consoles, speakers... (These are the most important, you are a geek you should understand  ) and then the less important stuff like fridge, washing machine, cabinets tables, chairs.... I think that half a container is more than enough.

Do you have any idea about the cost? legal things i should be aware of? any import tariffs would be applied? Can you suggest any company?

Another thing, I have a broken car (accident) here it would be sold for super cheap price. Can I ship it too in the container? I don't want to use in Lebanon, but sell it as parts.

I'm really waiting for your inputs

Thanks in advance guys

#2 October 17 2019

catdotgif

Re: Ship furniture to Lebanon

We are just completing a long distance move ourselves.  That's the keyword you want, long distance moving or long distance relocation.   

FYI, for us, the cost was about the same to move the stuff vs. just selling it and buying new stuff, so it depends on whether you're attached to your stuff or not.

Another tip: the minimum unit of long distance moving is the 20' container (google TFEU).  That corresponds to a two-bedroom house full of stuff.   If you don't have that much stuff, try to find someone to split the container with you maybe.

It will definitely cost you more to move a wrecked car than you will get for selling it in a different location.  Unless it's a collectible of some sort maybe.

#3 October 23 2019

rolf

Re: Ship furniture to Lebanon

I am sorry that you moved to Lebanon at such bad times.
Anyway you can order Ikea to Lebanon on iShip (warning: I never tested it nor heard of it so I do not endorse it)
They may also be able to help you with your stuff, it is worth to ask (if they are open).
Otherwise personally I would start by asking Cargomaster, the shipping company, because one of the executives is an old friend from school, so there is a personal connection, that's all. Never used their services but they seem like a decent company from the outset.

Last edited by rolf (October 23 2019)

Board footer