LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3601 October 11 2019

Raficoo

Re: Feedback for Ogero

The "disconnection" problem seems to have been fixed.

#3602 October 11 2019

leblinux

Hello, the team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. We are very sorry for the inconveniences.

#3603 October 12 2019

DNA

yea there was a range of subnets that had this problem, 178.x.x.x didn't have this issue, dunno if that was handled on different routers, reconnecting several times to get the 178 IP range fixed it for me

#3604 October 12 2019

DG

Anyone with ogero still losing connectivity ?
All leds are "on" on the modem but I have no internet.

#3605 October 12 2019

dio

DG wrote:

Yup, been happening since last night for me. For now it's stable-ish. Don't know whats going on. At least it's everyone?

#3606 October 12 2019

AliJ7

dio wrote:
DG wrote:

Yup, been happening since last night for me. For now it's stable-ish. Don't know whats going on. At least it's everyone?

For me it was solved last night around 12..everything stable from then.

#3607 October 15 2019

wollyka

Is anybody suffering from low DSL speeds since last night in Beirut? Could the fires and the problem in the electricity be affecting it?

#3608 October 15 2019

dio

wollyka wrote:

Is anybody suffering from low DSL speeds since last night in Beirut? Could the fires and the problem in the electricity be affecting it?

So far nothing for me. I'm still max speed and latency is fine. (In Hamra)

#3609 October 15 2019

chosen2k

Anyone seen the deployment plan recently? pathetic.

https://www.ogero.gov.lb/deployment

#3610 October 15 2019

M03

chosen2k wrote:

the pathetic part of it is that they removed the upcoming 2020-2021 deployment plan

on a side note (off topic), are we allowed to post threads that are not illegal but at the same time they're against ogero protocols?
not just ogero, say alfa, or the government itself. (in other words, they cannot sue me for those topics because they're not illegal but workarounds and stuff, they're forcing certain stuff that most people aren't aware of and i think the people should and must know about)

Last edited by M03 (October 15 2019)

#3611 October 15 2019

nosense

M03 wrote:
chosen2k wrote:

the pathetic part of it is that they removed the upcoming 2020-2021 deployment plan

on a side note (off topic), are we allowed to post threads that are not illegal but at the same time they're against ogero protocols?
not just ogero, say alfa, or the government itself. (in other words, they cannot sue me for those topics because they're not illegal but workarounds and stuff, they're forcing certain stuff that most people aren't aware of and i think the people should and must know about)

Do it and if it's against the forum rules the mods will take care of it

#3612 October 19 2019

SamyBr

So my router sometimes factory resets on its own (maybe power quality affecting this), and I have the PPPoE credentials to reconfigure it. It seems that after last time my connection is slower. We have the 4mb/s unlimited subscribtion, but after I reconfigured, the max speed is 2mb/s. Anyone experiencing slow downs? Or maybe I misconfigured something?

I used the guide from the thread:
"How to configure any DSL Modem" -> "Modem Configuration For Linksys" (can't post link)

I live in Saida, pretty close to the central

Last edited by SamyBr (October 19 2019)

#3613 October 20 2019

ahk40a

SamyBr wrote:

So my router sometimes factory resets on its own (maybe power quality affecting this), and I have the PPPoE credentials to reconfigure it. It seems that after last time my connection is slower. We have the 4mb/s unlimited subscribtion, but after I reconfigured, the max speed is 2mb/s. Anyone experiencing slow downs? Or maybe I misconfigured something?

I used the guide from the thread:
"How to configure any DSL Modem" -> "Modem Configuration For Linksys" (can't post link)

I live in Saida, pretty close to the central

Hello, I am facing the same thing with a new router from ASUS. The problem is the same, it resets to factory settings after sometime. I read that this could be caused by a wrong firmware upgrade. Try upgrading your router using a LAN connected laptop. Perform several factory resets on the router. VPI/VCI set it to 0/35 i guess. MTU: 1492 Timeout"4320, Service Category: VBR without PCR.

#3614 October 23 2019

vengeance666

The modem resets itself to factory settings when the power suddenly cuts off for so many times. It's some sort of safety mechanism I suppose. I've seen it happen so many times at several people's homes. Not every modem does that but many do. The simple fix was to install a UPS backup battery and it never happened again.

#3615 October 24 2019

AliJ7

Anyone with OGERO suffering from constant disconnections for the past two hours?
my modem disconnected like 15 times already.
Anyone else or just me? Chiah centrale here.

#3616 October 24 2019

AliJ7

I would blame the weather but maybe there's a prob on there end just like a couple of days ago..

#3617 October 25 2019

DG

If your line is already in a bad condition then thunder, which usually causes an increase in errors, might be the cause.

#3618 October 26 2019

LifeEngineer

Guys I got Ogero very recently.
Those are my values:

Upstream    Downstream
Current Rate (kbps)    404    6400
Max Rate (kbps)    418    7680
SNR Margin (dB)    7.3    9.9
Line Attenuation (dB)    36.7    24.3
Errors (pkts)    89    504

What does that mean?!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (October 26 2019)

#3619 October 27 2019

Techlover

LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys I got Ogero very recently.
Those are my values:

Upstream    Downstream
Current Rate (kbps)    404    6400
Max Rate (kbps)    418    7680
SNR Margin (dB)    7.3    9.9
Line Attenuation (dB)    36.7    24.3
Errors (pkts)    89    504

What does that mean?!

You line stats are not that good , but acceptable ( i mean not the 0.5 mbps some people are still suffering from) .

You are currently having 6.4 mbps which is around the maximum you can get on your line . The errors on your line are acceptable.

Anw, how far are you from the CO?

#3620 October 27 2019

LifeEngineer

Techlover wrote:

You line stats are not that good , but acceptable ( i mean not the 0.5 mbps some people are still suffering from) .

You are currently having 6.4 mbps which is around the maximum you can get on your line . The errors on your line are acceptable.

Thanks man for your reply.

I live in Zouk Mosbeh so not sure how far I am from the CO which is located near the highway in Adonis. Is it direct distance (bird's fly) or the normal road routing where the cables are in?!

Sometimes it's 3mbps which is half, sometimes 6 or 7 and sometimes it's 14 and 15mbps.
So i'm happy overall. I come from a cable 1 to 2mbps connection.

What annoys me is that I'm a PC gamer. The ping isn't great although they put me on the interleaving off and low ping mode.
In most games it hovers between 95 and 120ms with occasional spikes to a 1000 or more.
I expected much better than that honestly.
In other games, I can't join at all, like Battlefield 5. I can't play it on Ogero. I switch my 4g mobile hotspot and it works immediately. Weird stuff.

#3621 October 27 2019

LifeEngineer

Oh it seems whole Origin/EA account can't open on Ogero. Not even Apex is playable. It used to work perfectly at first. It's been like this for a week.

#3622 October 27 2019

Techlover

LifeEngineer wrote:
Techlover wrote:

Thanks man for your reply.

I live in Zouk Mosbeh so not sure how far I am from the CO which is located near the highway in Adonis. Is it direct distance (bird's fly) or the normal road routing where the cables are in?!

Sometimes it's 3mbps which is half, sometimes 6 or 7 and sometimes it's 14 and 15mbps.
So i'm happy overall. I come from a cable 1 to 2mbps connection.

What annoys me is that I'm a PC gamer. The ping isn't great although they put me on the interleaving off and low ping mode.
In most games it hovers between 95 and 120ms with occasional spikes to a 1000 or more.
I expected much better than that honestly.
In other games, I can't join at all, like Battlefield 5. I can't play it on Ogero. I switch my 4g mobile hotspot and it works immediately. Weird stuff.

Usually the distance to the CO is based on the road routing where the  cables pass .
And considering the speed fluctuations with ogero it is very abnormal. It shouldn't fluctuate that much . It seems your line is not really clean, but it may also be because of your internal wiring if it is not good , cca or old low quality , may be a wall socket , an old modem or modem that needs to be updated . I'd recommend to check your internal wiring, if the speed still fluctuates that much you should contact ogero . Your ping is probably related to such issues  .

#3623 October 27 2019

LifeEngineer

Techlover wrote:

Usually the distance to the CO is based on the road routing where the  cables pass .
And considering the speed fluctuations with ogero it is very abnormal. It shouldn't fluctuate that much . It seems your line is not really clean, but it may also be because of your internal wiring if it is not good , cca or old low quality , may be a wall socket , an old modem or modem that needs to be updated . I'd recommend to check your internal wiring, if the speed still fluctuates that much you should contact ogero . Your ping is probably related to such issues  .

My internal wiring is all new. The house has been renovated and we removed all of the old electrical cables and phone cable (as well as sanitary ofc) and installed new one. A new data cable is reaching the phone box at ground floor. The modem is new. I didn't finish my 1st month with Ogero yet.

#3624 October 28 2019

Techlover

LifeEngineer wrote:
Techlover wrote:

My internal wiring is all new. The house has been renovated and we removed all of the old electrical cables and phone cable (as well as sanitary ofc) and installed new one. A new data cable is reaching the phone box at ground floor. The modem is new. I didn't finish my 1st month with Ogero yet.

It may also be EM interference on your wiring .
But anyway it would be a good idea to check with ogero if there is a problem on their side .

#3625 November 6 2019

ahk40a

There is no activity here on this forum since days. Any update regarding the deployment plan for the fiber optic? It would be interesting to know such updates.

Board footer