LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 December 10 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: Shop and Ship or Borderlinx

I followed what Ramnesia did with his MSI Gaming 970 from Amazon and Borderlinx and followed the same path, though instead of 44$ for transport it will cost 77$!!
I look deeper in the problem and it looks like the ''volumetric'' package is 2kg more than the shipped 1.8kg.
I have no idea why with UPS it weighted 1.8kg and Borderlinx estimated it 4.8kg.
I just called Borderlinx but the team is not here just a regular DHL guy, so I loosed a whole business day for nothing because tomorrow the team will return and dunno what to ask for make it like Ramnesia and cost me 44$ meaning return to the 1.8kg weight and volumetric.

#52 December 10 2014

Ramnesia

I am sorry i should have told you  how they calculate the weight, As long as the volumetric weight is less than 25 kilos DHL will only charge you based on the actual weight. (Disregard the shipping charges that are displayed in the suite as they would sometimes reflect the volumetric weight of your package even if the volume is inferior to 25 kgs).
Thats is how DHL charge you:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByGfbMR … edit?pli=1

#53 December 10 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Cool!
So it's a bug in their system as they calculate the shipping total like if it was a +25kg while they shouldn't.
I am gonna call them directly at Ohio just to be 100% sure, I brought their phone from google based on their address.
How do you call US from your home's fixed line (we have international enabled)?
The number of DHL is +1 859-371-1286
I am doing 0018593711286 but it looks like a number is missing
Can't wait to have this card :)

Last edited by vegetaleb (December 10 2014)

#54 December 10 2014

AVOlio

When did you order yours ?
I put my order just this morning.
Perhaps our cards would arrive in the same shipment .
What shipping speed did you use?

Also @ramnesia
Did you use the rebate form that gigabyte is offering ?

#55 December 10 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

My card is already at Borderlinx US, it took 5 days for Amazon to ship it, I am just waiting them to update the price of the item as they didn't get an invoice to release it

#56 December 10 2014

Ramnesia

i m hoping i get it on the gtx 970

#57 December 11 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

I released the gtx 970 from it's US prison
Still no tracking number but from what I learned from Borderlinx Lebanon, they usually have 2 shipments per week toward Lebanon, Friday and Tuesday, my GTX 970 should be shipped so in tomorrow's plane then of course I will get the tracking number, with ordinary DHL you get the tracking number from day 1 but hey we are paying 40% less here so I won't complain.

#58 December 21 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Ok here's my review of Borderlinx:
Positive:
-Cheaper transport cost from US compared to DHL and UPS ''normal'' costs.
-Delivered to your door
-Free membership

Negative:
-VERY IMPORTANT NEGATIVE POINT: They give you a tracking number that don't work (it's with all Borderlinx orders) so you are in total pitch darkness about where is your shipment
-They say 5 to 7 working days but it's always 7 days, not less.
-Very confusing billing system, on the website they will tell you it's 77$ because of volumetric weight but in Lebanon they calculate only original weight if under 20kg
-No support 24/24 6days per week, it you have a question before releasing your shipment or need to update the invoice after 5pm in week days or after 1pm Saturday then you will loose a day of delivery because they don't have night shift employees just regular DHL operators who don't really help you.I had to call my suite in the US to have the answers.
-Apart the absence of real tracking number,they have a lack of coordination with their delivery guy, the delivery day my estimated delivery time passed from ''before 12'' to ''before 5pm'' to ''before 7pm'', and they don't call you,you have to do it.

Conclusion:
Apart the economy of 40 to 50$ this system is not good, everything has a price and if you want the normal DHL service with real working tracking number, 3 to 5 days max delivery time and clear and nice coordination from A to Z, you will have to pay more

Last edited by vegetaleb (December 21 2014)

#59 December 21 2014

NAM

vegetaleb wrote:

Ok here's my review of Borderlinx:
Positive:
-Cheaper transport cost from US compared to DHL and UPS ''normal'' costs.
-Delivered to your door
-Free membership

Negative:
-VERY IMPORTANT NEGATIVE POINT: They give you a tracking number that don't work (it's with all Borderlinx orders) so you are in total pitch darkness about where is your shipment
-They say 5 to 7 working days but it's always 7 days, not less.
-Very confusing billing system, on the website they will tell you it's 77$ because of volumetric weight but in Lebanon they calculate only original weight if under 20kg
-No support 24/24 6days per week, it you have a question before releasing your shipment or need to update the invoice after 5pm in week days or after 1pm Saturday then you will loose a day of delivery because they don't have night shift employees just regular DHL operators who don't really help you.I had to call my suite in the US to have the answers.
-Apart the absence of real tracking number,they have a lack of coordination with their delivery guy, the delivery day my estimated delivery time passed from ''before 12'' to ''before 5pm'' to ''before 7pm'', and they don't call you,you have to do it.

Conclusion:
Apart the economy of 40 to 50$ this system is not good, everything has a price and if you want the normal DHL service with real working tracking number, 3 to 5 days max delivery time and clear and nice coordination from A to Z, you will have to pay more

can you please put the original price and the final price of the gtx970 you got .. and how many days until you got it ?

#60 October 25 2015

Techlover

Guys,
I signed up for shopandship & paid successfuly but no addresses for the different countries are showing in my account. Any idea what is the problem ?

#61 October 25 2015

Aly

Techlover wrote:

Guys,
I signed up for shopandship & paid successfuly but no addresses for the different countries are showing in my account. Any idea what is the problem ?

Contact Aramex by phone or by email.

#62 October 25 2015

Techlover

Aly wrote:
Techlover wrote:

Guys,

Contact Aramex by phone or by email.

Yeah. I just emailed them.
But i thought maybe somebody who faced this problem knows more.

#63 October 1 2019

AVOlio

Is borderlinx even operating?
The site looks like a scam.

#64 October 2 2019

ironman

@AVOlio,

Their new website is https://www.dhleasyshop.com/

Board footer