LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#476 September 21 2019

duke-of-bytes

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

I shipped from amazon through a similar shipping service to congo..had a defective ssd.. I told the support how it is impossible to ship it back but i can destroy i destroy it in front of them..they shipped me a new drive and didn't bother with the old one..amazon customer service is something else

#477 September 21 2019

beezer

I bought car parts for $220, paid $300 for shipping.
Customs estimated the value at $666 even though there was a valid receipt with the package.

Total a holes. In the end it was still much cheaper than buying from Lebanon but it was still BS.

#478 September 23 2019

elserge82

AVOlio wrote:

Well, I just shipped a Gaming monitor from Amazon with ShopandShip Aramex.
On the description page of the item, Amazon claims the shipping weight is 25.3lbs.

But actually, the package left Amazon fulfillment center at 29.9lbs.
When the package arrived in aramex facility in New York, they declared the package weight as 39lbs.

After many emails with their support team, they were able to check the weight of the package when it arrived in Dubai, and they coorected it to its original weight which was about 29.6lbs.

It was a long process, but s&s support was helpful.

I received the package today.
The following is what I paid :

Customs Clearance (as "tasfiyeh") : 110$
Shipping (29.6lbs as a regular s&s user) : 235$
Customs fees / taxes : 187$

Total :   532$

And you know what, I would have be fine with all of those payments.
But as it turns out, the monitor is defective!
So there you go.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to do now.
Whether I should return it and ask for a refund.
Or I should return it and ask for a replacement.
In either case, I'm gonna pay more money.

I will ask Aramex on Monday if they can assist me in any way regarding this.

I'm really interested to know how it ended up. In S&S they make you pay insurance. that's for what?

#479 September 23 2019

nuclearcat

elserge82 wrote:

I'm really interested to know how it ended up. In S&S they make you pay insurance. that's for what?

Insurance only for transportation issues (shipment lost or damaged), it's not "everything insurance".

#480 September 23 2019

AVOlio

I called them today.
I asked them if s&s protect will protect me.
They said s&s protect is not even active in Lebanon, it doesn't apply in Lebanon.

Long story short, in case I decide to order the replacement, he gave me a 20% discount for the shipping costs.

But on a side, hopefully positive note.
I contacted Computer Echo, they are the official dealer of LG monitors in Lebanon.

Before I make my decision of purchasing from Amazon, I asked them if they had the monitor, I remember a representative from there helped me a lot, but in the end, they didn't have it.

I tried to get in touch with that same person today, turns out he is on a holiday with his wife.
But when he learnt that it's me who was asking for him and when he saw the picture of my defective monitor, he personally called me from his vacation.
He told me, he assured me 100% that he can order for me, the IPS panel itself from LG as spare parts.
Only the panel, without even the frame.
But he didn't give me a price since he wasn't at work.

He told me to contact him in 2 days when he returns, and we will see how much it's going to cost me.

So I have this going on now.
Even though he assured me that he can get the panel 1000%, I still believe that the universe will screw me over on this one as well.

But if it turns out that he really can bring me the panel.
Im going to take it no matter the cost, 200-300-400.
Because if I don't, a replacement monitor from Amazon will cost me around another 700-800$.

YaY me.

Last edited by AVOlio (September 23 2019)

#481 October 4 2019

AVOlio

An update of my issue.

First, on the Amazon side :

-First, Amazon didn't agree to give me credit for any costs that I incurred seeing that I shipped the package outside the US with a freight forwarder.
-Amazon only refunded me as credit the tax I paid, after I showed them every invoice of Aramex and customs here and the airway bill.

Next, Aramex s&s side.

Now I shipped the monitor as a gift from Amazon, so there was no invoice included in the package.
S&S has a term of use, that warns buyer to always include an invoice in their package, otherwise, their team in the US will value the package themselves.

In my case, they valued the package at 300$.
In reality, the monitor costs 900$.
But after many incoming and outgoing emails, I understood that it was my fault of not including the invoice.

So long story short, s&s offered the protection on my package worth of what they valued it at, plus they offered me free complimentary s&s shipping for the replacement monitor from US address to Lebanon.
If only I shipped the package normally and not a gift, and if the invoice would have been included, the insurance would have covered the full 900$.

So, now I have :
-300$ worth of fund that I can use on the replacement shipment for customs clearance fees / vat fees etc...
-Free comolimentary shipment from US to Lebanon for a 14Kg package (that cost me with the first one 240$ with s&s basic).

Now all I have to do, and all I have to pay is the shipment of the damaged monitor I have now to Amazon in the US.
I got a quote from libanpost of 290,000 LBP and that's what I will use.

Finally, I want to say that I was surprised with the friendliness and level of professionalism of s&s Beirut agents, they were very welcoming, friendly and helpful (agents on the phone and email).
They just earned my respect and loyalty.

TL:DR
After many emails with s&s
I received :
300$ insurance coverage to use for the replacement monitor charges.
Free complimentary shipping for the replacement monitor from US to Lebanon.
All that if left for me to pay is around 200$ to libanpost to ship the damaged monitor back to Amazon US.

#482 October 5 2019

lasho?

AVOlio wrote:

An update of my issue.

First, on the Amazon side :

-First, Amazon didn't agree to give me credit for any costs that I incurred seeing that I shipped the package outside the US with a freight forwarder.
-Amazon only refunded me as credit the tax I paid, after I showed them every invoice of Aramex and customs here and the airway bill.

Next, Aramex s&s side.

Now I shipped the monitor as a gift from Amazon, so there was no invoice included in the package.
S&S has a term of use, that warns buyer to always include an invoice in their package, otherwise, their team in the US will value the package themselves.

In my case, they valued the package at 300$.
In reality, the monitor costs 900$.
But after many incoming and outgoing emails, I understood that it was my fault of not including the invoice.

So long story short, s&s offered the protection on my package worth of what they valued it at, plus they offered me free complimentary s&s shipping for the replacement monitor from US address to Lebanon.
If only I shipped the package normally and not a gift, and if the invoice would have been included, the insurance would have covered the full 900$.

So, now I have :
-300$ worth of fund that I can use on the replacement shipment for customs clearance fees / vat fees etc...
-Free comolimentary shipment from US to Lebanon for a 14Kg package (that cost me with the first one 240$ with s&s basic).

Now all I have to do, and all I have to pay is the shipment of the damaged monitor I have now to Amazon in the US.
I got a quote from libanpost of 290,000 LBP and that's what I will use.

Finally, I want to say that I was surprised with the friendliness and level of professionalism of s&s Beirut agents, they were very welcoming, friendly and helpful (agents on the phone and email).
They just earned my respect and loyalty.

TL:DR
After many emails with s&s
I received :
300$ insurance coverage to use for the replacement monitor charges.
Free complimentary shipping for the replacement monitor from US to Lebanon.
All that if left for me to pay is around 200$ to libanpost to ship the damaged monitor back to Amazon US.

Thank you for this, I was planning to ship UST projector fearing DOA due to fragile lenses.

#483 November 16 2019

AVOlio

Hey Guys.
Shop&Ship is making a promotion for December for their Flex membership.
Get a one year membership for 45$ instead of 119$ until December 31.

Is anyone in the forum willing to share a subscription together?
I'm not a frequent buyer which is why even 45$ would be a big purchase for me, but i can handle 23$ if anyone is willing to join in with me and we can share the subscription.

Anyone interested kindly PM me.

#484 November 21 2019

AVOlio

I just received a package sent by a friend of mine in the US.

I purchased a pair of Corsair LL120 RGB Fans (3 pack) from Amazon and shipped it to the address of a friend of mine in the US.

Before I made the purchase, I calculated the cost of shipping the package with USPS to Lebanon.
The cheapest option they showed me was 36$.
So I went for it.

The package arrived at his address in the USA.
He went to a post office near him, and sent the package.
But unfortunately, the 36$ didn't apply because the package was too big, and the 36$ only applies to small items (envelope sized) but the weight was the same 4lb.
So the cheapest option with the huge Amazon box was 75$.
I told my friend to go for it, as I didn't have any other choice.

Today, saw that the item was cleared from the customs and it was sent to the distribution center.
Called liban post, they said they had it in sin El fil branch (closest to me).
And there was a 26, 000 lbp customs fees on it.

I basically thought to try this method to avoid charges from S&S and customs.
It turns out that it's more expensive this way.

But I still think that if the package was small and less than 4lb the usps charges would be rather cheap, and it would be cleared from customs here without any problem or charges.
I will try and prove my above theory with an nvme SSD purchase in the future.

Here are some pictures of the package, and the tracking and the charges.

https://imgur.com/pT5IsA1
https://imgur.com/AQjF6Ka
https://imgur.com/164K3AP
https://imgur.com/MNTs5OE
https://imgur.com/8nUztnc
https://imgur.com/ZtCbhNI

Last edited by AVOlio (November 21 2019)

#485 December 12 2019

ironman

Hey guys,

Anyone coming from the states?
Much appreciated.

#486 January 6 2020

Fadl

anyone used Sf express shipping before ? I bought an item on dhgate and they say on tracking it was delivered on on 30 december but i did not receive anything ? could it be that they handle the shipment to some local carrier here ?

Last edited by Fadl (January 6 2020)

#487 April 5 2020

ragdoll

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an iPhone from abroad. I already have an SnS account so I'll be using that. I just want to ask, how much would I have to pay to customs (via Aramex) for an iPhone 11 128gb (valued around $750)?

As for my experience so far, I've ordered twice using SnS.

First time was a pair of Galaxy Buds Plus from Amazon.ae/Souq, they got valued at $40 by Aramex and I paid in total around $15 for shipping/customs.

Second time I ordered a pair of shoes from Lems in the US (paid around $121). They got valued at $50, and I paid a total of $33 for shipping/customs.

I ordered another pair from Lems which should arrive on Wednesday to the NYC office. Will update on my experience with that one as well.

I do have a Flex subscription. Experience so far is a positive one.

Last edited by ragdoll (April 5 2020)

#488 April 5 2020

bobo619

#489 April 8 2020

Fouche

Hello Guys

Have you been receiving any packages from Aliexpress ever since the airport has closed?

#490 April 8 2020

Aly

Fouche wrote:

Hello Guys

Have you been receiving any packages from Aliexpress ever since the airport has closed?

Yes, i have been receiving packages from aliexpress even during the lockdown.

#491 April 8 2020

Fouche

Aly wrote:
Fouche wrote:

Hello Guys

Could you provide me with one of the packages received recently tracking number,

Or details of the package like on what date did it leave China/Reached Lebanon.. Thanks..

#492 April 9 2020

Johnaudi

Hello, how are you be able to receive?
LibanPost is closed and the shipments are towards my PO Box.

#493 April 9 2020

TheIlluminative

LibanPost is not really closed. They operate till 2PM I believe.

#494 April 9 2020

Johnaudi

TheIlluminative wrote:

LibanPost is not really closed. They operate till 2PM I believe.

LibanPost Mansourieh is though, sadly.

#495 April 9 2020

xazbrat

I received an sms from DHL saying they will deliver my package on Tuesday.  It is coming from the UK though, not through Aliexpress.  I will update this post if and when I receive my package.

#496 April 9 2020

nuclearcat

DHL works and works very fast (my experience).
Aramex works with restrictions, some friends waiting package indefinitely...
S&S said they are working, but there is delays.

#497 April 9 2020

Aly

Fouche wrote:
Aly wrote:
Fouche wrote:

Hello Guys

Could you provide me with one of the packages received recently tracking number,

Or details of the package like on what date did it leave China/Reached Lebanon.. Thanks..

Sure, here’s some of the items i received from Libanpost (Aliexpress) during the lockdown, you can track them on LibanPost website:
RB919216839SG
RE019727617CN
RB919216842SG

I have a shipment stuck at libanpost because it has customs fees to be paid (from iherb) i went to Libanpost riad el solh branch, they were partially open but i couldnt pay for my shipment nor receive it because their accounting department is closed.
I can also confirm S&S from Aramex is still working but with delays.

#498 April 9 2020

infiniteloop

I received a message from Libanpost that they are not receiving mails and packs because the airport is closed, you are saying DHL is still receiving, so Libanpost like banks about $ are just lying, they just don't want to work, it has nothing to do with the airport, cargo planes didn't stop

#499 April 9 2020

nuclearcat

DHL has its own cargo planes.
Libanpost using passenger planes.
They are correct.

#500 April 16 2020

infiniteloop

geez I wanted a 20$ thing from US, DHL + customs take 70$
I missed the aliexpress ways
BTW some items like mobiles phones can be bought with fedex, DHL or EMS with aliexpress, what are the equivalent to Easyshop with Fedex and EMS?

Board footer