LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3576 September 17 2019

ahk40a

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I just came back from Lebanon, where I have changed my parents Modem Router due to a high number of disconnects. The situation remained the same. But I have noticed something very disturbing:
We live in Doha Aramoun and we are connected to Khaldeh Central Office.
During Blackouts in the area, the connection is quite stable and faster than the time where we have utility electricity.
Once the electricity is back, the DSL disconnects due to electric noise it seems.
I have even tried to connect directly the Ogero's Box, to avoid in-building electrical noise. The findings are not enough to enough to define if there is an issue in the internal wiring.
I recall that in my previous visit to Lebanon, there was new Electrical Cabling being done by EDL with 11KV cables in the area. Once those were connected we started facing this disturbance in the DSL connectivity. Once we loose the electricity, the DSL service is back to normal. What a situation, we started to wait for the blackout to have a stable but slow internet connection.

Does anyone lives in the area and have the same case?

#3577 September 17 2019

nuclearcat

Thats very possible. One of my friends was fighting with EDL when they was laying such cables, they was refusing to lay them deeper to keep established safety distance. At the end they kept bare minimum.
Perhaps in your case no one controlled this issue.
And this, you know, is the probability of noise, or that several kilovolts will arrive on your phoneline.

#3578 September 17 2019

ahk40a

Unfortunately, Ogero are very slow in their deployment. Even though that the Khaldeh and its related area was planned in Q4 2018, then Q1 2019, and finally Q3 2019, it was recently removed from the plan.

This would definitely enhance the quality of the signal and boosting things for better speeds.

#3579 September 17 2019

xazbrat

ahk40a wrote:

I just came back from Lebanon, where I have changed my parents Modem Router due to a high number of disconnects. The situation remained the same. But I have noticed something very disturbing:
During Blackouts in the area, the connection is quite stable and faster than the time where we have utility electricity.
Once the electricity is back, the DSL disconnects due to electric noise it seems.
I have even tried to connect directly the Ogero's Box, to avoid in-building electrical noise. The findings are not enough to enough to define if there is an issue in the internal wiring.
I recall that in my previous visit to Lebanon, there was new Electrical Cabling being done by EDL with 11KV cables in the area. Once those were connected we started facing this disturbance in the DSL connectivity. Once we loose the electricity, the DSL service is back to normal. What a situation, we started to wait for the blackout to have a stable but slow internet connection.

I live in Dohat Aramoun too (near Blom) and have noticed the same thing, but it is inconsistent except when the power is completely out and then my SNR margin goes up near 25.  Sometimes the connection is 'solid' when there is power and other times on ishtirak, it really sucks.  For example, I have power now and stats are pretty decent except when the elevator is running and snr drops to 12/13, despite me having an external line.

Mode:    ADSL_G.dmt    
Traffic Type:    ATM
Link Power State:    L0

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):         204    280
Attenuation (0.1 dB):           445    270
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    163    121
Attainable Rate (Kbps):     4443    1293

I think it may have something to do with the street lights , but haven't been able to confirm it.  They did dig around in my area for the lines, but not between me and the box, so maybe there is an effect.  In any case, good luck.

#3580 September 17 2019

ahk40a

Quite interesting readings.

It seems that you are connected using G.dmt standard, have you tried forcing ADSL2/+? This might give you a better speed.

Regarding the noise that you are getting from the Elevator, try using SFTP Cable, and connect the Sheild and Foil to a lug and terminate it into the rebar found in Ogero's box, this will drain out the EMI.

Also, avoid routing the cable parallel to the electrical cables and Ishtirak cables for 1meter. if there is an overlap or corissing, make sure that the cables are perpendicular to each other to minimize interference.

Regarding my topic, I have posted some tweets and a temporary solution that could at least solve my problem if Ogero is willing to implement it.

#3581 September 17 2019

anayman_k7

I have an Ogero Open Speed line where I usually play games, the line syncs at ~17mbps, I was usually getting around 65ms latency when pinging Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and in PUBG the least latency I saw was around 75ms, I called and asked them to move me to the Fast Path, now I get ~41ms to 8.8.8.8 and ~60ms to PUBG closest server and the speed is still the same ~17mbps

#3582 September 17 2019

hkbazzi

anayman_k7 wrote:

I have an Ogero Open Speed line where I usually play games, the line syncs at ~17mbps, I was usually getting around 65ms latency when pinging Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and in PUBG the least latency I saw was around 75ms, I called and asked them to move me to the Fast Path, now I get ~41ms to 8.8.8.8 and ~60ms to PUBG closest server and the speed is still the same ~17mbps

Is fast path same as disabling interleaving or is that something completely different?
If it is something different how did you ask them to put you on fast path?

#3583 September 18 2019

xazbrat

ahk40a wrote:

Quite interesting readings.

It seems that you are connected using G.dmt standard, have you tried forcing ADSL2/+? This might give you a better speed.

Regarding the noise that you are getting from the Elevator, try using SFTP Cable, and connect the Sheild and Foil to a lug and terminate it into the rebar found in Ogero's box, this will drain out the EMI.

Also, avoid routing the cable parallel to the electrical cables and Ishtirak cables for 1meter. if there is an overlap or corissing, make sure that the cables are perpendicular to each other to minimize interference.

Regarding my topic, I have posted some tweets and a temporary solution that could at least solve my problem if Ogero is willing to implement it.

Actually, I have the 2mb unlimited plan, so G.DMT works for me for now.  I tried forcing it into other ones, but I think I have to call Ogero to do that as it refuses to do that now.  It used to, so I am thinking that Ogero did something from their end. 

As for my cable, it is a Cat 6 (UTP) cable which runs outside the building---the issue is that the origination point is still in the electrical room where there is all kinds of interference there especially the elevator and pump for the well---I know when either of those are on by my line stats.  I talked to an electrician who seemed to know what he was talking about and said that when Ogero gets the fiber in the area, the interference should go down as they will use different frequencies than now (I was asking him about moving to telephone stuff to the outside of the electrical room--he also told me that had to be done with Ogero's permission only).

#3584 September 18 2019

Abou7meed

anayman_k7 wrote:

Great!   
This is exactly what I did, am getting great ping values and 41-43 ms to 8.8.8.8 (btw it is Interleaving Off - but the support called it fast -something)

But if I move to 4 MB unlimited plan (am now OS - 150 GB , and I need more quota for big games/movies/etc) will the ping values remain the same, or they will get worse due to unlimited plan !!

#3585 September 18 2019

AVOlio

I'm pretty sure they'll remain the same.

But if it does increase, it could be that when switching your plan, the interleaving turned on again automatically (happened with me) so do remind them to turn it off again.

#3586 September 18 2019

anayman_k7

I guess Fast Path means that Interleaving is off because the operator talked about possibility of losing some bandwidth because of it

#3587 September 28 2019

Ahmad Toutounji

I requested a switch from open speed to 4mb unlimited, they told me it needs the first week , by this duration if i download something will it be accounted for the open speed consumption or the unlimited one.

#3588 September 29 2019

xazbrat

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I requested a switch from open speed to 4mb unlimited, they told me it needs the first week , by this duration if i download something will it be accounted for the open speed consumption or the unlimited one.

Yeah----you will have to wait until it is officially done on Ogero's side.  Nothing new or unusual about it except that in many countries you can switch almost immediately while over here it still needs a process for some reason.  Also billing cycle is mid month and cycle for consumption, internet plans etc is monthly---I haven't figured that part out.

#3589 September 29 2019

ahk40a

xazbrat wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Yeah----you will have to wait until it is officially done on Ogero's side.  Nothing new or unusual about it except that in many countries you can switch almost immediately while over here it still needs a process for some reason.  Also billing cycle is mid month and cycle for consumption, internet plans etc is monthly---I haven't figured that part out.

With all do respect, the change only happens on the next billing cycle. The case with Ogero is the 1st of each month. The billing is also delayed 15 days, which is normal.
For instance, taking DU as an example, the billing cycle is the 1st of each month and the bills are issued on the 15th. That is for the Land Lines.

For Etisalat, the same for the billing cycle and the bill is normally issued immediately for the SIM cards. The same what you see with Touch and Alfa.

#3590 September 30 2019

Abou7meed

Guys, any new updates regarding unlimited night traffic/ new prices / new plans !! :(
Mr Kraydeyeh said (since 2 months) it was forwarded to the Minister in order to show it to the government !

#3591 October 1 2019

Cage

Abou7meed wrote:

Guys, any new updates regarding unlimited night traffic/ new prices / new plans !! :(
Mr Kraydeyeh said (since 2 months) it was forwarded to the Minister in order to show it to the government !

Didn't the new plans and prices come out all of a sudden last year? I don't know. Just wait lol

#3592 October 1 2019

wollyka

Did anyone noticing a high snr fluctuations during the day? Mine is going from 8 to 2 db? and thus the modem is re-syncing at a much lower speed. Then after a few hours, it's back to normal Mazraa Centrale

#3593 October 2 2019

potato

wollyka wrote:

Did anyone noticing a high snr fluctuations during the day? Mine is going from 8 to 2 db? and thus the modem is re-syncing at a much lower speed. Then after a few hours, it's back to normal Mazraa Centrale

yea me too mazraa central.

#3594 October 2 2019

ahk40a

potato wrote:
wollyka wrote:

yea me too mazraa central.

I have been facing the same thing as well in Khalde CO. No updates from Ogero and they are not even planing to resolve this issue.

#3595 October 2 2019

xazbrat

Cage wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Didn't the new plans and prices come out all of a sudden last year? I don't know. Just wait lol

Lol--I am still waiting for speeds better that the 2 mbps that I am currently getting ( 3 mbps max according to the speedtest).  Another quarter, another notch in the failures of the proces as it was supposed to be done 3 quarter last year and then 3rd quarter this year before being yanked from the list.

#3596 October 3 2019

Cage

xazbrat wrote:
Cage wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Lol--I am still waiting for speeds better that the 2 mbps that I am currently getting ( 3 mbps max according to the speedtest).  Another quarter, another notch in the failures of the proces as it was supposed to be done 3 quarter last year and then 3rd quarter this year before being yanked from the list.

Yea welp. I actually told them to change my plan from 2 mbps to open speed this month but i still have to wait for like 2 3 more days they said yesterday. I wanted to change because ping would skyrocket if a device like a PlayStation or another computer connects to the network.

#3597 October 11 2019

Raficoo

Anyone experiencing weird timeout issues tonight? Whenever I'm downloading anything it just fails after a few seconds, and trying to join any online game of any type leads to a disconnect also after a few seconds.

#3598 October 11 2019

breathino2

Raficoo wrote:

Anyone experiencing weird timeout issues tonight? Whenever I'm downloading anything it just fails after a few seconds, and trying to join any online game of any type leads to a disconnect also after a few seconds.

Same here,

psn goes online just for seconds

#3599 October 11 2019

Kareem

Same issue here, all connections killed automatically after few seconds.

Last edited by Kareem (October 11 2019)

#3600 October 11 2019

leblinux

ahk40a wrote:

I am in the same spot since last year, when I discovered that the elevator is causing the SNR to drop everytime it moves.

I did all the troubleshooting you imagine without luck.

Today I closed a call with Ogero centrale Khalde Mr Mcharfieh, I told him about the problem and he said you need to find a professional electrician to solve the problem as Ogero has nothing to do with power cables inside the Electric room in the building, more over he said that ogero refuses and cannot install an airborne telephone line from the ogero exchange box on the curb across the street to my house or move the ogero box outside the electric room in the building.
Ogero DSL team best option to wait for fiber deployment.
I need to find a good electo-engineer who knows about EMF/interference and stuff like that...

Board footer