LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 4 2019

random-username

New PC Build: Will these components work together?

Been a while since I built a PC, I'm not the most tech savvy. I believe these parts will work well together, just wanted to double check with more experienced members here.

- MOBO: MSI B360-F PRO (LG1151)
- GPU: GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 G1
- CPU: Intel i5-9400F
- RAM:: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4 21300)  (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16)
- PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W ATX
- SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

I used a couple of online bottleneck testers and the CPU seems to be sufficient. I'll mainly be using this PC for light gaming in the weekends (Ark: Survival Evolved) in 1080p. The GPU and CPU combo appear to be more than enough to run it on 60 FPS.

My main worry is about the Mobo, since it says it's for "mining" on amazon. My second worry is the PSU and whether it will have all the required pins out of the box for the GPU.

#2 September 4 2019

VincentKeyboard

Re: New PC Build: Will these components work together?

You should be simply able to ignore the 17 remaining PCI-E slots.

#3 September 4 2019

Tech Guru

random-username wrote:

Been a while since I built a PC, I'm not the most tech savvy. I believe these parts will work well together, just wanted to double check with more experienced members here.

- MOBO: MSI B360-F PRO (LG1151)
- GPU: GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 G1
- CPU: Intel i5-9400F
- RAM:: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4 21300)  (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16)
- PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W ATX
- SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

I used a couple of online bottleneck testers and the CPU seems to be sufficient. I'll mainly be using this PC for light gaming in the weekends (Ark: Survival Evolved) in 1080p. The GPU and CPU combo appear to be more than enough to run it on 60 FPS.

My main worry is about the Mobo, since it says it's for "mining" on amazon. My second worry is the PSU and whether it will have all the required pins out of the box for the GPU.

It is average specs at best.

PSU  juice up easily the GTX 1070ti

MOBO much better alternatives are found

1080p 60fps Gaming it depends on the title and image settings. Take Control for example for 1080p60fps Ultra experience with 2xMSAA you need at least an RTX 2060 (  without RTRT). 1070ti is somehow obsolete now ,  replace with an RTX 2060 (regular or super) much better ROI and prolonged system Life Cycle.

2666mhz Rams are not so good for the min fps /  frame pacing.  3000mhz at least with CL 16 at most are needed for better frame pacing. However either the H or B chipsets support above 2666mhz speeds  , Z chipset is needed.

Last edited by Tech Guru (September 4 2019)

#4 September 8 2019

RandomMemory

I recommend you go for a 3700x instead of the intel CPU. Just make sure to not go with the stock cooler for ryzen. It does the job fine but temps do reach around 78c on stock.

Board footer