LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1276 March 15 2019

Draguen

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

00000, just put Lebanon - beirut on the delivery address.

if however it is super important, find a company that has a website and offices next to where you live, go to their website on the contact us page and extract their postal code, since it's different for every region of beirut

#1277 March 15 2019

xazbrat

HzSamer wrote:

Hello everyone

As you are shipping through Libanpost. What  " zip/postal code " should I use for my items to be delivered in Beirut?

I will receive a Payoneer card and they ask for the zip/postal code in the address, so I didn't find anything about that in Libanpost website.

Thanks in advance

You may need one or not, and I don't even know if they are being used any more---try to find you closest location and give it a go

Lebanon Postal Codes

#1278 June 8 2019

boudz

i ordered like 13 items from aliexpress last month but all the tracking numbers are frozen no new updates
is there a  problem in customs this month or liban post can anyone confirm that he has recieve aliexpress goods this months

#1279 June 8 2019

NuclearVision

days where aliexpress stuff were let through are over, basically they have this policy to retain everything from china for a few weeks, people get sick, and they order less.
Gearbest however, uses a courier called NL pora(dutch company), which basically makes it look like it's coming from Holland while in reality it's coming from china, these packages take <1 month.

#1280 June 8 2019

boudz

thanks for the fast informative reply
this is corrupted lebanon i'm not surprised
lately the postman at liban post told me that there will be harder restriction on aliexpress because merchants are angry from it I didn't beleive him but i think he was honest sadly

#1281 June 8 2019

NuclearVision

Honestly, our customs and libanpost are not that bad, compared to other countries...
However, the real reason in my opinion is that libanpost and the customs are angry with aliexpress (because the customs have more work to do, and libanpost is internationally obliged to deliver your stuff for free) and not the merchants!

#1282 June 8 2019

boudz

customs are not bad but they are slow
and now as you said it will be slower :/

#1283 June 10 2019

infiniteloop

Well if they don't take 20-25% customs on every single order with private courier then people will start to buy from amazon instead of aliexpress, but middle age laws will not be changed soon

Last edited by infiniteloop (June 10 2019)

#1284 June 10 2019

Salloum

If only it was just 20-25%. Ive gotten taxed 120% once.

#1285 June 12 2019

Hybrid

I got taxed 5000LBP on a $0.5 item, that's like 600%

#1286 August 5 2019

GeekDave

NuclearVision wrote:

days where aliexpress stuff were let through are over, basically they have this policy to retain everything from china for a few weeks, people get sick, and they order less.
Gearbest however, uses a courier called NL pora(dutch company), which basically makes it look like it's coming from Holland while in reality it's coming from china, these packages take <1 month.

is there any custom tax on gear best items and if yes, is it random or not ?

#1287 August 5 2019

NuclearVision

never paid any tax

#1288 August 10 2019

Metalloy

I was checking AE and found some laptops by Hasee in the featured brand section.
the shipping is set for 16$ through DHL. The one I liked is for 690$.
will I be screwed by customs if I go for it? and any idea about the brand itself? thanks

#1289 August 10 2019

NuclearVision

I wouldn't risk dhl. They will end up taking nothing or at least 100-200 dollars extra. It's like gambling
Maybe ask the seller if they could use aramex or express airmail?

#1290 August 11 2019

Metalloy

what about customs?

#1291 August 11 2019

NuclearVision

expect to pay customs with aramex, but dhl is another story(greedy exorbitant taxes: as per many reviews in the thread 'shipping from a broad experience'.

Last edited by NuclearVision (August 11 2019)

#1292 August 18 2019

infiniteloop

Anyone successfully bought sex toys from AE without the customs stopping the item?

#1293 October 24 2019

infiniteloop

Are the customs and Libanpost working since the revolt?
I have an item that arrived 8 days ago and nothing was updated since ''given to customs''

#1294 October 24 2019

NuclearVision

no its not working, i couldnt even pay my university fees because libanpost has been closed ever since.
It's gonna be a long, long year.

#1295 November 29 2019

10lalib

Hello
I have 5 items that recently arrived to lebanon based on 17track and parcelmonitor but when checking the libanpost website it doesnt show any information.
1 item arrived like 8 days ago and the other like 5 days ago
How long do you think it might take for it to be scanned and put into the system? Most of them are tracked codes
Also any chance of doing something beside waiting for them to put it in the system like tell them just scan it already and proccess it?
Thank you for you help guys in advance

#1296 November 29 2019

NuclearVision

1 week to 1 month for chinese stuff.
1 day for european parcels.

#1297 November 30 2019

infiniteloop

It's being faster than before!
Bought an item yesterday for black Friday and it was shipped this morning!

#1298 December 7 2019

boudz

infiniteloop wrote:

It's being faster than before!
Bought an item yesterday for black Friday and it was shipped this morning!

glad to hear that but did you mean it was shipped from origin country fast or you recieved it ?

#1299 December 9 2019

infiniteloop

Origin country

#1300 January 2 2020

infiniteloop

Anyone bought a branded smart watch from aliexpress like the samsung Active 2?
Here the very few people selling it are asking for 2000ll/$ meaning it jumps from 260$ to 330$ because of this illegal exchange rate when paying in LL.
So if it's safe to get a branded smart watch from AE I will get one

Board footer