LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 19 2019

CorrrrrrrRrrrrrrRrrRRupt

Internet becomes faster when there's power outage

I have my ADSL modem hooked to a UPS and noticed that whenever there's a power outage my connection becomes faster (from 10.6mbit to 12.5mbit), I already replaced the phone cable coming to my apartment with cat6 UTP, is there anything else I could do? maybe use SFTP cable instead? or does the government bundle landline cables with electricity cables underground so there will always be interference?

#2 July 19 2019

xazbrat

Re: Internet becomes faster when there's power outage

Been lots of conversations about this--elevator is usually a culprit, but can be anything, even LED bulbs in the electrical room.  You could investigate it further, but it may take some time.  For me, the culprits are the elevator and the building water pump--I can tell by my stats which one of them is running.

#3 July 19 2019

nefe_lpmk

Don't waste time and energy, as soon as fiber becomes available in your area, change to that. No more interference and trouble + same price.
Just have to invest in initial installation.

#4 July 19 2019

leblinux

I am still suffering with elevator problem SNR frops 12 db or more when elevator works.
People suggested to go to Oger and ask them to move the Telephone box of the building outsidd the electic room, but I dont have time during the week and Ogero’s close on saturdays (Khaldeh branch)

Board footer