LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 10 2019

ap4ss3rby

I need a new fan for my graphics card

My Zotac GTX 1060 mini has exactly one fan, and this fan has recently making grinding noises, and as such I need a fan l, hoping someone has the exact same card except dead, so that I can get the fan from it, I dont mind buying a new fan, but I'm not stopping the use of my computer for over 2months(aliexpress shipping time)

Last edited by ap4ss3rby (July 10 2019)

#2 July 10 2019

Jerome

Re: I need a new fan for my graphics card

Noice

Try your local repair shop

You can actually cool your gpu with any random fan you have, just not as well.
I remember opening up the housing of the gpu and blowing on the heat-sink with an 80mm case fan.

Proceed with caution, enjoy your DIY

#3 July 15 2019

Thrax

I have the literal same card and the fan died pretty quickly. Butchered the fan off an old GTX570 and to my pleasant surprise it ran better than the original. However, another card of mine, an RX570, also has one of the fans wobbling about so I just ordered a new fan replacement from AliExpress since I'm all out of fans lol. GPU fans are usually better more durable than random fans but anything will do the job.

Anywho, here's a link to a replacement fan for your GPU if you want to buy one. Be warned that it takes a bit over a month to get delivered. I'd say just DIY with a random fan, underclock/undervolt, and wait until the spare part arrives. You can also contact the official supplier but I seriously doubt they have any in stock.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980685199.html

#4 July 16 2019

rolf

What size?

#5 July 20 2019

ap4ss3rby

rolf wrote:

What size?

It is 85mm, and has 3 screws that go into the heatsink (not that it matters, I wouldn'r mind using zip ties).

Last edited by ap4ss3rby (July 20 2019)

Board footer