LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 June 27 2019

TigerFox

Re: Why is speed test speed different than routers mentioned speed ?

AliJ7 wrote:

I'm currently trying to solve a payment problem with them but when its done I'm gonna ask to uncap the speed. I don't know for sure but I guess its gonna be around 70 mbps according to my line stats. Yeah although I'm closer to the exchange than him his line stats seem better in terms of speeds for some reason. We will see.

On a side note , did it cost you anything extra to have vdsl installed ? Does the router you bought have to be delivered to Ogero first for them to program it or something ?

#27 June 27 2019

AliJ7

Nothing extra normal DSL payment for Open Speed.
200GB for 70000. Yes once they tell you VDSL is feasable they give you a document at the nearest POS where you applied for DSL(Mraijeh in my case) that you have to take to Mina El Hosson with the Router you bought and they would install it for you within a week after( about 3-4 working days).

#28 June 27 2019

Mayyad

I only changed the modulation to vdsl restart the router and it is done.
I contacted ogero before doing this, they told that i have to apply to vdsl and they will make a feasibility test, but once i heard when the fttc is applied you are good to go with vdsl and thats what i did, on the same day the fttc was applied i changed to vdsl and it worked.

#29 June 27 2019

AliJ7

@mayyad that's why you're uncapped

#30 June 27 2019

TigerFox

Mayyad wrote:

I contacted ogero before doing this, they told that i have to apply to vdsl and they will make a feasibility test, but once i heard when the fttc is applied you are good to go with vdsl and thats what i did, on the same day the fttc was applied i changed to vdsl and it worked.

How do I know fttc was applied ?

#31 June 28 2019

Moudimadi

Hello, im a bit far from the central office. im subscribed to ogero open speed 200 gb. my question is. when fttc is available in my area. Can i apply for vdsl? I don't want fiber i just need Vdsl not more. i have an ADSL/VDSL Tplink modem. Archer vr400. And the modulation is on auto. There is adsl auto and auto. i think they mean by auto vdsl too. So can i have vdsl or not? Thank you guys.

Last edited by Moudimadi (June 28 2019)

#32 June 28 2019

AliJ7

No, auto in your case is showing ADSL. How far are you from exchange? Where do you live? What's the speed you're getting now? Also, check your line stats.

#33 June 28 2019

Mayyad

TigerFox wrote:
Mayyad wrote:

How do I know fttc was applied ?

Well i noticed that the cabinet next to my house has changed, i checked the line status and it was dramatically improved.

#34 June 28 2019

Moudimadi

AliJ7 wrote:

No, auto in your case is showing ADSL. How far are you from exchange? Where do you live? What's the speed you're getting now? Also, check your line stats.

Hey Ali, Im like 3 km far from the exchange. I live in Doha Aramoun, the central is Khaldeh. im getting now on speedtest 13 to 14 mbit max and 1 mbit upload.inside my router im getting 16 17 mbit download  I have 2 options inside my router in the dsl modulation. i have the auto sync-up and i have the Adsl auto sync-up. But i wanna make sure when we have fttc in our area can i get the vdsl? coz i know that when the cabinets are upgraded to fiber. i will be near to the central office even if it's  in khaldeh. and i have a cabinet under our building it's so close. So i dont know.

#35 June 29 2019

AliJ7

I was a bit confused about what you mean. If your question is can you get VDSL now then no.
But if your question is can you get VDSL when your area has FTTC then yes, most likely. Nevermind about your router settings, you would just need to take it to them after its feasable.

#36 June 29 2019

Mayyad

Moudimadi wrote:
AliJ7 wrote:

Hey Ali, Im like 3 km far from the exchange. I live in Doha Aramoun, the central is Khaldeh. im getting now on speedtest 13 to 14 mbit max and 1 mbit upload.inside my router im getting 16 17 mbit download  I have 2 options inside my router in the dsl modulation. i have the auto sync-up and i have the Adsl auto sync-up. But i wanna make sure when we have fttc in our area can i get the vdsl? coz i know that when the cabinets are upgraded to fiber. i will be near to the central office even if it's  in khaldeh. and i have a cabinet under our building it's so close. So i dont know.

Your line status is very good for 3 km distance, i think ogero did build some mimi central rooms in that area, i know they built one near mp in bshamoun before upgrading to fftc. Before the built our line speed was 256 kbps, after rhe built it become 7 Mbps, after the upgrade to fttc it become 17 Mbps.
I think you can benefit from vdsl from now, 17 mbps is very good, ask ogero if you can switch to vdsl and they do a feasibility test.
In my case when i had fttc, i changed the modulation to vdsl and it worked without taking the router to ogero.

#37 June 29 2019

Moudimadi

Mayyad wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
AliJ7 wrote:

Your line status is very good for 3 km distance, i think ogero did build some mimi central rooms in that area, i know they built one near mp in bshamoun before upgrading to fftc. Before the built our line speed was 256 kbps, after rhe built it become 7 Mbps, after the upgrade to fttc it become 17 Mbps.
I think you can benefit from vdsl from now, 17 mbps is very good, ask ogero if you can switch to vdsl and they do a feasibility test.
In my case when i had fttc, i changed the modulation to vdsl and it worked without taking the router to ogero.

Yeah i was talking about getting vdsl after fftc is active in our area.then it should work automatically at my home. because i have the vdsl 2 modulation inside my router. they did a feasibility test and they told me that im not eligible to get vdsl now. So im waiting for fttc. we have a cabinet beside our building. it's so close to me. I wish they will change it as soon as possible

Board footer