LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 25 2019

sero

Need a housekeeper to clean my apartment regularly

Hello

I recently moved to Sin el fil area and i am looking for someone to regularly clean my apartment.
In my old apartment we used to have the concierge clean it for 5$/hour

After searching a bit for a cleaning agency, i found them all very expensive (charging ~10$/hour)
+ I prefer to give money to a needy person rather than an agency.

So for lebgeeks living close to sin el fil, can you help me find a housekeeper?

Last edited by sero (June 25 2019)

#2 June 25 2019

rolf

Re: Need a housekeeper to clean my apartment regularly

Some of the foreign domestic workers (filipino, ethiopian, etc.) end up doing freelance work. I will ask around, however I am not exactly in Sin el Fil but not very far. I suggest you do the same if you know any domestic worker in your area, they might know someone who is doing it.

I don't think that $10 is expensive however if you are paying it for an agency then the worker would probably get much less. I agree that it will be much better to hire someone directly.

Last edited by rolf (June 25 2019)

#3 June 25 2019

Draguen

4$ an hour is the minimum price if you work with the employee directly. Expect 6$/h if you're passing by a third party.

your best bet is to ask any maid that works at your relatives if they know someone, chances are they do and it's more safe for the maid and yourself. Plan B is to contact a facility management company, they always tend to have back to back cleaning contracts with sometime a couple of empty hours in between.

Finally if you're super desperate, go to a hospital and ask any non-Lebanese cleaning staff to speak with their boss, they will usually give you the number of their non-Lebanese manager that has been working in Lebanon for 10 years + and got promoted, that guy will dispatch someone to your place in a instant.

Last edited by Draguen (June 25 2019)

#4 June 26 2019

Johnaudi

This thread should be in the "looking to buy".

Okay, dark jokes aside, how often do you have to clean your home? Maybe it's a better solution to get a service?

#5 June 27 2019

rolf

Hello,

How many hours a week, please?

#6 June 27 2019

sero

I need someone to clean it 2 times per month. Each session will take around 5 hours

Board footer