LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 21 2019

AliJ7

Line Stats for VDSL

DSL Modulation Type: 
VDSL2
Annex Type: 
Annex A
Upstream    Downstream
Current Rate (kbps)    18831    73821
Max Rate (kbps)    43965    82147
SNR Margin (dB)    27.3    10.7
Line Attenuation (dB)    20.6    12.3
Errors (pkts)    0    0
So it says my Current Rate is 73/19 Mbps
Which is true for upload, but my down speed is limited to around 42 mbps. Shouldn't I be getting around atleast  60mbps download?
Is it something that has to do with my SNR or..?
I have a VR-400 and I searched for some ways to manually decrease my SNR but no luck.
Any feedback would be great.

#2 June 21 2019

duke-of-bytes

Re: Line Stats for VDSL

In VDSL2 the standard defines the Attainable Net Data Rate, so modems calculate this consistently .. so your current rate are not correct

#3 June 21 2019

AliJ7

But look at the downstream SNR margin compared to the upload one. How does this big gap make any sense? I'm litteraly 50 meters away from exchange my SNR margin should be alot higher.
On another sidenote, does anyone have any idea how to manually SNR tweak the VR_400?

#4 June 22 2019

xazbrat

AliJ7 wrote:

But look at the downstream SNR margin compared to the upload one. How does this big gap make any sense? I'm litteraly 50 meters away from exchange my SNR margin should be alot higher.
On another sidenote, does anyone have any idea how to manually SNR tweak the VR_400?

I don't believe you can tweak SNR on that model--I think you may be better off with an Asus modem.  Most ones that support VDSL also allow you to tweak your snr.   Also, there is a good chance that they have capped your download speed.  I heard they capped the speeds at 50mbps and you are close to that, so maybe send out a  tweet to Ogero and/or Imad Kreidieh and see if that is the case. 

As for you snr value, don't sweat it.  The values are great and are well within what they should be.   If there are any problems, it is where the connection connects to your apartment---that is usually the weakest link.  If you get problems down the road, investigate it, but otherwise don't worry about it.  No such thing as perfection in this country.

Board footer