LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5626 June 18 2019

ahk40a

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

hishjwnz wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Are you aware of any DSL offers that are minimalistic. like less than 10 $ per month with low speed and low Data cap. i used to be with mobi and they had for a while a 10$ plan with 4Mps and 15 GB but they removed this plan after a couple of months. I need it for an office that is barely used (sometimes less than a couple of times a month). I just let the Mobi plan run out without recharging it and it's now being canceled because we're barley using it since the poor economic situation has left us with 1/8 of the amount projects we were getting 2 years ago. I just think it isnt worth paying ~200$ a year  (16$ / month the current minimum plan) for ~20-30 days of actual yearly usage.

Cyberia has 4MB with 30GB cap for 12$ + vat. But if you rarely use the connection, try buying extra data on your 4G subscription and it would be better for you and you will still have those data at your disposal whenever you want. I know it is not that extra data that you would get but that would be a solution for you depending on how much data you download while visiting the office.

#5627 June 18 2019

rolf

I think you are a good candidate for 4G with tethering. Supposedly you have a mobile phone - just use your 4G on this phone.
Have a look at the prices on their site and try to figure something out. Keep in mind that any plan can be renewed "pro-rata" if you finish your allowance before the end of the month, with alfa at least.
Since you are doing business it is important to have a fast connection for the few times when you need it.

#5628 June 23 2019

Ezio

Hi,
I'm currently on ogero's 2mb /unlimited 40$ plan. I noticed that we're not going beyond 60GB so I've decided to switch to another isp provider with a cheaper plan. My questions is what the best isp that will maintain the ping I'm getting on ogero(70-80). Mobi have a great offer (18$ 60GB/4mb with unlimited night  traffic) but I don't want my ping to go high in online games.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Ezio (June 23 2019)

#5629 June 23 2019

Aly

Ezio wrote:

Hi,
I'm currently on ogero's 2mb /unlimited 40$ plan. I noticed that we're not going beyond 60GB so I've decided to switch to another isp provider with a cheaper plan. My questions is what the best isp that will maintain the ping I'm getting on ogero(70-80). Mobi have a great offer (18$ 60GB/4mb with unlimited night  traffic) but I don't want my ping to go high in online games.
Thanks in advance

I’d say stick to Ogero and get a cheaper plan that fit your needs, For the past years no private ISP had the stability and consistency that Ogero provides.

#5630 June 23 2019

Ezio

Aly wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Hi,
Thanks in advance

I’d say stick to Ogero and get a cheaper plan that fit your needs, For the past years no private ISP had the stability and consistency that Ogero provides.

The Problem is that ogero dont offer unlimited night traffic. Which will be a problem when large major games are released in october/November. We are not going above 50/60 GB cuz i rarely download movies or watch online if u know what I mean

#5631 June 24 2019

xazbrat

Ezio wrote:
Aly wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Hi,
Thanks in advance

The Problem is that ogero dont offer unlimited night traffic. Which will be a problem when large major games are released in october/November. We are not going above 50/60 GB cuz i rarely download movies or watch online if u know what I mean

See if you can find an ishtiak guy in your neighborhood that can give you what you need in case you need to download games, but in terms of latency, you won't find anything better than ogero.  There is a guy in my neighborhood that give 3mb download speeds with a cap of 120 gb for 30kl===problem is that latency sucks, and in bad weather, the connection disappears.

My suggestion is to change your plan now (or Oct/Nov) to what you need and change it as needed.  Much less hassle that way and it doesn't cost you much to do it

#5632 June 24 2019

LifeEngineer

Ezio wrote:

The Problem is that ogero dont offer unlimited night traffic.

Wow really?! I was thinking about getting Ogero! I'm shocked now! Damn! What to get now?!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (June 24 2019)

#5633 June 25 2019

bobo619

I was just visited by an idm representative regarding FTTH claiming that my area is covered by ogero and not the GDS network. Hence i am capped to 50Mbps and not the up to 300 Mbps advertised. As it seems GDS is not capped and is capable of the up to 300Mbps while ogero is capped to 50. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

#5634 June 26 2019

kfc

bobo619 wrote:

I was just visited by an idm representative regarding FTTH claiming that my area is covered by ogero and not the GDS network. Hence i am capped to 50Mbps and not the up to 300 Mbps advertised. As it seems GDS is not capped and is capable of the up to 300Mbps while ogero is capped to 50. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

you can call ogero and ask them to lift the cap and they will do it. this is what Ogero chairman said. they are capping you just so that you dont consume your entire quota fast.

#5635 June 26 2019

wollyka

kfc wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

you can call ogero and ask them to lift the cap and they will do it. this is what Ogero chairman said. they are capping you just so that you dont consume your entire quota fast.

True but in some areas they are not removing it even if you call. It depends on the cabinet

#5636 June 27 2019

ramkam

bobo619 wrote:

I got visited more than 6 month ago by IDM for the FTTH, and subscribed. And, since then, nothing, apart the installation fees being prepaid. Any idea on how i can get my money back?

#5637 June 27 2019

Codename47

HI guys,
I am moving to a new apartment in Sahel Aalma,
Any feedback about the ogero dsl there is appreciated, i tried a couple of landline test and they were sadly very slow.
Anyone from there and currently with ogero dsl

Regards

#5638 August 20 2019

new_user

Does anyone know how long it takes to switch DSL subscription from Ogero to IDM? And do I have stay without internet for a while?

#5639 August 20 2019

Ezio

new_user wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes to switch DSL subscription from Ogero to IDM? And do I have stay without internet for a while?

There is a new service provided(forgot its name) where ull still have internet while the isp change. Ask ogero about details. Also it will take less time than before(3 weeks i think).
Reagrds

#5640 August 20 2019

Hybrid

new_user wrote:

I think it's a quick process now, but may I ask why do you want to switch, you might regret it later on.

#5641 August 20 2019

new_user

Hybrid wrote:
new_user wrote:

I think it's a quick process now, but may I ask why do you want to switch, you might regret it later on.

Mainly for the unlimited evening traffic (7pm to 7am) and to benefit from the cablevision bundle. Its looks like a very good deal and seems to save a lot. I am really worried about online gaming though. I know Ogero is the best and my gaming experience is perfect now. I hope I can still have a good gaming experience on IDM.

#5642 August 20 2019

AVOlio

you won't.

#5643 August 20 2019

Delacroix

new_user wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
new_user wrote:

Mainly for the unlimited evening traffic (7pm to 7am) and to benefit from the cablevision bundle. Its looks like a very good deal and seems to save a lot. I am really worried about online gaming though. I know Ogero is the best and my gaming experience is perfect now. I hope I can still have a good gaming experience on IDM.

You won't get Unlimited Traffic from 7 till 7, it's just unmetered traffic to those sites : Netflix, Wavo, OSN Play, YouTube, Facebook Video, Instagram Video (IGTV), Vimeo, Anghami and Deezer.

#5644 August 22 2019

kfc

new_user wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
new_user wrote:

wait for the new internet bundles that ogero (and all ISPs ) will launch soon after the approval of the council of ministers.

#5645 August 22 2019

Aly

kfc wrote:
new_user wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

wait for the new internet bundles that ogero (and all ISPs ) will launch soon after the approval of the council of ministers.

For real ? Something’s being prepared ? Or you heard some rumors ?

#5646 August 22 2019

kfc

Aly wrote:
kfc wrote:
new_user wrote:

Not rumors. Ogero chairman said that. They sent the new plans to the ministry of telecom for approval and then to the council of ministry and there is something about free night traffic (but with limited speed I think)

#5647 August 22 2019

Aly

@kfc that’s nice to hear, thanks for the info, looking forward :)

#5648 August 23 2019

xazbrat

kfc wrote:
Aly wrote:
kfc wrote:

Not rumors. Ogero chairman said that. They sent the new plans to the ministry of telecom for approval and then to the council of ministry and there is something about free night traffic (but with limited speed I think)

I hope something like that is true, but even if they roll out a package similar to the cablevision deal where traffic to sites like Netflix, youtube and other sites doesn't count towards cap, that wouldn't be too bad and may encourage more people to subscribe to legal sites.  Hopefully they can throw in some sites like steam and the ps stores too to cover more options

#5649 August 23 2019

Hybrid

kfc wrote:
Aly wrote:
kfc wrote:

Any reference?

#5650 August 23 2019

kfc

Hybrid wrote:
kfc wrote:
Aly wrote:

Any reference?

the facebook live that he did a month ago.

Board footer