LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 5 2019

rolf

Transport from Tripoli to Beirut

Hello,

I just want to ask, if anyone knows about the buses, specifically from Tripoli to Beirut at night (maybe 8 or 9 PM for example).
Are they available? I could not find any information online.

Thanks

#2 June 5 2019

VincentKeyboard

Re: Transport from Tripoli to Beirut

The Tripoli-Beirut buses will make trips to Beirut till 9 or 10 PM and then park in Tripoli at around 12 midnight.
The vans operate 24 hours a day.

#3 June 5 2019

rolf

VincentKeyboard wrote:

The Tripoli-Beirut buses will make trips to Beirut till 9 or 10 PM and then park in Tripoli at around 12 midnight.
The vans operate 24 hours a day.

Thanks! I have a car but wanted to go by bus because it will only be me (unless someone joins...) but I was worried that I would be stuck there with no option to come back but a taxi!

#4 June 28 2019

rolf

Just an update, I went twice to Tripoli already. I pick up the bus from Dora, I am not sure if it goes through Cola or Charles Helou before.
I tried the medium sized bus (picture below for illustration) and I recommend this mode of transport.

8272950905822732df3284570259296_1280_960-c.jpg

It costs 3000LL from Dora to Tripoli during the day.

Other options:
- Minivan: It also costs 3000LL. It is usually faster but less comfortable.
- There is a direct coach that leaves from Charles Helou. It costs 5000LL but it stops working at night. More information can be found online.

Tripoli is a nice city, not sick like Beirut.
You can walk around, enjoy the lively street life and the old city center. It is also cheap.

Board footer