LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#351 July 17 2018

dio

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

Hybrid wrote:

Terra Microwave in Zalka

$ ping lux.valve.net
PING lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=62.9 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=65.6 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=69.1 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=77.6 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=5 ttl=53 time=70.9 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=6 ttl=53 time=64.2 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=7 ttl=53 time=70.3 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=8 ttl=53 time=61.8 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=9 ttl=53 time=65.7 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=10 ttl=53 time=66.2 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=11 ttl=53 time=63.3 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=12 ttl=53 time=71.0 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=13 ttl=53 time=67.3 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=14 ttl=53 time=77.3 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=15 ttl=53 time=72.1 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=16 ttl=53 time=66.3 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=17 ttl=53 time=65.5 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=18 ttl=53 time=62.9 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=19 ttl=53 time=63.2 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=20 ttl=53 time=724 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=21 ttl=53 time=66.2 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=22 ttl=53 time=62.1 ms
64 bytes from fw0.lux.valve.net (146.66.152.2): icmp_seq=23 ttl=53 time=66.9 ms
^C
--- lux.valve.net ping statistics ---
23 packets transmitted, 23 received, 0% packet loss, time 22026ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 61.865/95.832/724.653/134.133 ms

Cool. Looks good except for that 724ms spike ^^. Thanks man.

#352 July 17 2018

Adlouni

https://www.terra.net.lb/OnlineApplicat … ation.aspx

Fiber to the Home Plans - up to 300Mbps
70GB $25    125GB $35    200GB $45    350GB $60    500GB $80
750GB $120    1000GB $160

One-time setup, Installation & Fiber Optic Modem with Built-In WI-FI Router $199

Unlimited Night $24
Unlimited Night is between 00:00 and 07:00. It is only available for the 350GB plan or higher.

#353 December 15 2018

boudz

hello i'm an old terranet user
but i'm really upset about pubg ping lately
in the morning the ping is good like 64 ms
but at night there is a big lag a lost packets ping about 300 ms
at night there are more family members that are connected to the wifi
my question is that the ping problem can it be from my telephone cables ? or from the router ? or it is from terranet itself and i need to talk to them

#354 December 15 2018

Aly

It could be from many factors, first it is 99% not because of your telephone cables since telephone cables are not sensitive to day and night cycle, there are several possible reasons:
1- Family members consuming the bandwidth which will cause the latency to become high (to double check this, simply when you are lagging log in to your modem, turn off the wifi only and see if the ping drops).
2- Congestion from DSP side, which means the infrastructure between your house and the ISP can be poor due to old copper wires or legacy equipment and will not handle high speed internet for the whole area you live in and therefore the connection will be poor during peak times (you can do nothing about that, you will have to wait for Ogero or whoever the DSP is to upgrade their infrastructure).
3- Congestion from ISP side, this happens when your DSP has a decent infrastructure but the ISP has a bottleneck from their end, their international links are operating at maximum capacity during peak times and cannot deliver the promised speeds for their customers, they usually cover themselves by telling the customer the speed is (up to x Mbps) and not dedicated ... you can also do nothing from your side to fix this.

In some cases you can have a combination off all above three reasons causing your high latency, your only hope is to change the ISP and hope your next one is better.

Last edited by Aly (December 15 2018)

#355 December 16 2018

boudz

Aly wrote:

It could be from many factors, first it is 99% not because of your telephone cables since telephone cables are not sensitive to day and night cycle, there are several possible reasons:
1- Family members consuming the bandwidth which will cause the latency to become high (to double check this, simply when you are lagging log in to your modem, turn off the wifi only and see if the ping drops).
2- Congestion from DSP side, which means the infrastructure between your house and the ISP can be poor due to old copper wires or legacy equipment and will not handle high speed internet for the whole area you live in and therefore the connection will be poor during peak times (you can do nothing about that, you will have to wait for Ogero or whoever the DSP is to upgrade their infrastructure).
3- Congestion from ISP side, this happens when your DSP has a decent infrastructure but the ISP has a bottleneck from their end, their international links are operating at maximum capacity during peak times and cannot deliver the promised speeds for their customers, they usually cover themselves by telling the customer the speed is (up to x Mbps) and not dedicated ... you can also do nothing from your side to fix this.

In some cases you can have a combination off all above three reasons causing your high latency, your only hope is to change the ISP and hope your next one is better.

big thanks for this informative reply
i will try to call them or changing the cable because it was cut in the end and i connected it
if there is no solution i will change to local distributor
the coffe where i go to have 4 mbps and the ping rarely drop how much the connected clients are

#356 June 1 2019

Elitism Guru

Hello,
Any idea how much the FUP is on the microwave? Are you satisfied with it? I'm switching from ADSL as Ogero is refusing to fix their ATM/DSLAM. I really need this for my work, and 4G is not affordable and realistic for my job.
Thanks in advance.

#357 June 1 2019

Elitism Guru

Hybrid wrote:
dio wrote:

Anyone have any feedback regarding TerraNet's residential Microwave? I was offered 12mb down, 12 up, with unlimited quota for $180 a month. Just curious about the ping to EU. Would appreciate any feedback on this.

Gimme a url/ip and i'll test it.

Their is FUP on the microwave afaik, so it's not really unlimited.

Do you have the dedicated IP plan?
Thanks

Edit: Those ping times are exactly the same on my current ADSL connection from Aley.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (June 1 2019)

#358 November 28 2019

itguyleb

Good evening ,

I am new here . ?
I want to subscribe to DSL internet, my friend recommended Terranet especially that they have better offers. So to people subscribed with them, do you recommend Terranet , how is your connection with them ?

#359 November 29 2019

Hemorrhoids

itguyleb wrote:

Good evening ,

I am new here . ?
I want to subscribe to DSL internet, my friend recommended Terranet especially that they have better offers. So to people subscribed with them, do you recommend Terranet , how is your connection with them ?

I've gone through Terranet ADSL > Ogero ADSL > Terranet agogo, ADSL from terranet is terrible unless you request a dedicated IP service for some reason, had the same issue with agogo. Ogero's support only works through Imad Kreidieh twitter I guess.

#360 December 5 2019

Beej

Hey guys,

Terranet hamra here, i am experiencing "no internet access" through afternoon till about 6-8 pm.
I called them they said that its my modem, for the last 1.5 hrs it only has upload. Is anyone having such trouble? Should i just buy a new modem?
At night it works fine, both pcs have access (connected via cable) and all the cell phones have internet. Yesterday i updated apex legends on both pcs, almost 18gb and download speed was fine.

#361 December 20 2019

hkbazzi

Guys I'm with Ogero at the moment. With the demands of data increasing day by day. I cannot keep my consumption below 200GB. Is Terranet a good move for 240GB and unlimited night? How's the ping?

#362 December 20 2019

LifeEngineer

Oh wow @hkbazzi. You just opened my eyes to this as I was having the same questions.

I just checked TERRANET website and it seems it's too good to be true.
For example, Open speed 80GB 23$+2$ to get unlimited nights, that's gonna be 25$. That's crazy if really unlimited nights are unlimited (both capacity and speed). I could simply get that offer and download all my games after midnight. Why would one get the 230GB bundle then?!? During the day I can only use my internet casually and game on it, while I keep all heavy traffic after midnight.

EDIT: I called Terranet Hotline and talked thoroughly with them. They said that they apply no FUP whatsoever and that unlimited nights are really unlimited.
Honestly, I'm having a very hard time believing that. It just doesn't make any sense for them business-wise.
Also while checking IDM page, they seem way more honest and transparent because they explicitly state that "** All plans are subject to Fair Use Policy".

What do you think/know guys?!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (December 20 2019)

#363 December 25 2019

LifeEngineer

So no one uses TerraNet anymore now?!
Can't anyone please help with the above post?!

#364 December 25 2019

Hemorrhoids

LifeEngineer wrote:

So no one uses TerraNet anymore now?!
Can't anyone please help with the above post?!

Might give it a go as well, too good to be true. At 18mbit you can exceed 1tb per month overnight dws

#365 January 7 2020

hkbazzi

I pulled the trigger and ordered the change. I'll let you guys know what are my thoughts

#366 February 13 2020

boudz

LifeEngineer wrote:

Oh wow @hkbazzi. You just opened my eyes to this as I was having the same questions.

I just checked TERRANET website and it seems it's too good to be true.
For example, Open speed 80GB 23$+2$ to get unlimited nights, that's gonna be 25$. That's crazy if really unlimited nights are unlimited (both capacity and speed). I could simply get that offer and download all my games after midnight. Why would one get the 230GB bundle then?!? During the day I can only use my internet casually and game on it, while I keep all heavy traffic after midnight.

EDIT: I called Terranet Hotline and talked thoroughly with them. They said that they apply no FUP whatsoever and that unlimited nights are really unlimited.
Honestly, I'm having a very hard time believing that. It just doesn't make any sense for them business-wise.
Also while checking IDM page, they seem way more honest and transparent because they explicitly state that "** All plans are subject to Fair Use Policy".

What do you think/know guys?!

i'm an old terranet user the internet is good if you are lucky and close to the central you will get 70 ms ping
i have 100 gb quota and i use like 320 gb montlhy with night traffic and there is no FUP untill now
i don't know if 320 gb is big enough to get FUP but hope no.

#367 March 12 2020

nuclearcat

One of my friends reporting that his VPN doesnt work on terranet today anymore. Anybody else experiencing this?

#368 March 13 2020

infiniteloop

Looks like this government of dictators is behind it
I guess torrents too like with Cyberia/IDM?
They are really going too far away

#369 March 18 2020

boudz

infiniteloop wrote:

WTF i tough this was my router problem
torrents are downloading like max 30 Kb/s !!
WTF is going on ??
any solution ? all my apps and games and from torrents and I tried VPN didn't solve the problem
it's time to change Terranet if this has no solution

#370 March 18 2020

wollyka

boudz wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

WTF is going on ??
any solution ? all my apps and games and from torrents and I tried VPN didn't solve the problem

Don't bother. All ISPs are doing it except for Ogero now. The main reasons are the increased demand/consumption due to the coronavirus and the lack of dollars to buy/ increase the international traffic. My ISP started it well before the "emergency" state (first week of this month). There's nothing you can do. I expect Ogero will start implementing the same measures soon if nothing is changed.
Think about it, you are paying in LL (same price since they didn't increase it) now to the ISPs and they are paying in dollars.of course, they will try to decrease the consumption and bandwidth by at least 40%

Last edited by wollyka (March 18 2020)

#371 March 18 2020

boudz

wollyka wrote:
boudz wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

WTF is going on ??

Don't bother. All ISPs are doing it except for Ogero now. The main reasons are the increased demand/consumption due to the coronavirus and the lack of dollars to buy/ increase the international traffic. My ISP started it well before the "emergency" state (first week of this month). There's nothing you can do. I expect Ogero will start implementing the same measures soon if nothing is changed.
Think about it, you are paying in LL (same price since they didn't increase it) now to the ISPs and they are paying in dollars.of course, they will try to decrease the consumption and bandwidth by at least 40%

our country is stupid or stupid
then why they doubled the speed and doubled the quota if they don't have money to pay
there is something wrong
anw thanks for the answer

#372 March 19 2020

HellBz

Guys Terranet is becoming awful everyday. I have the OpenSpeed I get on speedtest 11 Mbps. However when I try to load a video or open facebook or anything, it takes a lot of time to load. Even If I use VPN. Also I'm experiencing High Ping and very awful packet loss 20% in steam games. Time to go for Ogero. What do you think?

#373 July 5 2020

stereotype

I'm switching from IDM ADSL to Terranet ADSL next month.
I was hoping that people using Terranet's service could tell me what their latency in online games is to EU servers, if everything was stable, and if their latency was easily affected by doing simple things while gaming such as opening up Spotify or a Twitch stream while gaming.

In case you're wondering why I'm switching from IDM, the ping you get using their ADSL service in online games is awful and at best 100 ms usually 120-130 minimum.
Let's not talk about the download/upload speeds and trust me whatever issues I have with them is not related to my copper lines or anything from my end as I've rewired and sorted everything out on my end a while back before leaving Lebanon when I was still with Sodetel, where my latency was stable 70 ms in online games and wasn't easily affected by a simple google.com search.

Last edited by stereotype (July 5 2020)

#374 July 5 2020

Talm

I've had terrible experiences with them, plus they use bursts to trick dumb speed testers like ookla's.
Latency isn't consistent, when I called them, they told me that my subscription is for home use not gaming lounge...

#375 July 5 2020

stereotype

Talm wrote:

I've had terrible experiences with them, plus they use bursts to trick dumb speed testers like ookla's.
Latency isn't consistent, when I called them, they told me that my subscription is for home use not gaming lounge...

Oh, wow that sounds pretty bad, where are you located if I may ask?
Assuming you're under their ADSL service can you please ping 185.60.114.159 and 8.8.8.8 and tell me what results you get?
Thanks.

Board footer