LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 15 2019

ironman

OnePlus 7 Pro

Hello guys,

Have you watched the keynote yesterday?
The OnePlus7 Pro seems amazing with its full screen design and its 12 Gb of ram and its price 750$...

How would we able to get it?
As per the website it will be ready to ship in 3 days.

#2 May 15 2019

Tech Guru

Re: OnePlus 7 Pro

I think the S10Plus is still better all around phone. The OnePlus7 Pro:

Lacks WirelessCharging
No IP Rating
Corning  Gorilla Glass 5 (Instead of 6)
Lacks a Headphone Jack
Lacks Expendable Memory
Both have 89% Screen / Body Ratio - Still not a Full Screen Display ( Although close)
Wifi 802.11 AC instead of  802.11 AX

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 15 2019)

#3 May 15 2019

infiniteloop

750$
+ 100$ for Lebanese seller
+ 15% customs
950$ ish phone

#4 May 16 2019

Salloum

The OnePlus 7 Pro seems amazing, especially the 90Hz OLED & the UFS 3.0 storage is making me drool. This is the first Android that has peaked my interest in years. Will be buying one definitely. As infiniteloop said we should expect to pay around 900$ for the top end 256/12GB version.

#5 May 17 2019

kareem_nasser

Salloum wrote:

The OnePlus 7 Pro seems amazing, especially the 90Hz OLED & the UFS 3.0 storage is making me drool. This is the first Android that has peaked my interest in years. Will be buying one definitely. As infiniteloop said we should expect to pay around 900$ for the top end 256/12GB version.

Same here! The 90Hz screen and UFS 3.0 are drool material. I dont get why Samsung didnt include UFS3.0 in the S10+ and left it for the 5G version (correct me if i am wrong).

#6 May 17 2019

Salloum

I know the Galaxy Fold had the UFS 3.0 but not sure about the S10 5G. Doubt it.

#7 May 17 2019

Tech Guru

Salloum wrote:

I know the Galaxy Fold had the UFS 3.0 but not sure about the S10 5G. Doubt it.

Only the Galaxy  Fold is UFS 3.0. The rest Galaxy 10 variants , including S10+ 5G, are UFS 2.0. Nevertheless, from performance comparative testing , the OnePlus 7 Pro is on the same league (perfimance wise) with other flagships such as the S10/S10 Plus and the P30 Pro. The UFS 3.0 is not a gamechanger as it seem.

MrWhosetheBoss did a comprehensive performance test between the three

https://youtu.be/q131szcyJNM

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 17 2019)

#8 May 17 2019

Salloum

I will check your link later but on benchmarks it shouldn’t improve much, the faster read/write speeds on UFS 3.0 will be felt in the day to day usage of the phone

#9 May 17 2019

Raficoo

At 5:40, the OP7P seemed to have loaded those games significantly faster than the S10+, but even the Huawei was faster than the S10+, I wonder how much of a difference UFS 3.0 made here given Huawei was less behind the OP7P

#10 May 18 2019

xazbrat

Raficoo wrote:

At 5:40, the OP7P seemed to have loaded those games significantly faster than the S10+, but even the Huawei was faster than the S10+, I wonder how much of a difference UFS 3.0 made here given Huawei was less behind the OP7P

Check out some of his older videos---he compared the OP6 to the Iphone and it was the first time that an android phone had outperformed an iphone (he likes doing these comparisons).  When you get to a certain $$ amount for android phones, they are essentially the same.  What distinguishes them from their competitors is the software.  OP does an exceptional job of optimizing its software to its phones--it does help that it only comes out a with a couple of models each year.  Additionally, it comes out with updates very quickly.

Companies like Samsung have exceptional hardware, but  software is their achilles heal.  While 1 ui is an improvement over their Samsung experience skin, it is still pretty heavy handed and updates are slow to roll out.  Huawei also has a very heavy handed skin, but they also make their own line of Kirin chips so they can do a better job of optimizing their software to their hardware much like apple, but because their skin is so heavy handed, their updates are also slow to roll out also.

Yes--the OP7 pro does not have wireless charging, or reverse charging.  No, it does not have expandable storage. It has a pop up camera with a motor.   It doesn't not have an IP rating (although it may be good enough), and it doesn't have a presence especially in this part of the world (most important IMO), but it still provides consumers with a compelling choice.  What you do get a phone with a bigger faster display, better software and faster software updates, very fast charging and a much faster in screen fingerprint reader for a price close to the flagships.  And the camera while pretty solid, is not as good as its competitors, but it helps that there is a kind soul which makes an APK to make each generation of OP phones essentially pixel phones.

As for UFS 3.0, the note 10 is reportedly going to have this feature---don't know why the S10 line did not.

Last edited by xazbrat (May 18 2019)

#11 May 18 2019

Salloum

The problem is wireless charging imo. IP ratings cost money, the 7 Pro has all the rubber seals apparently, so it should be fine for accidental exposure to moisture. Just don’t dunk it in the pool I guess. The camera seems below par as well. This device is for people who value software and displays, and battery life somewhat.

#12 June 6 2019

ironman

Edited

Last edited by ironman (June 9 2019)

#13 June 6 2019

bobo619

ironman wrote:

Hello guys, anyone would be interested in a OnePlus 7 Pro?
I might be able to get one or maybe 2

I am interested. How much can you get it for?

#14 June 8 2019

LifeEngineer

Yes me too. It depends on the price actually as bobo619 said. Ironman?

#15 June 8 2019

infiniteloop

xazbrat wrote:
Raficoo wrote:

Check out some of his older videos---he compared the OP6 to the Iphone and it was the first time that an android phone had outperformed an iphone (he likes doing these comparisons).  When you get to a certain $$ amount for android phones, they are essentially the same.  What distinguishes them from their competitors is the software.  OP does an exceptional job of optimizing its software to its phones--it does help that it only comes out a with a couple of models each year.  Additionally, it comes out with updates very quickly.

Companies like Samsung have exceptional hardware, but  software is their achilles heal.  While 1 ui is an improvement over their Samsung experience skin, it is still pretty heavy handed and updates are slow to roll out.  Huawei also has a very heavy handed skin, but they also make their own line of Kirin chips so they can do a better job of optimizing their software to their hardware much like apple, but because their skin is so heavy handed, their updates are also slow to roll out also.

Yes--the OP7 pro does not have wireless charging, or reverse charging.  No, it does not have expandable storage. It has a pop up camera with a motor.   It doesn't not have an IP rating (although it may be good enough), and it doesn't have a presence especially in this part of the world (most important IMO), but it still provides consumers with a compelling choice.  What you do get a phone with a bigger faster display, better software and faster software updates, very fast charging and a much faster in screen fingerprint reader for a price close to the flagships.  And the camera while pretty solid, is not as good as its competitors, but it helps that there is a kind soul which makes an APK to make each generation of OP phones essentially pixel phones.

As for UFS 3.0, the note 10 is reportedly going to have this feature---don't know why the S10 line did not.

Actually the S10(+) is getting update monthly for now, this month it had 3 updates already but the 1st one was buggy

#16 June 9 2019

ironman

Edited

Last edited by ironman (June 9 2019)

#17 June 9 2019

samer
Admin

ironman wrote:

how much would you be willing to pay guys?
to be honest i am doing this for profit and i would like to see how much you guys are willing to pay.

If your motivation is to do it for profit, LebGeeks is not the right place to post about it.

#18 June 9 2019

Salloum

50$

#19 June 9 2019

ironman

Salloum wrote:

50$

how many do you want?

#20 August 24 2019

bobo619

Custom fees do apply.Just purchased one from Dubai and received the famous 90 days message

#21 August 24 2019

AVOlio

bobo619 wrote:

Custom fees do apply.Just purchased one from Dubai and received the famous 90 days message

You will receive it, but it will continue working after the 90days.

Although make sure to keep us updated after 90 days.

Board footer