LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 4 2019

rcm005

where to buy thermal paste

hi guys,
where can i buy thermal paste my laptop is over heating (cpu temp around 80C) the fan is working fine and i cleaned all of the dust

#2 May 4 2019

xazbrat

Re: where to buy thermal paste

Should be able to find some at pcandparts, microcity or any other decent electronics store.

or you can build your own DIY thermal paste   ;)

#3 May 4 2019

Elitism Guru

xazbrat wrote:

Should be able to find some at pcandparts, microcity or any other decent electronics store.

I mixed vaseline and toothpaste with water almost a decade ago, it worked fine for ~3months.
Vaseline keeps the paste moist and prevent hardening, toothpaste has fluoride which is responsible for the thermal transfer afaik.

#4 May 4 2019

infiniteloop

Mojitech has a good choice of thermal paste

#5 May 4 2019

JudicatorKhoury

There are cooler master thermal paste at macrotronics

#6 May 4 2019

rolf

xazbrat wrote:

You can find thermal paste pretty much in any computer shop and their cheap thermal paste should be a better option than DIY.
For the better ones I'm not sure. I think a few shops have higher quality. That is the kind of things I'd get on ebay.

#7 May 4 2019

Aly

You can get the Thermal Grizzly brand from pcandparts, one of the leading brands in the thermal paste industry.
If you want a less expensive brand you can get the cooler master one for like 5$ last time i checked at macrotronics and pcandparts.

Board footer