LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 29 2018

Tech Guru

The Power of Sony Exclusives -- Technically

High End PC Gaming (i7, 1080ti , SSD ...) + A PS4 Pro for Sony Exclusives + A 4K 55inch Capable HDR TV (Sony X930e) is a Treat.

God of War is an Awesome game from a very talented developers - Santa Monica Studio nail it. 95% on Metascore based on 102 Critics and 9.2 based on 4020 Ratings. Story Line , Gameplay , Graphics and Sound. Graphics are a true masterpiece , yes Checker Board 2160p with TAA is used with a locked 30fps - the frame pacing is very good on 30fps , it is fun.

Checkerboard 2160p actually have the native pixel count of 2160p ( 3840 × 2160p , 8,294,400 pixels ) -  it is a clever way much better than up scaling , where half of the pixels are projected from the previous ones (rendered) through buffers and vectors calculations. The result is a very near image quality compared to native 2160p.

It is not everything about the resolution , the IQ and techniques used in God of War textures , Shadows , foliage , HDR Lighting , physics , animations , hair physics , motion and excellent optimization set new standards for Consoles / PC games development.

Detroit Become Human and Spider Man are too promising exclusives too that will be technically powerful too.

God of War on PS4/ PS4 Pro: A Stunning Tech Showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlwTz5 … e=youtu.be

c0mnsgh.jpg

4e7GDb7.jpg

5K2EZf1.jpg

Lv0jHoL.jpg

O2nlgj8.jpg

MwyTpe4.jpg

#2 September 4 2018

Tech Guru

Re: The Power of Sony Exclusives -- Technically

Another masterpiece by Sony Studios  in Graphics / Gameplay for a Console , Awesome Development talents.

Last of Us 2  / 1
Spider Man
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End  / Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Infamous Second Son
Bloodborne / Bloodborne 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Ghost of Tsushima 

Will make the days of the Xbox One X hard.

PS4 Pro linked to a 2160p Capable HDR TV  for its Exclusives + a PC are always the treat.

Marvel Spider Man The Complete Digital Foundry Analysis
https://youtu.be/L2wr7vebb6Y

ACG Review
https://youtu.be/L2wr7vebb6Y

ajUwkm1.jpg

9x7aGc5.jpg

#3 September 5 2018

duke-of-bytes

i think god of war is now free to download of PS+ ?

#4 September 5 2018

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:

i think god of war is now free to download of PS+ ?

God of War 3 mate , not the newest. A major leap in every thing with the recent God War.

Gameplay
Story
Graphics
Animations
HDR Support

#5 September 5 2018

vlatkozelka

Spoiler alert!

God of war was the most disappointing game for me after prototype 2

It was better in graphics, and story. The story is only better because they give Kratos a bit more character, but that's it.

The gameplay was horrible. The levianthian axe is the worst choice of weaponry they could have made. The enemies don't react well to your hits, the sidekick you have (Atreus) is useless, etc...

The boss fights... wait what boss fights? It's just Baldur, and the fights with him are very bad.

The loot system is really bad. There's no point in investing time tuning your armor, because the effects in fights are negligeable. Not to mention most of the armor looks really ugly, and take away from the look of Kratos, the God of war!

If you compare the fun factor between God of war and the old god of war... well the old one was so good, my dad used to sit next to me, telling me "dodge, jump, punch.!!!", to the point where he's tell me not to turn off the PS4 and continue to play!

Last edited by vlatkozelka (September 5 2018)

#6 September 6 2018

LifeEngineer

Out of all that story bro ^ @vlatkozelka, and since I've never played any GoW game, I can only say that you have an awesome dad!

#7 September 6 2018

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:

Spoiler alert!

God of war was the most disappointing game for me after prototype 2

It was better in graphics, and story. The story is only better because they give Kratos a bit more character, but that's it.

The gameplay was horrible. The levianthian axe is the worst choice of weaponry they could have made. The enemies don't react well to your hits, the sidekick you have (Atreus) is useless, etc...

The boss fights... wait what boss fights? It's just Baldur, and the fights with him are very bad.

The loot system is really bad. There's no point in investing time tuning your armor, because the effects in fights are negligeable. Not to mention most of the armor looks really ugly, and take away from the look of Kratos, the God of war!

If you compare the fun factor between God of war and the old god of war... well the old one was so good, my dad used to sit next to me, telling me "dodge, jump, punch.!!!", to the point where he's tell me not to turn off the PS4 and continue to play!

A metascore od 94 out of 100 based on 117 critics and a score of 9.2 out of 10 user score based on  7307 ratings is not bad at all indeed. However every one has his taste and opnion  in games.

Personally , this God of War they moved from a slashing game from the previous titles to a more story driven and chatacter centric  gameplay. I praise too the technical achievement of SIE - Santa Monica Studio of how they sequeezed from ~ 4.2 F32 Tflops GPU and an outdated Jaguar 2.1Ghz CPU and  memory bandwidth  of 217.6GB/s. Lot of effort in game developmemt and optimization resulted in great graphics within an average hardware.

#8 September 6 2018

AVOlio

Who can lend me the new God of War game to play and finish? :)

#9 December 7 2018

Tech Guru

"The Game Awards 2018 winners: God of War wins game of the year as Red Dead Redemption 2 rides home with four" - Telegraph

Sony Exclusives are Damn Solid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news … edemption/

#10 April 26 2019

Tech Guru

Another Sony exclusive, which is another  "technical masterpiece" added to the list of Sony exclusives, checking the marks of Image Quality  & Real HDR mapping / range ( on a compatible HDR Screen).

"Days Gone" - 7 Years of Developmeny by SIE Bend Studio

HX7C8oT.jpg

Days Gone  on PS4 / PS4 Pro: The Digital Foundry Analysis
https://youtu.be/BngnD3h5ZkU

[4K HDR] Days Gone PS4 GamePlay: An HDR Showcase?
https://youtu.be/xHx-PfBsYtA

#11 April 27 2019

beezer

The water in GoW is crap compared to Black Flag, they really just didn't throw any effort there. Like zero effort.

Board footer