LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 5 2019

Tech Guru

Re: The New Samsung S10 Plus

Salloum wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Buying an Android on launch is a fast way to burn money. It’ll be 600$ new in 3 months.

S10 plus 1TB  12GB Ram @600USD after 3 months , over exaggerated unrelated to reality claim.

S9 Plus 128GB is being Sold now @630 USD at Amhaz Stores " sort of black market giving lowest market prices".

Obviously not the top end model. But the 128GB should drop fast, as previous years tell us

S9+ 128GB Plus @ 630 USD now ;  I bet the S10/S10plus 128GB models will be 600 USD after 3 months, after one year " maybe".

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 5 2019)

#52 April 6 2019

infiniteloop

Wait for the Note 10

#53 April 6 2019

Tech Guru

infiniteloop wrote:

Wait for the Note 10

Already dropped the Samsung S10Plus 1TB  , 12GB Ram with the Free Galaxy Watch 46mm - Silver @ 1649 USD & purshased separately the Wireless Charger Duos @ 89 USD ,
Total 1738 USD TTC from Samsung Official Showroom - CTC Debayeh.

It is a monster phone indeed , very satisfied with my switch from my ex Iphone XS Max 512GB.

Lot of power &  innovative features. Awesome  near bezeless QHD+ Dynamic Amoled screen & HDR 10+ rocks.

#54 April 7 2019

Salloum

Just out of curiosity why go for the 1TB model? Is it really worth it? The max I’ve ever used on a phone is 150GB

#55 April 7 2019

Tech Guru

Salloum wrote:

Just out of curiosity why go for the 1TB model? Is it really worth it? The max I’ve ever used on a phone is 150GB

I am "gamesholic " , "appsholic"  :) , I download videos I like from Facebook / Instagram I spot interesting. 1TB is good for 1 - 2 years , I will skip s11+ most probably

#56 April 7 2019

vlatkozelka

The real answer is his "hard earned money" can get it. So why not?

#57 April 7 2019

duke-of-bytes

My last phone was the huawei mate 10 porsche edition with 256 GB and i still hated to keep old files and such

#58 April 8 2019

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:

Marginal Propensity to Consume in such sense ,  and techically incremental trend of more and more data consumption by apps and apps updates  /  2160p 60Fps video recording /  12MP images etc..  No loss definitely to go 1TB depending on the end user usage.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 8 2019)

#59 April 8 2019

Salloum

vlatkozelka wrote:

I agree entirely, but sometimes even if you can doesn’t mean you should. I consider myself a very heavy user but even on a laptop the max I ever needed is 512GB. To each his own!

#60 April 18 2019

infiniteloop

I am interested by the S10+, call me ''bakhil'' but 930$ for a smartphone is way too much specially how much you lose once you resale, I will wait another 2 months with the arrival of the note 10 the price of the s10+ should drop to 750-800$

#61 April 18 2019

Elitism Guru

infiniteloop wrote:

I am interested by the S10+, call me ''bakhil'' but 930$ for a smartphone is way too much specially how much you lose once you resale, I will wait another 2 months with the arrival of the note 10 the price of the s10+ should drop to 750-800$

Agreed, not accounting the fact that these are mobile, moving around, waiting to be dropped and turn to a brick anytime.

#62 April 18 2019

Tech Guru

infiniteloop wrote:

All technology is obsolete - including mobiles. Nothing new  in that approach. The Note 10 is a minor upgrade on s10+ & a different line too. The real replacement of the s10+ is the next year s11+.

Now the S9+ 128GB ~ USD635 USD at Amhaz (lowest market price)  & with the release of the new S10plus.

Therefore , I don't think that when the Note 10 is released the price of the s10plus will fall dramatically.

As a fan for the Galaxy line I will go for the best iteration of what this series offers & grab it with the preorder bundle. Waiting in  technology is pain in the a.. as newer ones will be released the new now will become old , but in my purchases I enjoy what tech offers me in the present & upgrade with the next series upgrade or halt it for two upcoming generations if I find lack of innovative features.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 18 2019)

#63 April 24 2019

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:

The S10+ 128gb already 860$ at Amhaz so you won’t have to wait that long

#64 April 24 2019

Tech Guru

Salloum wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

The S10+ 128gb already 860$ at Amhaz so you won’t have to wait that long

Suspicious Sources
Suspicious Warranty
Suspicious Product Genuineness / Authenticity
Smuggling

They are getting the S10/S10+ dirty cheap ~ USD 480 - 400 USD respectively , I will keep my sources confidential. Welcome to Lebanon.

#65 April 24 2019

infiniteloop

Private Cell is selling the S10+ 855$ Mjamrak and with a ''TMC'' warranty, never heard of that company, anyone knows it?

#66 April 25 2019

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:

Private Cell is selling the S10+ 855$ Mjamrak and with a ''TMC'' warranty, never heard of that company, anyone knows it?

Never heard of it. Private Cell is reputable though, if you want to buy it just make sure he will handle the warranty procedures if you need anything through that company

#67 April 25 2019

Aly

infiniteloop wrote:

As far as i know the only two official Samsung distributors in Lebanon are CTC and Talaco.
You probably need to investigate more on TMC.

Last edited by Aly (April 25 2019)

#68 April 25 2019

infiniteloop

Perhaps TMC is Talaco Mobile company?

#69 May 7 2019

Salloum

Ceramic S10+ 512GB is now 1000$ at Phonefinity.

#70 May 8 2019

infiniteloop

S10 or s10+?
I prefer the forma factor of the s10 and price but the s10+ has the better battery :s

#71 May 11 2019

infiniteloop

There is another wakil than CTC apparently in Lebanon, it's called Arabia
They are about 70$ cheaper than CTC, as the s10+ is still expensive, if I will buy one I will take the Arabia, CTC does way too much money and they are the cause of the new awful customs law

#72 May 14 2019

Salloum

CTC is the only official distributor of Samsung in Lebanon. Yes others can offer a warranty as well but as far as “wokala” it’s only CTC.
Generally I wouldn’t worry too much about warranty. Yes sometimes something can happen but it’s so rare there really isn’t reason for concern. The only important thing is that the phone and all its functions work out of the box. Something happening after a day of usage is so very unlikely.

Board footer