LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 11 2019

Joe

10 years of LG!

I realize that today marks my 10 years of being a member here on LG! Woah time flies!

Here's what I had written in my introduction post

Hey guys,

I'm rahmu, 21, I'm still a student in a software engineering school in Paris (I got here 2 years ago).

I'm a linux fan-boy, embarked on a quest to save the world from evil corporation domination, and bring computing back to its roots. During my quest I stumbled upon the site; thought I'd join the forum.

Going back to Beirut in 2 weeks to spend the summer, can't wait but I must say Internet is going to be sloooooow.

Anyways I've looked around and this forum looks really interesting, looks I'm gonna learn much here (hope I'll be able to give some knowledge back).

It's been such a fun ride. I learned so much on this website, met amazing people, and it's insane to think there are members here who have been around for longer than me! (The forum is 15 years old!!) Lebgeeks truly is an wonderful community and has definitely left its mark on the Lebanese tech landscape.

I guess I'm opening this topic to publicly thank Samer for creating this forum, way before Facebook or "social media" was a thing. Not only did he manage to maintain it for so long, but I also think his moderation/administration style has proved to be far more effective than any other Lebanese forum to date.

Here's to 10 more years! Never change LG!

#2 April 12 2019

kareem_nasser

Re: 10 years of LG!

Oh cool! Indeed it has been a fun ride though i miss the IRL gatherings :(. I myself have been here for 9 years, can't forget those horrible posts and my limited typing capabilities back then.

#3 April 12 2019

nas93

Congrats, I'm on my eighth year. Thanks to the founder and the admins for maintaining the forums and here's to another 10 years.

Last edited by nas93 (April 12 2019)

#4 April 12 2019

Aly

Indeed time flies, I will complete my 10th year in a couple of months, damn I feel old.
So did you save the world from evil corporations domination ?

#5 April 12 2019

Joe

"If you can't beat them ... join them"

I work for a big evil corporation now. >.<

#6 April 13 2019

rolf

Still a linux fanboy 10 years later? Congratulations!
What happened to Mir, by the way, I lost trace of her, I hope she's well.

#7 April 13 2019

Johnaudi

Relatively new here, 5 years :(
It is sad (and nice?) to see that old members are the most active, perhaps LG may need some advertising or say, a word spoken about for us to start to see new faces? It's getting kinda calm...

#8 April 13 2019

NuclearVision

Wow Time goes by so quickly...

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 13 2019)

#9 April 13 2019

samer
Admin

Thanks Joe, it's great to see you and so many other members of the community sticking around here for years!

I myself have been here for 9 years, can't forget those horrible posts and my limited typing capabilities back then

I remember those!

Congrats, I'm on my eighth year. Thanks to the founder and the admins for maintaining the forums and here's to another 10 years.

Thanks for being a part of this community.

Indeed time flies, I will complete my 10th year in a couple of months, damn I feel old.

You _are_ old, Aly :-)

I met her IRL a few years ago. She's living abroad and doing well.

It is sad (and nice?) to see that old members are the most active, perhaps LG may need some advertising or say, a word spoken about for us to start to see new faces? It's getting kinda calm...

We've had a lot cycles of high to low activity over the last 14 years. Hopefully, we can convince the members who are signing up every day to stick around and contribute quality content to the forum.

#10 April 13 2019

Johnaudi

Any plans for the next meet-up?

#11 April 14 2019

kareem_nasser

samer wrote:

Thanks Joe, it's great to see you and so many other members of the community sticking around here for years!

I myself have been here for 9 years, can't forget those horrible posts and my limited typing capabilities back then

I remember those!

Thanks for being a part of this community.

You _are_ old, Aly :-)

We've had a lot cycles of high to low activity over the last 14 years. Hopefully, we can convince the members who are signing up every day to stick around and contribute quality content to the forum.

Hey Samer, Hope you are doing great! It would be really great if you do an IRL gathering. :( I remember you are working outside Lebanon so

Last edited by kareem_nasser (April 14 2019)

#12 April 14 2019

rolf

samer wrote:

Good to hear!
Thanks.

#13 April 15 2019

Johnaudi

Well someone broke Lebgeeks for a few minutes :)

#14 April 15 2019

samer
Admin

Johnaudi wrote:

Well someone broke Lebgeeks for a few minutes :)

Doing some much needed updates :-)

#15 April 16 2019

Flakk

Very close to my tenth year here! Great community indeed and so glad to have met some very interesting people and some of them have become good friends.
Now all we need is an IRL meetup.

#16 April 16 2019

Elitism Guru

Would be nice to know exact Lebgeeks site age.
Long time lurker here.

Board footer