LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 7 2019

duke-of-bytes

Re: bad service from phonefinity

nas93 wrote:

Crazy how the owner of phoneinfinity could've avoided this whole fiasco by just quite simply, replacing the $200 phone. I'd eat the cost and move on if I were you.

a simple i'm sorry instead of "شو بعملك" wouldve done it for me

#52 April 7 2019

xazbrat

duke-of-bytes wrote:
nas93 wrote:

Crazy how the owner of phoneinfinity could've avoided this whole fiasco by just quite simply, replacing the $200 phone. I'd eat the cost and move on if I were you.

a simple i'm sorry instead of "شو بعملك" wouldve done it for me

To quote Warren Buffett--"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it." 

For a $200 phone, the owner should have offered a replacement or store credit for the purchase price and probably kept you as customer (hard to get money back, so this is next best thing)--he should easily be able to sell the other phone as used/refurbished and recover much of his cost and that is the end of the crisis.  For a more expensive phone like the S10, it might be handled differently, but there shouldn't be this much of a problem over a budget phone, on BOTH sides.  Deal with it and move on--save crisis mode for an actual crisis.

And fo complete the quote "If you think about that, you'll do things differently."  Luckily for owner this is a somewhat small forum--if there were a larger audience, then the ramifications would have become more serious.

#53 April 7 2019

DNA

hold on but that is not a solution, the owner did nothing wrong except sending him to CTC, he should have taken the phone himself.
no he shouldn't eat the cost it's not USA where u can return items after opening it this is Lebanon so don't go to far on the store owner.
Mr tarek claims the phone is broken and CTC said it has nothing wrong so that's really not the owner's problem, that's a case of warranty fraud claim a phone is bad to get replacement even if its good.. if the the speaker by design is bad then you should have went to a showroom  and tested before buying a cheap phone and expecting it to be perfect.
well i will buy a 100$ phone from him now and return it tomorrow claiming the camera is grainy and has noise and he will eat the cost so he don't lose a customer like me right even if the dealership said the phone is ok. that's wrong

#54 April 7 2019

Elitism Guru

DNA wrote:

hold on but that is not a solution, the owner did nothing wrong except sending him to CTC, he should have taken the phone himself.
no he shouldn't eat the cost it's not USA where u can return items after opening it this is Lebanon so don't go to far on the store owner.
Mr tarek claims the phone is broken and CTC said it has nothing wrong so that's really not the owner's problem, that's a case of warranty fraud claim a phone is bad to get replacement even if its good.. if the the speaker by design is bad then you should have went to a showroom  and tested before buying a cheap phone and expecting it to be perfect.
well i will buy a 100$ phone from him now and return it tomorrow claiming the camera is grainy and has noise and he will eat the cost so he don't lose a customer like me right even if the dealership said the phone is ok. that's wrong

This reminds me of a recent incident, sold a laptop over Olx in new condition, complained about fan noise (speed being aggressive), its still under warranty but he refused to deal with the company saying its much easier for you to deal with it.

#55 April 7 2019

kareem_nasser

I am not shocked how this thread has deteriorated....instead of helping in solving the issue we are making it worse........it would be great if the moderators just lock this thread as it will take us nowhere.

#56 April 7 2019

Elitism Guru

kareem_nasser wrote:

I am not shocked how this thread has deteriorated....instead of helping in solving the issue we are making it worse........it would be great if the moderators just lock this thread as it will take us nowhere.

You mean this?

11. Discussions are banned

#57 April 7 2019

duke-of-bytes

kareem_nasser wrote:

Do you know what a forum is ?

#58 April 7 2019

nas93

kareem_nasser wrote:

Agreed, this is going nowhere.

#59 April 7 2019

NuclearVision

I second the guy who said that phonefinity should have dealt with ctc, if they wouldn't help just take the phone sell it used, lose 50$, you got yourself a repeat customer. Personally i would have done that.

#60 April 7 2019

Mhdskr

I appreciate everybody's input on the matter, but I'm still convinced I did nothing wrong.
Let me shed more light: see, I delivered the phone on March 19. Christina called me on Saturday, March 23 about the issue. Knowing that CTC's terms state that a hardware defect in the first 7 days of purchase entitles the customer for a replacement I asked her to take it to the service center (which is, again, only 200m away from her work place) on Monday, March 25 first thing in the morning (that's 6 days after purchase!) to guarantee a replacement. After Christina hang up, Tarek texted me on Whatsapp to affirm that he doesn't want the phone repaired, only replaced or returned. Return is not an option  (whether for money, store credit, or even an upsell) since the phone's box was opened. As @DNA mentioned earlier, this is Lebanon not USA, you can't just return a phone, so I told him he's entitled for a replacement.
2KQvCTc.jpg
Since I'm being judged by the word, my first voice message transcribes as: "l telephone bda3et l wakil, iza fi 3otol 5ilel sabe3 tiyyem byibdlouh doghre, ma bisallouh. So nhar l tanen, please khoudouh 3ashen tla772o tdallo dimn l sabe3 tiyyem w yibdloulkon yeh badel".
Now, I ask all of you who believe I did the guy wrong referring him to -the 200m away service center- immediately, would you rather I postponed him till next week to pick it up and send it myself to the service? well, guess what? that would have definitely forfeited his chance for a replacement, coz as a dealer I don't just go through the front door when I have an RMA issue, I call Aramex to schedule a pickup and I can guarantee you it won't reach CTC in less than 3 days. They would have fixed the phone then, as they seemingly already did

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Joe wrote:

So is the phone defective, or not?

CTC said the phone was not defective , but i saw opening marks on the device , i believe they changed the speaker

and I would have been crucified anyway by you guys because I didn't replace it. So thanks, but no thanks!
I did what I did (sending them there directly) for his own benefit knowing the terms of CTC's warranty. I was convinced he'll get a replacement. When he told me the authorized service center found no defect, I said what I said, and he misunderstood me and acted disrespectfully, but then he said he believes they changed the speaker (am I the only one reading a contradiction in his talk?), so is your problem that they fixed it instead of replacing it? That's their wrong doing not mine, and if you explained it as such to me I would have tried to help.
@NuclearVision, you, and others, speak of "repeat customer", well, I don't want such a customer to be "repeat". He's a spiteful slanderer and the time I spent on this issue is worth way more than the 20$ I made out of that sale. Customers have standards, and dealers have too.

#61 April 7 2019

duke-of-bytes

Mhdskr wrote:

I appreciate everybody's input on the matter, but I'm still convinced I did nothing wrong.
Let me shed more light: see, I delivered the phone on March 19. Christina called me on Saturday, March 23 about the issue. Knowing that CTC's terms state that a hardware defect in the first 7 days of purchase entitles the customer for a replacement I asked her to take it to the service center (which is, again, only 200m away from her work place) on Monday, March 25 first thing in the morning (that's 6 days after purchase!) to guarantee a replacement. After Christina hang up, Tarek texted me on Whatsapp to affirm that he doesn't want the phone repaired, only replaced or returned. Return is not an option  (whether for money, store credit, or even an upsell) since the phone's box was opened. As @DNA mentioned earlier, this is Lebanon not USA, you can't just return a phone, so I told him he's entitled for a replacement.
https://i.imgur.com/2KQvCTc.jpg
Since I'm being judged by the word, my first voice message transcribes as: "l telephone bda3et l wakil, iza fi 3otol 5ilel sabe3 tiyyem byibdlouh doghre, ma bisallouh. So nhar l tanen, please khoudouh 3ashen tla772o tdallo dimn l sabe3 tiyyem w yibdloulkon yeh badel".
Now, I ask all of you who believe I did the guy wrong referring him to -the 200m away service center- immediately, would you rather I postponed him till next week to pick it up and send it myself to the service? well, guess what? that would have definitely forfeited his chance for a replacement, coz as a dealer I don't just go through the front door when I have an RMA issue, I call Aramex to schedule a pickup and I can guarantee you it won't reach CTC in less than 3 days. They would have fixed the phone then, as they seemingly already did

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Joe wrote:

So is the phone defective, or not?

CTC said the phone was not defective , but i saw opening marks on the device , i believe they changed the speaker

and I would have been crucified anyway by you guys because I didn't replace it. So thanks, but no thanks!
I did what I did (sending them there directly) for his own benefit knowing the terms of CTC's warranty. I was convinced he'll get a replacement. When he told me the authorized service center found no defect, I said what I said, and he misunderstood me and acted disrespectfully, but then he said he believes they changed the speaker (am I the only one reading a contradiction in his talk?), so is your problem that they fixed it instead of replacing it? That's their wrong doing not mine, and if you explained it as such to me I would have tried to help.
@NuclearVision, you, and others, speak of "repeat customer", well, I don't want such a customer to be "repeat". He's a spiteful slanderer and the time I spent on this issue is worth way more than the 20$ I made out of that sale. Customers have standards, and dealers have too.

I didnt start with you yet especially that you still refuse to apologise for the shitty service..
I will give you till tomorrow before posting your voice everywhere even if i have to pay for it

You post about ctc having bad customer service has already reached mr Cherfan

Enjoy

#62 April 7 2019

Aly

duke-of-bytes wrote:

You post about ctc having bad customer service has already reached mr Cherfan

I don't see why one cant criticize CTC for having a bad service, if this really reaches Mr. Cherfan it should be a good opportunity for them to improve.

#63 April 7 2019

Joe

it would be great if the moderators just lock this thread as it will take us nowhere.

Yes, where are the mods?? How can they allow such offensive posts to proliferate on the forum???

/me ducks

#64 April 7 2019

DNA

duke of bytes your attitude is horrible you are trying to bad mouth this guy's business just because you made the wrong decision to buy the cheapest phone that's your mistake for cheaping out you are making him pay for your mistake. plus you have no right to do what you are doing as the service offered to you was good... go defame CTC not him they are the ones who refused to fix your phone if it was broken in the first place.
i really don't expect any store in this country to return a phone after several days for exchange if it wasn't DOA or something..prove it is a damaged phone and both phonefinity and ctc are wrong doing in all your posts you failed to prove anything

#65 April 8 2019

potato

chosen2k wrote:

The guy is fighting for his rights. Whether he is right or wrong the result of the case he opened with consumer protection will decide.
Your comment doesn't add anything to the conversation.

From the answers I believe we all agree that if you purchase an item from a shop. It is the shop responsibility to fix an item or take initiative in providing a solution to the problem.

Forum Rules:

5. Don't create topics to rant and complain. There are more appropriate channels for that (e.g., facebook).

We strive to be a friendly community where members post quality, thoughtful content that is useful and adds value to other people's lives. There are better-suited forums and social networks for chatting and posting memes, please direct these messages there.
---
Actually hes not fighting for his rights obviously hes ranting and complaining which is not the correct approach for his solution. If he had 5% of geekness he would google/xda his issue or at least post a video showing exactly the defective unit vs a working one and try to solve it instead of me hear me im having an issue ooooh .

#66 April 8 2019

chosen2k

You're lucky man, it looks like you never had a faulty product and got stuck in the vicious circle of "it's not my fault talk to the wakil", and then the wakil saying "it's not my fault/nothing wrong talk to the shop".

The OP's post is not a rant nor a complaint, his post is about an issue that we all had/have to deal with at one point.

Another issue I clearly see here is the 7 days return by Samsung CTC. What exactly is this, anybody care to explain?
If my phone dies at the 8th day I'm out of luck?

This is an interesting post. I want to know what happens.

#67 April 8 2019

NuclearVision

Guys why don't you get in touch and reach a mutual agreement, i'm pretty sure you both want to end this and there's definitely a solution. Just split the loss and move on.

#68 April 8 2019

sero

When the thread started, and since i am already a phonephenity customer who faced no issues with the guy, I was against duke-of-bytes

When phonephenity  replied and other members said that phonephenity  should handle CTC warranty himself, I was with duke-of-bytes

When duke-of-bytes started threatening phonephenity's business... I am lost here.

Both of you should treat this like professional people. duke-of-bytes no more threatening, Mhdskr just handle the warranty with CTC its your job man as a client is not satisfied by his purchase!

#69 April 8 2019

Draguen

Guys, i know this is a bit off topic, but am i the only one that was "scammed" when i was younger by the so called warranty "sherkeh" from resellers ?

basically you buy a phone with a supposedly official warranty, you run into an issue with the phone, you send it back to the reseller that asks his cousin or whoever to "fix" the phone, of course they do a shit job and send you back a phone with more problems that it had when it went in.

i know this is not the case here, but i'm actually happy to have to deal with the official warranty myself.

Imagine that Mhdskr had received the phone back from CTC without any service done on it, and had to explain it to the customer : " Sir, i sent the phone to the company but they said it doesn't have any issues". which in Lebanese usually translates into "i did not send the phone in, and i won't because i scammed you on the warranty".

it's a lose lose scenario for Mhdskr regardless of his actions anyway, but honestly i am more shocked by the reaction of the customer than the inaction of the reseller, people tend to forget that with a smile and good vibes you can accomplish a lot more than with a shitty mood. Noting that the shitty mood should be used only after the good vibes failed.

I'm sure that if the customer had asked Mhdskr to pass by after the CTC incident to inspect the speaker of the phone by himself, he would gladly have done so, in which case we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited by Draguen (April 8 2019)

#70 April 8 2019

kareem_nasser

Joe wrote:

it would be great if the moderators just lock this thread as it will take us nowhere.

Yes, where are the mods?? How can they allow such offensive posts to proliferate on the forum???

/me ducks

Yup....the thread still ain't taking us nowhere.

Hey Joe!

#71 April 8 2019

Joe

Hey Joe!

Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

/rock

#72 April 8 2019

xterm

Topic Closed

Don't create topics to rant and complain. There are more appropriate channels for that (e.g., facebook).

As some have noted, it is against the rules to open rant or complain topics.

Joe wrote:

/me ducks

Understaffed because of YOU! =]

Board footer