LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 3 2019

darkredbbb

Spotify Web Player blocked in Lebanon?

Hello everyone! Long time since I posted here.

With Spotify now being officially available in Lebanon, I created a new account, and so far, so good. My only issue is that whenever I try to web player on Google Chrome, I get the message "open.spotify.com refused to connect." If I turn on my VPN, the web player opens fine in my browser. Once I turn it off, the music stops, and if I click Refresh, the page is not available anymore.

Is anyone else in Lebanon having this issue?

I'll be writing to Spotify about this, but I'm just curious to see if this is intentional or not.

#2 April 3 2019

Johnaudi

Re: Spotify Web Player blocked in Lebanon?

Even though this most likely might not be the case, but looks like it ate a bit of Anghami's cake.

Note: It's working fine for me!

Last edited by Johnaudi (April 3 2019)

#3 April 3 2019

chaosn

No issue with Spotify, it is working fine through all my devices and Chrome.

#4 April 3 2019

Elitism Guru

There is some routing issue going on, same problem as well as reddit

#5 April 3 2019

xazbrat

I use spotify when I am at the gym and no problems on my end---haven't tried on platforms yet.  If you do have an issue, try changing to cloudfare's dns and see if that helps---that cured a few ills for me.

Also, are you using Ogero or some ishtirak type internet---you may have some issues with the latter.

#6 April 3 2019

Elitism Guru

Please check on desktop browsers, everything works fine on mobile, packet inspection happening around?
I remember having the same issue in another country with their unlimited plan for YouTube over 4G, tethering and opening youtube did not work even with UA modification.
My friends are also complaining the same. Github does not open on Windows Chrome, two different laptops in different houses. Opens fine in IE.

Ogero ISP here, works fine over VPS, I'm very confused right now.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (April 3 2019)

#7 April 4 2019

xazbrat

Just tried it in chrome, the windows app and android and all work.  Check your ip address---sometimes ogero gives you a 10.xx.xx.xx IP address which gives people fits.  I had it for a while too and now it's back to the 172.xx.xx.xx and don't have nearly as many problems

#8 April 4 2019

MrClass

Can you try to change your DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8?

#9 April 4 2019

Elitism Guru

xazbrat wrote:

Just tried it in chrome, the windows app and android and all work.  Check your ip address---sometimes ogero gives you a 10.xx.xx.xx IP address which gives people fits.  I had it for a while too and now it's back to the 172.xx.xx.xx and don't have nearly as many problems

This worked! thanks. (I kept reconnecting my PPPoE session untile it gave me a 172)

And yes I do have Cloudflare DNS as default and google dns secondary.

Board footer