LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 30 2019

Tech Guru

Next Gaming Monitor Choice

I am in a  delimma to chose my next gaming monitor replacing my ROG PG348Q ( Which I Sold) :

Dell Alienware AW3418DW  , 34" | 3440 × 1440 | Gsync | 120hz | IPS | 1450 USD

or

Acer Predator XB273K ,  27" | UHD (3840 x 2160) | IPS Quantum Dot | Gsync | Wide Color Gamut 90% DCI P3 coverage | HDR 400 | 144hz | 1750 USD

Note:

System To Be Used with:

i9 9900k (5Ghz on all 8 cores OC )
Maximus Z390 XI Extreme
Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm AIO
Rtx 2080ti Asus Strix O11g
Nvme 1TB 970 Evo
Samsung 2TB 860 Evo
3600mhz Rams ( 4 by 8GB) GSkill Trident Royal Series

etc..

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 30 2019)

#2 March 31 2019

VincentKeyboard

Re: Next Gaming Monitor Choice

The second one is higher pixel density and higher refresh rate. Go with that one in my opinion.

#3 March 31 2019

duke-of-bytes

Tech Guru is the only one giving life to the hardware page with his excessive ( yes excessive ) purchases

#4 April 3 2019

Tech Guru

Shift of Gears , it seems that the recently announced Asus ROG PG 349Q not tempting ( as an ex owner of the Asus ROG PG 348Q. It's a refresher only.

Still 120hz vs 100hz

Slimmer Bezels

1900R Curvature vs 3800r Curvature

More ROG themed RGB

No Vesa Display HDR certification  ( even the min Vesa 400 HDR certification) is not available

Kind of Outdated , 1 year old Alienware AW3418DW or Acer Predator X34P have 120hz / slim bezels as WQHD alternatives

The Asus ROG PG 35VQ will be the real deal

WQHD | 200hz | Vesa HDR 1000 with Full Array Local Dimming with 300+ Dimmable Zones | Gsync 2 | VA Quantum Dot

My temporary alternative(until the AsusROG  PG 35VQ is released)  will be :

BenQ EX3203R

32" Curve 1800r  | Vesa Display HDR400 Certified | 144Hz | QHD| Freesync2 (Gsync Compatible from 48hz - 144hz with LFC below 48hz | VA -  AU Optronics (AUO) panel ) | 90% Coverage of DCI P3 wide color gamut | Ultra Slim Bezel | USB-C

~ 930 USD Shipped to My Door

" BenQ EX3203R 32" 1440p 144hz FreeSync 2 Curved Gaming Monitor - Works with Nvidia "

https://youtu.be/EYcFKeiDzmM

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-EX3203R-Fre … B07DPVRZXG

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 5 2019)

#5 April 4 2019

mmk92

The i9-9900k will become obsolete for gaming soon.

I Suggest You Save Up For The 7nm Processors

#6 April 4 2019

duke-of-bytes

mmk92 wrote:

i9-9900k obsolete soon ?! damn im still gaming on a i7-4770K

#7 April 4 2019

mmk92

Yes and the word Bazel has been officially added to the Oxford English Dictionary

#8 April 4 2019

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

i9-9900k obsolete soon ?! damn im still gaming on a i7-4770K

I think he is  making a " mockery"  , I will limit my self to the forum rules & will not dive with him to personal clash here.

He can simply drop me a PM & I am more than welcome to provide him with my mobile number in case he has any personal issues.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 4 2019)

#9 April 4 2019

Tech Guru

mmk92 wrote:

Yes and the word Bazel has been officially added to the Oxford English Dictionary

"Typo" fixed no need for your "catchy all smart a..statements " , ..I  have the Lebanese citzenship at the end , and I am not native American to be super fluent in  English ; I type on the phone - no spelling correction. 

No problem for the 10nm , hard earned money are ready. 

Sunny Cove is based on the 10nm not 7nm will be 9th generation successor.

#10 April 4 2019

duke-of-bytes

Last edited by duke-of-bytes (April 4 2019)

#11 April 4 2019

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:

I will invest my hard earned money in your "english learning institutes". No problem

#12 April 5 2019

Aly

Welcome back Tech Guru, glad you took the decision to stay eventually, as mentioned before by someone on this forum, you people should challenge the idea not the individual (on a personal level), so really you should stop criticizing his English in every single post this is becoming an old trend honestly.
As for the monitor choices I am personally not into this kind of very high end monitors, my 350$ 144 Hz is doing great and cant really advise about these models and I also believe no one in this forum even tried any of these (might be wrong though) to give you a real feedback. But simply said you are lost between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini so whatever you get you wont regret it :)

#13 April 5 2019

MrElie

I do agree with Aly that both monitors are good, but I would like to correct him that he should not presume that no one tried something. I know a few members here in the forums that spends a fortune on their gaming/everyday pc equipment one of them would be me.

I searched long and hard before I bought my new monitor and I think the dilemma TechGuru is going through is well justified.

Regarding english spelling, I find it constructive being corrected since this is an english forum, therefore one should work on himself getting better. Everybody makes mistakes but I don't mind being corrected by anyone.

now back on topic, TechGuru I think the Acer Predator XB273K is the best choice to go for. Since it has everything and HDR certified and 144hz. U know my opinion i'd rather have a smaller monitor with 240hz and Gsync which is the one I bought, but in your case being someone who was playing on an ultrawide for so long i think the XB273K is the best choice.

#14 April 5 2019

Aly

MrElie wrote:

I do agree with Aly that both monitors are good, but I would like to correct him that he should not presume that no one tried something. I know a few members here in the forums that spends a fortune on their gaming/everyday pc equipment one of them would be me.

Yes mate, it was just a wild "wrong"guess :)

#15 April 5 2019

Tech Guru

MrElie wrote:

I searched long and hard before I bought my new monitor and I think the dilemma TechGuru is going through is well justified.

Regarding english spelling, I find it constructive being corrected since this is an english forum, therefore one should work on himself getting better. Everybody makes mistakes but I don't mind being corrected by anyone.

now back on topic, TechGuru I think the Acer Predator XB273K is the best choice to go for. Since it has everything and HDR certified and 144hz. U know my opinion i'd rather have a smaller monitor with 240hz and Gsync which is the one I bought, but in your case being someone who was playing on an ultrawide for so long i think the XB273K is the best choice.

Well mate , to me the Asus ROG  PG35VQ is the real upgrade with FALD 300+ dimmable zones , 200hz , Gsync 2 (Ultimate) , & Vesa Display real HDR1000 certified.

Personally I will not go 27 16:9 ( regardless of the resolution & resfresh rate) when I witnessed the immersivity that WQHD provides on 21:9 34" (Asus ROG PG 348Q. Your field of view will be covered.

2160p on 32" with HDR 1000 FALD 144hz is a very tempting upgrade for  next gen 2160p 144hz HDR monitors. Predator XB273K bazels are thick & it is  Vesa HDR 400 certified only.

Meanwhile , I ordered yesterday from Amazon  (along with Club 3D DP 1.4 Cable) , the

BenQ EX3203R

32" Curve 1800r  | Vesa Display HDR400 Certified | 144Hz | QHD| Freesync2 (Gsync Compatible from 48hz - 144hz with LFC below 48hz | VA -  AU Optronics (AUO) panel ) | 90% Coverage of DCI P3 wide color gamut | Ultra Slim Bezel | USB-Type C

As a temporary gaming monitor until the PG 35VQ is released.

#16 April 5 2019

duke-of-bytes

Check the AOC Agon AG352UCG6

#17 April 5 2019

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:

Check the AOC Agon AG352UCG6

It was  shortlisted as a temporary monitor to be replaced until the PG35VQ drops (Ambiguous ETA).  However , I found it not very tempting vs the PG 358Q I sold for the following reasons:

Even minimum Vesa Display HDR Certification (HDR 400) is required ( as HDR is gaining momentum in the gaming word).

Lack of support for wide color gamut.

144hz + what I need now.

Selling it now and wait for PG35VQ is better, Since the PG348Q price will fall incrementally.

For the AOC Agon AG352UCG6

Cons:

No ultra-low motion blur
Below-average contrast for a VA panelGood calibration requires compromise
Clunky joystick controller

Source:  TomsHardware

& I add

No Vesa Display HDR Certification ( even the minimum HDR 400)

No Wide Color Gamut or any DCI - P3 color range coverage

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 5 2019)

#18 April 5 2019

tiny fx

Every monitor mentioned here is a good choice honestly, as they should be for these types of budget.
I think the benq is a good choice, specially if u appreciate ultra wide displays.Might even tempt you to hold on to it a little longer and skip the pg35vq until newer tech is released!

#19 April 6 2019

Tech Guru

tiny fx wrote:

Every monitor mentioned here is a good choice honestly, as they should be for these types of budget.
I think the benq is a good choice, specially if u appreciate ultra wide displays.Might even tempt you to hold on to it a little longer and skip the pg35vq until newer tech is released!

MicroLed Maybe :)

Samsung actually rolled out a 75" & 219"  microled tvs @ CES 2019.

"The Tech Chap"

https://youtu.be/tkLIBCq5RZo

I think most probably microled TVs / Gaming monitors will  witness mass commercial release in 2020 along with 8K Hdmi 2.1 TVs (Samsung Q900/Q900r is already available in the market now - Qled 8k HDMI 2.1 tv & got reviewed by Rtings.com).

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsu … 0r-8k-qled

Nevertheless , the underlaying technology behind microled is awesome, millions of tiny leds constructed beside each others that  can shut off light individually. In such sense , you will have real blacks / infinite contrast like OLEDs , without the risk of image retention & burn-ins. Simultaneously , having the advantage of  peak brightness on Leds.

Deep Blacks / High Brightness with no risk of screen buring  & abesence of  screen blooming (dirty screen uniformity).

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 6 2019)

#20 May 15 2019

Tech Guru

Arrived :)

8Hrzzow.jpg

32"
1440p
AU Optronics VA Panel
VESA Display HDR 400 Certified
FreeSync 2 - Gsync Compatible [48hz -144hz]
90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut Coverage in HDR
Local Dimming
Eye-Care Technology
Benq Opt-Clarity (HDR + BI Plus)

A decent temporary monitor until the PG 35VQ arrives.

#21 May 15 2019

VincentKeyboard

Very nice. How are BenQ monitors in terms of durability these days? It's been over a decade since I used one.

#22 May 15 2019

Tech Guru

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Very nice. How are BenQ monitors in terms of durability these days? It's been over a decade since I used one.

Very Durable & calibrated out of the box. Benq uses AU Optronics panels. Same panels manufacturer for Asus ROG / Acer Predator line of gaming monitors.

Board footer