LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 30 2019

infiniteloop

sgbl app gone mad

Since the last update of SGBL app it gives me ''it seems your phone is rooted'' and just stays on a blank grey page.
I checked comments on google play and tons of people are complaining about this bug and other stuff making this app impossible to use.
They are the very first bank in Lebanon to ban rooted phones, if they don't fix this rather stupid move I will just change my bank, I won't stop rooting my phones just for a crappy app

#2 March 31 2019

Elied

Re: sgbl app gone mad

Audi has been doing this for over two years now, if not more. At first they warned you that it was rooted but would let you use the app anyways and then they moved to not letting you use the app at all. It's been standard practice for all banks worldwide, Lebanese banks have just taken a lot of time to catch on with some of them still not having up to date mobile apps.

If you're adamant on keeping your device rooted then just look into using a root cloak that will mask your phone to make it appear unrooted to specific apps. You can easily find a guide for those through google or XDA forums. Can't give you more specific info so to not break any forum rules.

#3 March 31 2019

DNA

yea it can be easily bypassed tried SGBL app it works fine

#4 March 31 2019

infiniteloop

I have magisk hide enabled, sgbl app added to the list of magisk hide, what did I forgot?
Safetynet is working
Phone is 6T OOS (stock rooted rom + Rice tweaks)

Last edited by infiniteloop (March 31 2019)

Board footer