LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 28 2019

sero

Best way to watch Game Of Thrones

Hello

I previously had econet subscription (it has HBO) that i used to use to watch GOT season 7.
After several issues with econet and bad support, i decided to stop my subscription last year.
I also had a local dish subscription which had HBO, and cancelled it due to very low quality

I tried to subscribe to HBO now but I failed due to: HBO NOW is only supported in the U.S

I hate streaming GOT from an illegal page (low quality, too much ads, no subtitles...) and i prefer not to torrent download the episodes.

Hence, what is the best (and easiest as i don't want the hassle of VPN or illegal streaming) way to watch GOT legally?

Last edited by sero (March 28 2019)

#2 March 28 2019

LifeEngineer

Re: Best way to watch Game Of Thrones

Following this as I want to know too.

#3 March 28 2019

Hybrid

Some paid MBC channel used to broadcast it. I honestly don't remember which one, Personally I just torrent it monday morning and watch it.

#4 March 28 2019

Toufic

I'm dead sure something on reddit would have an answer for this

#5 March 28 2019

xazbrat

I have HBO from Hotbird---last year iirc, if you woke up at 4am, they were playing it the same time it was playing in the US--if not, they played it the next day, so win win.  The only issue was subtitles and some voice-overs, especially when summarizing what happened in the prior episode(s) at the beginning of each episode. 

And if I have an issue, I do what hybrid does.  :)

#6 March 28 2019

beezer

You will need to VPN to stream it. You can get around the credit card thing with PayPal/Amazon but you can't stream outside the US.

#7 March 30 2019

rolf

Well not specific for GOT but for me anything I cannot find on Netflix or legally at a reasonable price, I will get the torrent through a seedbox then download it.

For example I wanted to watch this movie called Office Space. I found it on Amazon, and a few other sites, rented for like $4. I tried to pay on a couple of sites but for some reason I could not get it (country unsupported, or something wrong with my card I forgot).

Fine, I find a torrent link (easy), log into my seedbox, download the torrent, which goes ridiculously fast, then download the file to my laptop, the process was relatively fast and straightforward.

Zero guilt because I tried to get it legally and it was just a waste of time.

#8 April 4 2019

Mhdskr

using VPN is not a hassle at all. if you don't mind using a laptop to stream it then a simple plugin on google chrome will solve the issue (from there you can cast it to a tv)
If you don't want to go through a computer then get a cheap router that supports VPN passthrough (you can find ones for as low as 30$) and get ExpressVPN subscription.

#9 April 5 2019

BitofBrain

I have an OSN subscription which plays GOT among many more, may be worth looking into.

#10 April 5 2019

Mhdskr

BitofBrain wrote:

I have an OSN subscription which plays GOT among many more, may be worth looking into.

Are you sure they'll be streaming the upcoming season?

#11 April 5 2019

BitofBrain

Mhdskr wrote:
BitofBrain wrote:

Are you sure they'll be streaming the upcoming season?

100% sure, I'm watching it myself on it. You can record episodes as well, if you're worried about missing it.

#12 April 14 2019

jaqen h'ghar

I'm sure by now you guys have heard of the Anghami Game Of Thrones subscription, for only 2$/month you can stream the new season same time as U.S. (download not available) Full HD & subtitles available.

#13 April 17 2019

Hybrid

Send "GOT" to 1156 for MTC users, and subscribe to OSN WAVO for $5.18
https://www.touch.com.lb/autoforms/port … eofthrones

#14 April 18 2019

LifeEngineer

An unofficial way is using "Popcorn time"app on android.
You can download it in 720p/1080p and watch it.

Board footer