LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1251 February 14 2019

beezer

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

I got a better story. My package arrived on the 24th but it seems it's in limbo, between the airport and customs and no way to track it as no one has entered it into the system.

Yayy!

#1252 February 19 2019

abboud911

Please I have 3 orders from Ali Express held by customs since 24/1/2019 any one faced same problem ?

#1253 February 19 2019

beezer

Wait two months, it could take that long. Like I said above, mine is in limbo but I'm waiting two months before I get pissed off, lol

#1254 February 19 2019

chaosn

abboud911 wrote:

Please I have 3 orders from Ali Express held by customs since 24/1/2019 any one faced same problem ?

Did your get your items cleared from customs? I have an item bought from Indiegogo campaign, and is held by customs since 26/1/2019

#1255 February 19 2019

AVOlio

Me too.
I have an item "handed over to customs for clearance" since January 25th.

#1256 February 19 2019

new_user

I ordered a usb-c to hdmi adapter for the phone. It was handed over to customs on 2/1/2019. It cleared customs on 16/2/2019. It was just a small adapter! I guess you guys will have to wait for a while. It seems that processing items at customs is slow these days.

#1257 February 19 2019

abboud911

no my items still not cleared , but from the above post , all have same problem.
seams too much parcels in customs these days because of valentine I think

chaosn wrote:
abboud911 wrote:

Did your get your items cleared from customs? I have an item bought from Indiegogo campaign, and is held by customs since 26/1/2019

#1258 February 19 2019

NuclearVision

beezer wrote:

I got a better story. My package arrived on the 24th but it seems it's in limbo, between the airport and customs and no way to track it as no one has entered it into the system.

Yayy!

what about this?
I have something that departed china on 18/1 reached Lebanon on the 22/1 (4 days across half the world), that's one month ago, and it's not even handed to customs yet to start the complicated process of clearing, which can take up to 34 days.

#1259 February 20 2019

chaosn

Finally my package sent to Distribution Office.

#1260 February 20 2019

AVOlio

chaosn wrote:

Finally my package sent to Distribution Office.

Me too.
Sent to distribution office today.

Since January 25 till Feb 20 just to sort the packages and sent to Distribution Office.  LoL

#1261 February 20 2019

infiniteloop

I have an item that ''arrived to destination country'' 3 weeks ago but didn't appeared yet in customs

#1262 February 20 2019

NuclearVision

infiniteloop wrote:

I have an item that ''arrived to destination country'' 3 weeks ago but didn't appeared yet in customs

yea me too, i had to wait month, today it was handed to customs. So i guess one more month in customs and i have it.

#1263 February 20 2019

beezer

Same here, I call it limbo. Just sitting there waiting for some honest soul to enter it into the system. Three packages like that actually.

#1264 February 24 2019

GeekDave

I have a watch from ali express saying "Import clearance failure" and held by customs contact customs or seller should i be worried ?

#1265 February 24 2019

infiniteloop

beezer wrote:

Same here, I call it limbo. Just sitting there waiting for some honest soul to enter it into the system. Three packages like that actually.

It's out of Limbo since Friday, now with the customs and their random speed process

#1266 February 26 2019

beezer

Same here, Thursday sent to customs. There is hope yet.

#1267 March 13 2019

Sasuke

I recently made an order for a package that's a bit larger than usual, an bench power supply (slightly over 2kg), and the seller shipped it with TNT.
Any idea how much will the customs charges be on a 50$ item, will I have to pick it from the nearest libanpost branch or will they deliver it themselves.

#1268 March 13 2019

NuclearVision

Sasuke wrote:

I recently made an order for a package that's a bit larger than usual, an bench power supply (slightly over 2kg), and the seller shipped it with TNT.
Any idea how much will the customs charges be on a 50$ item, will I have to pick it from the nearest libanpost branch or will they deliver it themselves.

Not based on any particular fact, i expect you to pay at most another 50 dollars, but you never know, you could end up paying nothing! keep us updated ! good luck.

#1269 March 13 2019

nuclearcat

Clearance fees might be higher than product price, tax+vat itself. On some cheap, but heavy objects, for me - sometimes fees exceeded  price of item by 2-3 times.
But sometimes i was lucky :->
But there is nothing surprising in this. A products can be cheap only if it is delivered in bulk, in a container.
If it is bulky,cheap and i ship it by air as single item - it worth it only if i cannot find anything similar in Lebanon.

#1270 March 13 2019

beezer

Just like nuclearcat said. It's not really the customs+vat that are the issue. It's the clearance fee. Here's one for a $15 item I bought.

Customs Duty 2.65
VAT                 6.35
Overtime         1.99
Stamp              1.33
Clearance        11.61
VAT Clearance 1.28

So as you can see, clearance is where they rob you and that 6.35 VAT is complete bullshit. 11% of what on my bill equals 6.35? Customs was 2.65, 11% is a quarter! It's not the government that are thieves here but the shipping companies. I had another bill where they attempted to charge me clearance costs TWICE.

#1271 March 13 2019

NuclearVision

I agree shipping companies are charging way too much, i wonder if this is a 'locally acquired privilige' or is it the same in other countries... I also remember someone saying on the forum that if you want to clear the parcel yourself you have to pay a huge fee to acquire the right to clear your own parcel, either way it's a win-win for shipping companies, that's why i  always ask for airmail: Usps, chinapost, laposte, thailand post etc. And the majority(china excluded) are not even handed to customs, just straight from libanpost to my door. No middlethief.
edit: i must add something, sometimes seller will mark  fake shipping company for unkowns reasons TNT or DHL, while in fact it's chinapost, etc. Happened with a 4$ item i bought, seller marked TNT, to make sure, does your tracking number end with CN?

And sometimes Sellers use TNT global network to ship but you will receive your thing through normal airmail, so you get a tnt tracking number that eventually gets handed to local post office, it's a very efficient shipping mean that  U.S. sellers use.

Keep in mind that TNT shipping is premium and you have paid 50$ which is very unlikely to have included premium shipping fees so above theories might be correct.

Last edited by NuclearVision (March 13 2019)

#1272 March 13 2019

Sasuke

I found the same item at two different stores on AE, the price difference was huge between them, but the store with the lower price, had a much higher shipping cost, and both are using TNT shipping. when you compare the final price it's only a difference of a couple of dollars.
I ordered from the one with higher ratings and more orders, and the seller said they'll declare a lower value on the package.
As for the shipping number, it's a legit one, and it's expected to reach lebanon within a few days.

edit: So the package was picked up from china, march 12, and it was in transit, to dubai then Lebanon. I just received it today at my workplace, and had to pay 23$ between vat, customs duty and clearance, which isn't that bad at all for a 2 day shipping from China to Lebanon.

Last edited by Sasuke (March 14 2019)

#1273 March 15 2019

Alpha

Hello everyone ! So I am doing a motorcycle project , which is to restore a superbike ,
The thing is , I need fairings , and only aliexpress have them , these fairings are priced between 130$ and 200$, sadly I have a very limited budget , shipping would cost me 50$ but I wonder , would it be possible if I ask the seller to ship the fairings in 2 parcels through china free airmail ? Cause the package is too large for CAM , and is china airmail really free for the packages under 100$? And is it true that if I ship through them , my items wont pass by customs ? Meaning directly from the seller to me with no extra fee or robbery . Fast replies are much appreciated, thanks in advance awesome people .

#1274 March 15 2019

Alpha

Fairings package is 90x50x50 , full of 100% plastic fairings , around 13 pieces or so .

#1275 March 15 2019

HzSamer

Hello everyone

As you are shipping through Libanpost. What  " zip/postal code " should I use for my items to be delivered in Beirut?

I will receive a Payoneer card and they ask for the zip/postal code in the address, so I didn't find anything about that in Libanpost website.

Thanks in advance

Board footer