LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 22 2019

Tech Guru

The New Samsung S10 Plus

I am using now the Iphone XS  Max and when I watched early hands on reviews of the S10 Plus & comparsion with XS Max.

My iphone Literally sucks

Lack of Innovation

Selling it asap , and shifting to S10plus - Already placed my preorder.

Usually people give a prejudice or stertoype " I am A Samsung User = Apple Sucks , Ironically I am an XS Max user and it sucks compared to the new S10Plus.

Old Days are Gone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4lOAKht … e=youtu.be

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 23 2019)

#2 February 22 2019

Adnan

Re: The New Samsung S10 Plus

Save up the money and go on a trip.

#3 February 22 2019

Tech Guru

Adnan wrote:

Save up the money and go on a trip.

I think it is a good preorder bundle for the S10+  512GB for USD 1269 USD including the S4 Galaxy Watch 42/46mm ( very positive reviews)  and a Wireless Charger Duo ( They value both about 300USD).

What is nice about the Galaxy S10 / S10+ is the innovative features that Samsung injected in them (Infinity-O display, in-screen fingerprint scanner, triple rear camera and reverse wireless charging.)

There another 5G /1TB / 12GB Ram S10+  limited edition, which I suspect it will make it to the Lebanese market.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 22 2019)

#4 February 22 2019

Tech Guru

On a side note:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46748972

Apple Stock Has Been Plunging due to Sales falling from

Lack of Innovation
Highprices

1st September: 225 USD
Now:  172 USD

(172 - 225)/225 = -0.23 or - 23 % Dawnfall

BhCNMI2.jpg

#5 February 22 2019

samer
Admin

Lack of Innovation
Highprices

Yeah… not really. The top 500 US companies by market cap fell around the same time. So attributing that to a "lack of innovation" is far too simplistic. There are larger market forces at play here.
5mMY7O0.png

#6 February 22 2019

mmk92

iPhone XS Max*

That's not prejudice, that's stereotyping. Also, it's not true. Every person who buys from either companies picks based on personal preference and budget. If you have people in your life that think that unironically then you need new friends.

You can't attribute innovation to stock price, nothing is that simple. A lot of innovative companies go bankrupt every day.

#7 February 22 2019

Johnaudi

My XS Max is doing just fine, don't know why you'd want to switch over Android for such a reason.

@samer that is true but do remember that Apple is a fair share in the S&P's divisor, hence S&P would probably drop if Apple had dropped.

But I can also agree that not only Apple dropped but apparently MSFT and many others - investors seem to be panic selling at this stage.
As a consumer (or a sheep as some would like to call), the only thing that keeps me from buying an Android would be their smooth iOS, very simple and straightforward, doubt I'd be changing any time soon.

#8 February 22 2019

bobo619

Just pre ordered the S10+ 512gb ceramic black. I of course didn't make my decisions based on stock values but i am an android user and the s10 is currently the best android phone to date debatable with the mate 20 pro. I personally find the new design truly innovative compared to competitors. I just hoped that we would receive the snapdragon variant of the phone. As for the iphone XS it is still a good phone but i can't imagine myself using ios as i am very dependant on the android eco system. The pre order value is more like 430$ (galaxy watch 340$- charger duo 90$) and is the best bundle i've seen so far other countries like france only bundle the new earbuds that sells for 130$. Phonephinity is selling the S10 but deducting the bundle for around 200$ cheaper i guess to make more money selling the accesories separatly don't fall for that if you are pre ordering.

Last edited by bobo619 (February 22 2019)

#9 February 23 2019

Elied

I really don't understand what people are finding so "innovative" in these new Samsung phones. They're great don't get me wrong but it would be very biased to say Apple is not innovating while Samsung is
The phone literally does not have a single feature that it introduced first. In-screen fingerprint, triple cameras, reverse wireless charging, punch hole notch(yes it's still a notch that they moved to the side) have all been in phones for over a year now. Youtube tech "influencers" have come out in full force calling this phone groundbreaking when it obviously isn't, makes you wonder wether if Samsung's greasing them up or not.
Again, not saying the phone is bad, but at this point both iphones and galaxy phones are just mildly better iterations of their 3 year old selves

#10 February 23 2019

potato

Mwc 2019 is around the corner. I have been a samsung consumer since the s2. However i am waiting for this event aince there is going to be greater devices that im interested to check like the upcoming sony xz4 or called xperia 1.

#11 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:

Just pre ordered the S10+ 512gb ceramic black. I of course didn't make my decisions based on stock values but i am an android user and the s10 is currently the best android phone to date debatable with the mate 20 pro. I personally find the new design truly innovative compared to competitors. I just hoped that we would receive the snapdragon variant of the phone. As for the iphone XS it is still a good phone but i can't imagine myself using ios as i am very dependant on the android eco system. The pre order value is more like 430$ (galaxy watch 340$- charger duo 90$) and is the best bundle i've seen so far other countries like france only bundle the new earbuds that sells for 130$. Phonephinity is selling the S10 but deducting the bundle for around 200$ cheaper i guess to make more money selling the accesories separatly don't fall for that if you are pre ordering.

Congrats Mate!

By the way from where will you get the accessories like a full sceen protector & flip cover. They are crucial to have due to the high screen to body ratio. Till now , I did not spot CTC or their official distributors (like  Khoury / Tahan) selling them. They might be available upon release on March 15th.

I am spotting some nice things on Amazon /Newegg.

#12 February 23 2019

Hybrid

Both apple and samsung suck, I'd rather buy the mi9 or the mate 20 pro

#13 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

Hybrid wrote:

Both apple and samsung suck, I'd rather buy the mi9 or the mate 20 pro

Reasons Mate.

#14 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

Despite the market dynamics and how it affects big companies stocks falling , let me put it in this prespective:

First, we can't  hide that declining sales at Apple is an encouraging factor for the company  to move away from its classical innovation cycle, and considering Samsung's launch of its folding phone may create a new market niche form its unique design which adds further pressure on Apple.

Second,  both Samsung and LG provide Apple with the OLED screens that the recent  premium Iphone models use. Apple's retina screen   ,  at least to me, on Iphones is awesome. Apple decided to shift to Oled ,  which relatively costs less manufacturing headover compared to Retina screens. However , still Apple targeting themselves as " premium devices"  with high retail prices.

#15 February 23 2019

Kareem

Elied wrote:

I really don't understand what people are finding so "innovative" in these new Samsung phones. They're great don't get me wrong but it would be very biased to say Apple is not innovating while Samsung is
The phone literally does not have a single feature that it introduced first. In-screen fingerprint, triple cameras, reverse wireless charging, punch hole notch(yes it's still a notch that they moved to the side) have all been in phones for over a year now. Youtube tech "influencers" have come out in full force calling this phone groundbreaking when it obviously isn't, makes you wonder wether if Samsung's greasing them up or not.
Again, not saying the phone is bad, but at this point both iphones and galaxy phones are just mildly better iterations of their 3 year old selves

That's why I'm a Sony supporter... Their mobile phones are very underrated probably due to marketing whatsoever.

They don't follow the trend and the marketing gimmicks. They were the first to introduce IP64 phones, stamina battery mode, trackID ( replaced by Shazam now), Bravia engine, 960fps slow motion, 4k displays and the list is endless. XZ4 is going to be announced next week. the only phone with a 21:9 display ratio.

Samsung and Huawei were caught many times cheating  so that  they can promote their phones. I don't support such companies.

Last edited by Kareem (February 23 2019)

#16 February 23 2019

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:
Elied wrote:

That's why I'm a Sony supporter... Their mobile phones are very underrated probably due to marketing whatsoever.

They don't follow the trend and the marketing gimmicks. They were the first to introduce IP64 phones, stamina battery mode, trackID ( replaced by Shazam now), Bravia engine, 960fps slow motion, 4k displays and the list is endless. XZ4 is going to be announced next week. the only phone with a 21:9 display ratio.

Samsung and Huawei were caught many times cheating  so that  they can promote their phones. I don't support such companies.

Oukitel came out with a phone with a 21:9 ratio last year.  Of course, being a 2018 phone, it looked like an iphone complete with big ugly notch.  The biggest issue with Sony IMO, is that they don't know how to put together a decent looking phone.  They have great components from in house like the cameras, lenses, speakers and their displays (not sure about this one), but their design team is nowhere to be found, and as a result, their phones end up looking like they belong in a museum. 

As for Samsung, it is a step up from their last two years, especially the software, but I still believe it is a transition year where eventually the front cameras will be behind the display without a hole punch or notch to be seen.  Last year, was the year of the notch, this year the hole punch, and hopefully in the next couple of years, we see neither.

#17 February 23 2019

Kareem

xazbrat wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Elied wrote:

Oukitel came out with a phone with a 21:9 ratio last year.  Of course, being a 2018 phone, it looked like an iphone complete with big ugly notch.  The biggest issue with Sony IMO, is that they don't know how to put together a decent looking phone.  They have great components from in house like the cameras, lenses, speakers and their displays (not sure about this one), but their design team is nowhere to be found, and as a result, their phones end up looking like they belong in a museum. 

As for Samsung, it is a step up from their last two years, especially the software, but I still believe it is a transition year where eventually the front cameras will be behind the display without a hole punch or notch to be seen.  Last year, was the year of the notch, this year the hole punch, and hopefully in the next couple of years, we see neither.

IMO Sony design is very classy ( Z5 Premium /  XZ Premium ) I used to get positive comments about how nice my phone looks.

People nagged about the bezels but I can't stand a bezel-less phone, you simply can't hold it in landscape mode without accidentally touching something on the screen, not even in portrait. Not to forget that it's used as a PS4 controller, so that's something else.

Also Sony know how things work.They clearly stated that there's nothing called 18-18.5:9 ratio.for cinematic contents. The new ratio is going 21:9 vs 16:9.

I'm not fan of tall phones tho...  I'd rather have a 1:1 aspect ratio like the BB passport but then... it's just me.

#18 February 23 2019

bobo619

Tech Guru wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

Congrats Mate!

By the way from where will you get the accessories like a full sceen protector & flip cover. They are crucial to have due to the high screen to body ratio. Till now , I did not spot CTC or their official distributors (like  Khoury / Tahan) selling them. They might be available upon release on March 15th.

Thank you mate!

As for the accesories i always go with spigen they ship worldwide. They may be an expansive option but trust they are worth every penny. As i understand the S10 comes with a silicon transparent case and a screen protector inside the box. I am surely getting higher tiers one once i decide to use it as my daily driver and spigen offers a screen protector too unfortunately it is not glass thus it is still susceptible to breaking but then using glass protectors on a curved screen is never a good thing especially with a case because it will peel almost instantly and you loose screen responsivness. Samsung also revealed an official LED case for the S10 check it out: https://youtu.be/S2cuQYqhv6Y.

As for spigen : https://www.spigen.com gor for the Slim Armor as i find it to have a good balance between keeping the slim profile of the one and giving it good protection with also a built in kickstand(note that custom fees apply) also when buying a screen protector make sure it is compatible with the new ultra sonic fingerprint sensor

Last edited by bobo619 (February 23 2019)

#19 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

Congrats Mate!

Thank you mate!

As for the accesories i always go with spigen they ship worldwide. They may be an expansive option but trust they are worth every penny. As i understand the S10 comes with a silicon transparent case and a screen protector inside the box. I am surely getting higher tiers one once i decide to use it as my daily driver and spigen offers a screen protector too unfortunately it is not glass thus it is still susceptible to breaking but then using glass protectors on a curved screen is never a good thing especially with a case because it will peel almost instantly and you loose screen responsivness. Samsung also revealed an official LED case for the S10 check it out: https://youtu.be/S2cuQYqhv6Y.

As for spigen : https://www.spigen.com gor for the Slim Armor as i find it to have a good balance between keeping the slim profile of the one and giving it good protection with also a built in kickstand(note that custom fees apply) also when buying a screen protector make sure it is compatible with the new ultra sonic fingerprint sensor

Kindly keep up updated mate of your choices:

Screen Protection Choice ( Covers the Edges & compatible with the ultra sonic fingerprint sensor)

Cover Choice

#20 February 23 2019

vlatkozelka

samer wrote:

Lack of Innovation
Highprices

Yeah… not really. The top 500 US companies by market cap fell around the same time. So attributing that to a "lack of innovation" is far too simplistic. There are larger market forces at play here.
https://i.imgur.com/5mMY7O0.png

I don't understand your argument honestly.

What's stock prices have to do with the actual product? Yes there is a correlation of course, but it's hardly the only factor.

USA consumers will always buy Apple products no matter what you do. Canada's are more keen on using Android for example.
It takes a lot more than just a good product to change a "culture".

Funny example, we received an email at work a few days ago, from someone who took some photos of an event that happened there. And they had to mention in the email that they were taken* by "the amazing Iphone Xs**". It was even more relevant to them than the pictures themselves. It shows how much people are attached to a brand, and like to brag about it.

* It wasn't the automatic message the iphone insert's "shot by iPhone". They wrote the line themselves.
**I have no idea what these phones are called anymore, please don't be picky.

#21 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:
samer wrote:

Lack of Innovation
Highprices

https://i.imgur.com/5mMY7O0.png

I don't understand your argument honestly.

What's stock prices have to do with the actual product? Yes there is a correlation of course, but it's hardly the only factor.

USA consumers will always buy Apple products no matter what you do. Canada's are more keen on using Android for example.
It takes a lot more than just a good product to change a "culture".

Funny example, we received an email at work a few days ago, from someone who took some photos of an event that happened there. And they had to mention in the email that they were taken* by "the amazing Iphone Xs**". It was even more relevant to them than the pictures themselves. It shows how much people are attached to a brand, and like to brag about it.

* It wasn't the automatic message the iphone insert's "shot by iPhone". They wrote the line themselves.
**I have no idea what these phones are called anymore, please don't be picky.

The smartphones frenzy has been going on for a decade already , this is not going to continue for another decade. In fact , the Chinese & Korean made smartphones are equipped with more advance technologies. Apple's revenue will continue to decline.  Apple price increase to cover lower unit sales is shortsighted and inadvertently causes in a spiral to the bottom when to competitors are chruncing out great usable laptops and smartphones at a fraction of Apple's pricing. In stock downfall vs Apple Position correlation is due to falling of Apple products sales figures. Investors are starting  to show reluctancy to  invest with an ambiguous strategy that strenghthen  Apple position in the future increasing the risk of further downfall & weak investors returns.

#22 February 23 2019

bobo619

I just made my purchase for: https://www.spigen.com/collections/gala … eo-flex-hd

Compatible with the ultra sonic, edge to edge and most importantly case friendly which means when you put the case on the film will not peel off. Note that this is not glass and the screen is still unprotected from fall so be careful and enjoy.

#23 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:

I just made my purchase for: https://www.spigen.com/collections/gala … eo-flex-hd

Compatible with the ultra sonic, edge to edge and most importantly case friendly which means when you put the case on the film will not peel off. Note that this is not glass and the screen is still unprotected from fall so be careful and enjoy.

Do you order any cover prorection mate ?

#24 February 23 2019

Tech Guru

@Bobo619

I will order those

CwSIppk.jpg

Thank You for the hints.

#25 February 23 2019

bobo619

Tech Guru wrote:

@Bobo619

I will order those

http://i.imgur.com/CwSIppk.jpg

Thank You for the hints.

Gratz man good choice going for spigen, been with them for more than 5 years. Please remember that custom fees do apply. I paid around 30$ last time for a 100$ order(25$ customs + clearance fees)

Board footer