LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 19 2019

Tech Guru

Upcoming System Upgrade

#Ready to Go

Upgrades List Finished - 98 % of Items Did not find here

Used:

Amazon
NewEgg

Case Re- Custom Modding Coming

Peripherals:

Anne Pro 2 -White  + Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless - White , Coming End of the Month.

YRu5A8D.jpg
HVva6Oj.jpg
aXfkMse.jpg
KlEn9wl.jpg
wylvvWy.jpg
nx3gFp6.jpg
1j3tl61.jpg
FFEn6N4.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 19 2019)

#2 February 19 2019

Elitism Guru

Re: Upcoming System Upgrade

Nice boxes!

#3 February 19 2019

Aly

Very nice, congratz, will see how the final build goes :)
Those royal RAM though :O

#4 February 19 2019

mmk92

About time you updated your aging rig! Mabrook

#5 February 20 2019

ManOwaRR

Gratz , 

been running the  i9  9900k + 2080ti   combo for little less than 3 months now ,  i guess welcome to the party  :)

on a side note double check for me if your i9 9900k can do 5.3-5.4k   ,     i only managed to get it to 5.2 with a good voltage that is , 5.3  is doable but i don't like the heat during stress test or gaming .

Last edited by ManOwaRR (February 20 2019)

#6 February 21 2019

bobo619

Can you please make a list for the prices you paid for (including customs, shipping...) as i am planning to import the same parts abroad looking at B&H as they have direct shipping to Lebanon without going through a forwarder and new egg mostly. Thank you

#7 February 21 2019

ManOwaRR

@bobo619 buy them from here they would cost the same and u will get warranty     

i have MEG Z390 ACE , MSI GAMING TRIO X 2080 TI And I9 9900K  and bought them almost 3 months ago ,  no need to ship  them from the outside .  unless u would save some money , which i honestly doubt .

#8 February 22 2019

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

@bobo619 buy them from here they would cost the same and u will get warranty     

i have MEG Z390 ACE , MSI GAMING TRIO X 2080 TI And I9 9900K  and bought them almost 3 months ago ,  no need to ship  them from the outside .  unless u would save some money , which i honestly doubt .

He can do so mate , but here is the catch in my case :

No Trident Z Royal Rams here even the old RGB ones (Mojitech for example need to order them from outside)

Corsair Peripheral are rare to find here too

I was looking for an Asus ROG theme - Neither the  Rtx 2080ti O11G Strix  (Samsung Vrams or any variant here) nor the Maximus Extreme XI  are available here  ,  which I liked to have from the beginning.

The MSI Trio in specific has micron VRAM which kind of risky to me from the artifiacting / space invaders sudden issue that the RTX line has been facing facing Batches after November 2019 began with Sansung VRAM batches.  Four of my friends issued an RMA ( 2 MSI trio & One Zotac Amp & One Gigabyte Gaming OC). Ironically , they issued an RMA and the units they received back were Micron too. Frankly , to me having Micron on a plus 1300 USD card is kind of ticking bomb after what I have witnessed.

The AIO H115i Plantinum did not find here , even here they do not have the H115i Pro.

Samsung 970 Evo is not available here , and I got the 860 EVO 2TB cheaper than here.

For the i9 9900k I got as soon as it was released + Free Game ~ 600 USD shipped to here.

Anne Pro 2 , SteelSeries Arctis Pro  Wireless , and Corsair HS70 did not find any here. I spotted a shop selling the Arctis Pro  Wireless  & HS70,  but its "open box" kind of stuff. I like brand new items + was looking for white variant.

To conclude , I found to many difficulties in finding the items I wanted through the local market channels.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 22 2019)

#9 February 22 2019

bobo619

I am facing the exact same problems. Micron Vram is not an option for me, ram availability here is limited where majority of them are running on 3200mhz and i am looking at 3600+. I have considered at some point to go for the MSI Z390 Godlike (available in mojitech) over the Maximus extreme because the maximus had some controversy over lack of phases. In the end i decided to go for an Asus/Rog ecosystem to ensure maximum compatibility even though it may have 0 benefits in doing so. I am also considering their new AIO Ryujin and their PSU Thor.

Please TechGuru can you please send a GPU-Z screenshot of your Strix RTX 2080ti to see which Vram it is running as early ones came with microns.

#10 February 22 2019

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:

I am facing the exact same problems. Micron Vram is not an option for me, ram availability here is limited where majority of them are running on 3200mhz and i am looking at 3600+. I have considered at some point to go for the MSI Z390 Godlike (available in mojitech) over the Maximus extreme because the maximus had some controversy over lack of phases. In the end i decided to go for an Asus/Rog ecosystem to ensure maximum compatibility even though it may have 0 benefits in doing so. I am also considering their new AIO Ryujin and their PSU Thor.

Please TechGuru can you please send a GPU-Z screenshot of your Strix RTX 2080ti to see which Vram it is running as early ones came with microns.

Here is a hint mate about the Maximus Extreme XI choice

Asus ROG Z390 Extreme XI with 10 ×  IR3555 60A per stage , on the other hand , 8 × SiC639 50A PowerStage on the Formula , Code , & Hero XI. Hardware Unbox showed  half of the cup only ,  the design and quality of VRMs plays a major role. Beefy 4 Phases with doublers vs 8 -10  phases with low quality.

Overclockers.net did a very comprehensive tier list of z390 mother boards of different brands with their Amp VRM Specifications and power stages

Mm9hUMd.jpg

oNWeVRa.jpg

As you can see the Maximus Extreme XI is tier 1 motherboard like the MSI GoldLike , no controversy of the lack of phases at all.

For the

ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING

2rh9b05.jpg

zBH9yxX.jpg

#11 May 24 2019

bobo619

What did you manage to OC the 9900k on all cores? Can you show thermals during Cinebench

Board footer