LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 16 2019

hGhazel

Help getting a new projector

I've been thinking about getting a projector for a while now and am pretty frustrated with the options we got here and their prices! pcandparts was where I looked for the most part and have chosen the "Epson EB-X05 3300" (~440$; XGA) as the most reasonable one.
I'm planning on watching movies and gaming (PC) on it.
What do you guys think? I have never owned one and watching videos about it or reading specs doesn't seem to be doing the trick!
So any experience you have (specially regarding gaming) with projectors is welcome.

#2 February 18 2019

xazbrat

Re: Help getting a new projector

I see a couple of problems right off of the bat with your choice:  The description on PCandParts says "No Gaming" and the display is going to be 4:3 which is neither ideal for gaming or watching movies.  The No Gaming portion probably indicates a lag of some sort.but the picture is going to be an issue.  I don't know what you are going to find here because I have never looked, but you probably want something like this.  The problem will be either finding it here or shipping it here.  You may have to order it from abroad to get what you want at a reasonable price.

#3 February 18 2019

Beej

I was in the same boat, i think this is the thread:
https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17768

Summary: You will not find a proper projector here in Lebanon. I ended up buying the Optoma gt1080 from souq Ksa.
I have seen the Benq HT1085ST and the Benq W1210ST in action. All 3 have proper input lag, i couldn't find the difference between my monitor and them. Benq has image shift, you can place it on the sides of your room and still get a picture in the middle, optoma does not.

Hope this helps, and they all will cost you somewhere between 700-900$. All models above have native 1920x1080 resolution.

#4 February 18 2019

AVOlio

Buying a decent projector is the best thing I ever did.
I was planning to get me an OLED TV, but when the bank rejected my loan request (good that they did) I went ahead and bought myself a 4K projector.

I now have the Optoma UHD60.
It's simply breathtaking.
It's not native 4k, it's a bit lower than 4k, but it up scales the images to 4k, and you wouldn't even notice any difference.

I bought it from a guy who got it from outside.
You wouldn't find anything here, anything good that is.
And even the not good ones that you find, they're overpriced.

Your only option is to find someone with a good projector who will sell it, or ship it on your own from outside.

Good luck.

#5 February 19 2019

hGhazel

I must admit i hadn't noticed the "No Gaming" spec! Thx for pointing it out!
It seems i'll try finding a relative to order it from abroad.
And thank you for the ideas and advices guys.

Board footer