LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 10 2019

Isa Al

Which one of these laptops is better?

Hello

I am confused between these 2 laptops so if you can help me choose which one is better.

MSI GF63-8RD

Intel core i7 8750H+HM370
16gb ram ddr4
1TB+256gb SSD
15.6" FHD 60HZ IPS 45% Narrow bezel
nvidia gtx 1050TI 4gb
windows 10

or FX504GE

intel core i7 8750H
16gb ram
1TB+128GB SSD
15FHD Display
Nvidia GTX 1050TI
windows 10

I see that they are pretty much close and almost the same price. But the MSI is Intel core i7 8750H+HM370 where I am not sure what do they mean by the HM370.

So which one do you think is better? in terms of performance and brand name in general. Everyone advised me to avoid HP, so I hope these options are better than HP.

#2 February 10 2019

Elitism Guru

Re: Which one of these laptops is better?

The asus* has a low quality TN display, msi has noisy fans at idle, choose your poison. For me, I would go with the hp mainly due to annoying idle fan if you are using the laptop for work/browsing aswell. Gaming, msi all the way.

Last edited by Elitism Guru (February 10 2019)

#3 February 10 2019

Isa Al

Elitism Guru wrote:

The hp has a low quality TN display, msi has noisy fans at idle, choose your poison. For me, I would go with the hp mainly due to the annoying idle fan if you are using the laptop for work/browsing aswell. Gaming, msi all the way.

I will be using a monitor anyways. So I guess the display isn't that important. I am using an HP laptop now and it keeps on heating up and the fans running most of the time so.

But if I have to choose one of the laptops I mentioned above, which one do you think is better?

#4 February 10 2019

Elitism Guru

Isa Al wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

The hp has a low quality TN display, msi has noisy fans at idle, choose your poison. For me, I would go with the hp mainly due to the annoying idle fan if you are using the laptop for work/browsing aswell. Gaming, msi all the way.

I will be using a monitor anyways. So I guess the display isn't that important. I am using an HP laptop now and it keeps on heating up and the fans running most of the time so.

But if I have to choose one of the laptops I mentioned above, which one do you think is better?

Visiting msi forums, the msi has more intermittent issues that varies between owners. Also, I overlooked the fact that the display on asus is 120hz.
msi tends to be cheaply built on even the highest end config/models unlike Asus. (Fan grinds on the GS65 if WASD buttons are pressed a bit hard)

Last edited by Elitism Guru (February 10 2019)

Board footer