LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 24 2019

joe2k17

10 years old parking ticket

Hello Community,

My father has just been contacted from the police station , that we have a 10 year old car parking ticket to pay and this is a court decision.

Only my mother has car at that time but she already sold her car and  she also already passed away many years ago.

Does it look like a scam , or should I simply go and pay the ticket or is there any correct place to refer to ?

Any advice would be appreciate ?

Thanks.

#2 January 24 2019

beezer

Re: 10 years old parking ticket

No help from me but I ended up paying for a parking ticket from a few years ago for the person who owned the car plate before me (it was inkad license plate). It was complete bullshit.

There was no one who was willing to help in the naf3a.

Maybe if you're in Beirut it will be easier to deal with. Get the ticket facts and see if it makes sense or not. If it was your mothers car and the car is gone then I doubt you are liable, it was never in your name and you don't want to use the number again.

#3 January 25 2019

chosen2k

If the ticket is in your father name and all the facts check then it not a scam, it is a court order and the best move is to pay the ticket. You can also ask the judge to lower the fee of the ticket since you are an upstanding citizen and you never knew about the ticket and all other tickets are paid bla bla bla
Note: If your father goes for example to renew his passport he will be arrested.

#4 January 25 2019

joe2k17

As it seems the ticket was fined in 2010 , and it is in my sister name.
there is 2 possibilities here as I was told:
1)If the car was still in her name at that time she has 10 days to go personally to the court : Kasr Al 3adl / Ma7kamit al Sayr and pay there.
she can also pay in LibanPost but she has to bring back the receipt to the police station which they will send it back to the court .

2)The car was not in her name because it was already sold through "Wikalet bay3" or "Bay3 w Chera" and she want to object about it.
she has  to go to the "Katib al 3adl" where the selling papers were made, bring a copy as a proof to the court and object in the court.

#5 January 25 2019

beezer

I think that the wikalet bay3 is only good for one year, within that one year the other person has to register the car in their name. I've heard about a lot of problems happening because of that, involving accidents and robberies. I hope the ticket was within that one year, good luck. Keep us updated.

#6 February 1 2019

nuclearcat

You want to say in Lebanon there is no statute of limitations?

#7 February 1 2019

rolf

Good question nuclearcat.

Board footer