LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 27 2019

beezer

TP-Link VR600 Load Balancing / Fail Over

So I'm thinking of getting a new modem/router. I currently have an ASUS DSL N-66 and it seems that I need something more powerful as I'm getting some connection slowdown on the LAN. Also, the wireless distance could be better.
https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN66U/

I currently use the DSL and WAN (local WiFi) and I have the DSL as a failover because the WiFi sometimes goes down for a bit. I'm looking for a new modem/router and found this.

TP-Link VR600
https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/det … VR600.html

However I can't find any indication if it can do load balancing or failover with the WAN/DSL lines. Anyone own one and can help look through their settings for me, or can guide me in another direction? We will be getting VDSL in 3rd quarter of this year (supposedly) so will need to do that Fail Over/Load Balancing until then at least and have a modem that will be able to connect to that.

#2 January 27 2019

Aly

Re: TP-Link VR600 Load Balancing / Fail Over

The VR600 is a residential grade 100 bucks adsl / vdsl modem router, it will defiently not support load balancing.
You will need to invest in a seperate load balancing router and the price tag is on the expensive side.

#3 January 27 2019

beezer

Not really as my current ASUS modem does load balancing or fail over. And I've read that the VR600 does the same but on the 3G USB connection.

#4 January 27 2019

Toufic

Asus

Got one a year ago and no issues what so ever.
Interface is quiet nice.
Plus i read numerous posts here that people had issues with TP-Link routers.

However try getting a newer / future-proof series than the N-66

#5 January 27 2019

beezer

Which one did you get? Did you get it from here?

#6 January 27 2019

Toufic

beezer wrote:

Which one did you get? Did you get it from here?

I got the ac52U

And no not from Lebanon. Ask anyone coming from abroad to get you one (Dubai, UAE, Turkey etc.)
They are quiet available abroad and they're one of the most reliable router/modems.

#7 January 29 2019

elserge82

Go for the hot deal asus ac87u price taged 133 $.( PS: No AIMESH)
For load balancing 3 lines, I am currently using Tplink TL-R470T+  with ASUS rt-ac68u behind.

#8 January 30 2019

beezer

Looks like I'll stick with the ASUS brand but I can only find the AC68U DSL modem here. Looked for the AC88U but no luck, any help would be appreciated.

I'd like to stick with one device to handle DSL&WiFi WAN.

Board footer