LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 December 13 2018

Aly

Re: Upgrading to i9 9900K

Nice choice, will see your final build then :)

#52 December 13 2018

AVOlio

Tech Guru wrote:
Aly wrote:

Congratz, what motherboard did you get eventually (or planning to get) ? Because the Lebanese market dont have enough choices of Z390 chipset based boards at the moment.

I ordered the Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

Fully Fledged

Looks
10 Phases ( 10 X IR3555) Vram , 60 A per Stage
Additional M2 Extension
Oled Display

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-M … I-EXTREME/

Beware of the OLED burn in bro.

#53 December 14 2018

Tech Guru

AVOlio wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
Aly wrote:

Congratz, what motherboard did you get eventually (or planning to get) ? Because the Lebanese market dont have enough choices of Z390 chipset based boards at the moment.

I ordered the Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

Fully Fledged

Looks
10 Phases ( 10 X IR3555) Vram , 60 A per Stage
Additional M2 Extension
Oled Display

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-M … I-EXTREME/

Beware of the OLED burn in bro.

Yep too sad.

Offtopic:

My S9 now has a keyboard-caps burn-in lol. This technology is top in colors reproductions / real blacks / infinite contrast but all wipe out by being very  susceptible to image retentions / burn-in in Oled TVs / Amoled phone screens in Samsung and Apple (From the Iphone X & On) and now maybe in high end z390 motherboards lol implementing an OLED dashboard  like the Asus Maximus Extreme XI , Asus Formula XI  , MSI GodLike and ROG AIOs ( RYUO 240 RGB & Ryujin 360 RGB)  having an Oled Panel - the implementation is indeed awesome.  Micro-Led is the near future.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 14 2018)

#54 December 14 2018

Tech Guru

Aly wrote:

Nice choice, will see your final build then :)

Sure , Bought all items from outside due to lack of availability here and/or ambiguous ETA @ local big  distributors / retailers  ( PC&Parts , Macrotronics , Mojitech , Microcity , GCS etc..) too sad.

Utilized

UK Connections
NewEgg USA Store
UAE Souq.com

#55 January 24 2019

ManOwaRR

@Tech Guru , how good your i9 9900k overclocked and what are you using as a cooler to cool that beast ,   i  got it to 5ghz  stable     under gaming load temp between 55-72c  ,  while under stress test 92c    , quiet unhappy  with  my cooling  , i'am trying to find a good cooler , if you have any let me know , i think my batch can overclock as high as 5.2   with a good cooler

Board footer