LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 22 2019

Georges01

Discord stuck on connecting on touch 4g

Discord used to work fine on 4g, but its been 2 or 3 days i cannot connect to the mobile app, the pc app, or the browser server. It works fine when im connected to the wifi. Any idea on how to fix it?

#2 January 22 2019

dio

Re: Discord stuck on connecting on touch 4g

I just tried it on my 4G (Alfa) line, works fine. Did you try using your 4G on a different computer just to isolate whether it's your device or specific to Touch?

#3 January 22 2019

Georges01

i didn't try it on another pc, but i tried the phone app which was also stuck on connecting, so it shouldn't be a device related issue.

#4 January 22 2019

Truepeace

It's the same problem I have with Steam on wifi but Discord works, my friend has the same problem with Steam and Discord on Touch 4G

#5 January 22 2019

beezer

Slightly related. I sometimes can't connect to thingiverse on WiFi but I can on 3G.

#6 January 23 2019

Georges01

After talking to discord support, and running a diagnostic, it seems that the problem is from the network DNS, and changing it should fix the problem. But according to the link they sent me, and to further research on google, the DNS cannot be changed manually for the mobile internet, it is fixed by the ISP.
I talked to touch and they have no idea what DNS is.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

#7 January 23 2019

Truepeace

DNS can be changed from your router or from the network settings of windows, I set mine to OpenDNS but it didn't fix my Steam VOIP issue.

Last edited by Truepeace (January 23 2019)

#8 January 23 2019

potato

Yes they know what dns is however they dont want to support your case. I advise you either two things: switch to alfa since its more reliable for gaming and better support or if you have a rooted android just use these commands to change to google dns

#!/system/bin/sh

iptables -t nat -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination 8.8.8.8:53

iptables -t nat -I OUTPUT -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination 8.8.8.8:53

Last edited by potato (January 23 2019)

Board footer