LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 3 2019

Danny

Looking for led strips for TV

Hey folks, just finished disassembling my TV (Samsung 50” Smart LED) , i tested the led strips individually and most of them didn’t light up.
Each row on the 50 inch has 2 strips that clip on together , the first strip has 9 led lamps and the second has 7.
Any idea who sells them here in Beirut or anywhere else , can’t wait for AliExpress.

Last edited by Danny (January 3 2019)

#2 January 4 2019

xazbrat

Re: Looking for led strips for TV

Just go to local TV repair shop.  Mine burnt out on my TV and got them fixed/replaced for less than $50.  It is a more common problem than we are led to believe.

As long as the board isn't burnt out, it should be done on the same day within a few hours at most.

#3 January 13 2019

Danny

Re: Looking for led strips for TV

Thank you xazbrat , I actually fixed it myself , half a dozen led bulbs (diodes) were shorted , i got the led bulbs off my friend’s broken tv and soldered them . I think the bulbs are really cheap if anyone wants to buy them , i guess u can get a dozen for a couple of dollars .Soldering them is a bit tricky , you have to fashion a plate on tou soldering iron .
If anyone likes to fix his own stuff there’s a great channel on youtube called shopjimmy , they have guides and an online tv parts shop but unfortunately we can’t get shipments from the US so we have to find the spare parts here .

Board footer