LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 2 2019

Ramim91

Call of Duty Bops 4 on Ogero fiber optics

I live in Ras Beirut, they activated my fiber account this week. The connection is great > 50 mbps, all is good. until I tried to play on my PS4, call of duty bops 4, Im getting a lot of disconnections and sometimes I cant play at all (can't search for games). Anyone facing this type of issues ? Is it a problem related to ports and IPs. Tried to call them without any help from their side.

#2 January 2 2019

Abou7meed

Re: Call of Duty Bops 4 on Ogero fiber optics

Check your NAT type, it must be "OPEN" so you can find games easily,
How much is your ping during ingame while you are playing on fiber ?

I am getting 100 to 110 ms , Xbox One COD-BO4 on DSL connection "IDM" ,

#3 January 2 2019

Ramim91

Abou7meed wrote:

Thanks man. I solved the issue, they changed my modem configuration (they didn't tell me what). Till now I'm playing without any issue.

I am getting 60-70 ms during game.

Speed test: 52 Mbps Down - 12 Mbps Up.

#4 January 2 2019

wollyka

Ramim91 wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Thanks man. I solved the issue, they changed my modem configuration (they didn't tell me what). Till now I'm playing without any issue.

I am getting 60-70 ms during game.

Speed test: 52 Mbps Down - 12 Mbps Up.

How far are you from the centrale or active cabinet? 52 Mbps on fiber in Beirut is low! I am getting 30 on VDSL on copper! I was expecting that Fiber in Beirut especially should be at least above 75 Mbps.
NB: Probably Ogero is capping the connection. I remembered that during the FB interview with Mr. Kriedieh, he said that all fiber accounts are currently capped at 50 until the new quotas are approved by the new government. So never mind my question and enjoy your new speed!!

Last edited by wollyka (January 2 2019)

#5 January 2 2019

anayman_k7

Just a comment about distance and fiber, it should not matter how far he is, the data is being transferred by light that will not degrade over the distance like electricity in copper.

#6 January 2 2019

nuclearcat

anayman_k7 wrote:

Just a comment about distance and fiber, it should not matter how far he is, the data is being transferred by light that will not degrade over the distance like electricity in copper.

It does, just different issues.

#7 January 3 2019

Doom

My friend's having the same issue, can we fix it without sending the router to the central?

#8 January 5 2019

wollyka

anayman_k7 wrote:

I think it does since if we use your logic, all households should receive the maximum 300 Mbps advertised and not the minimum 50 Mbps.

#9 January 9 2019

Ramim91

Doom wrote:

My friend's having the same issue, can we fix it without sending the router to the central?

Just call Ogero and they will open a ticket for you and call you in 24 hours. The issue was fixed over phone.

#10 January 13 2019

ahk40a

wollyka wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

I think it does since if we use your logic, all households should receive the maximum 300 Mbps advertised and not the minimum 50 Mbps.

The Quality or attenuation happens in Fiberoptics but in totally different aspects than those of copper. Refraction index to be considered, OM1, OM2, OM3 & OM4 and so on. A lot to be considered.

But let us think of the following in fiber, in FTTH, they tend to use TDM on fiber, which means that each core is divided over 32 users. In that case if they provide a speed of 2Gbps on the core, each user shall get 62.5 that what happens when using shared network connection and not a dedicated one.

Board footer