LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 November 24 2018

Tech Guru

Re: RTX 2080ti - Nvidia "Turing" Upgrade

anayman_k7 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

#Facts

I9 9900k is the fastest mainstream gaming CPU out the box without OC hustle

RTX 2080ti is the 1st decent 2160p60fpsUltra  Graphic  Card beating the shit of the 1080ti @ 2160p60fpsUltra  with bad minfps ~ 40fps  , raw rasterization avg  increase of 33% aside of RT and DLSS AA

Turing reduced the mass HDR latency induced by Pascal due to its  HDR SW processing pipeline and Lack of HDR tone mapping

I5 9600K still beats the 2700x on gaming performance , where AMD is still struggling to push 4.5 Ghz per core speed where many AAA games still greatly benefit from single threaded core performance.

"EveryThing is Better Represented - Fullstop".  On RT Low too vs none RT enabled. Digital Foundry 21 - 11 - 2018

https://youtu.be/nYLLvOFSHCU

Tightbudget and  Fanboys will hate that but numbers speak louder than feelings.

I wasn't going to reply to this because I ended up realizing it is not worth the effort to convince a fanboy, but I will do this for the sake of the other readers.

1* Because the main purpose of upgrading to 2080Ti is 4k performance it is naive to compare the CPU benchmarks at 1080p between AMD and Intel, just for the sake of logic information consistency shared from you in the same post, where benchmarks only shows couple of FPS difference between the almighty 9900k and the poor 2700x on 4k, a bigger but yet not significant margin of FPS can be seen comparing the 1% lows.

2* Regardless of the 2080Ti and regarding the 9600k point, the CPU with 6 cores and higher frequency will score a better result in games (comparing Intel to Intel), so an OC-ed 9600k (which can be done without a hefty power bill) will outperform the best god in the galaxies, I mean by that the 9900k

3* Comparing frequencies between 2 different CPU designs and also using it as a success measurement (struggling to push 4.5Ghz) is also naive considered that we used to have FX CPUs at 5Ghz when Intel was struggling at 4Ghz, and lets suppose Ryzen2 can bypass the 4.3Ghz mark, based on today's numbers, it will surpass the 5.1Ghz Intel at 4.7Ghz

4*Using a CPU that is designed and priced to be OC-ed, in out of box state (stock), to claim virtual crowns and trophies is absurd, this shouldn't be a something to be proud of but after the 95W tdp bluff from Intel, suddenly we started to see these terms back from the fanboys which will seek even the lowest draw looking for excuses to support the brand they cheer for.

I respect your points mate. However ,

- Every One Has his Gaming Needs
- I owned the i7 8700k along with 3200mhz + 1080ti , and i do know the limitations from experimenting in my gaming experience.

The I9 9900K according to all technical reviews is "fastest gaming mainstream processor" , it is registering the highest AVG Fps and MIN Fps. It simply due to its high clock speed per core by a default boost without any OC. the i9 9900k nail that not on 1 or 2 cores but all 8 without any OC too for games who benefit from multiple high speed cores too. Name it product A , B , Intel ,AMD or anything - Eliminating any Fanboysim - you need a good board z390 simply to get the most of it. The i7 8700k is great chip , now the great becomes greater with the addition of two cores and the increase of freq# per core across all cores without any OC hustle.

#152 November 24 2018

mohammadk97

I just want to add this: 1440p 144Hz > 4k 60Hz.

#153 November 27 2018

Tech Guru

Bottom Line - Jay2Cent : "Lot of People there are super negative rather than seeing the advancement of technology we are getting here" , "& Unfortunately , Now I have seen real time ray tracing in person , Screen Space Reflection are .. disgusting" , Is It playable : For me the Answer is personaly Yes .. " 23 - 11 - 2018 , Card Used: Asus  Rtx 2080ti Strix

https://youtu.be/BJznsmQtwVI

Digital Foundry

"EveryThing is Better Represented - Fullstop".  On RT Low too vs none RT enabled.  21 - 11 - 2018

https://youtu.be/nYLLvOFSHCU

Some People are mixing up , RT is not part of Nvidia Gamworks ( HBAO+ , Hairwork , Percentage-Closer Soft Shadows - PCSS , HFTS - Hybrid Frustum Traced Shadows , Grass Turf Effects etc..)

Real time Ray Tracing has been existing for years and heavily used in Hollywood movies. It needs a lot of computational power away from baked cubic maps used for shadows and reflections on regular rasterization rendering. Now RT is available to the gamer end , which is a technological leap in graphical realism & fidelity.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 27 2018)

#154 November 27 2018

anayman_k7

correction: JayNvidiaDollars

#155 November 27 2018

Kareem

I don't understand the point being made in this thread. Is the RTX 2080 ti the fastest gaming card today ? probably yes.

Is it faster than the 1080 ti ? yes.  Does the price justify the performance increase? Definitely no.  Would you buy it ? why not.... Would you upgrade from a 1080 ti ? think twice before spending your money restlessly.

Benchmarks at 4K 60 FPS are a waste of time and money.

Gaming @ 4K 60Hz is to 1440p 60Hz  as FLAC is to 320Kbps audio file. Is there a difference? probably... Can you see/hear it? Some people claim they do although every blind test on earth confirms the opposite.

In fact, the benchmark world is focusing on catching up with the crazy high resolutions when the truth is that 1440p @ 144Hz gives you a much smoother and enjoyable gaming experience.

Not to mention that almost nobody sits close enough to the screen to benefit from ultra high resolutions.

Last edited by Kareem (November 27 2018)

#156 November 27 2018

Tech Guru

Kareem wrote:

I don't understand the point being made in this thread. Is the RTX 2080 ti the fastest gaming card today ? probably yes.

Is it faster than the 1080 ti ? yes.  Does the price justify the performance increase? Definitely no.  Would you buy it ? why not.... Would you upgrade from a 1080 ti ? think twice before spending your money restlessly.

Benchmarks at 4K 60 FPS are a waste of time and money.

Gaming @ 4K 60Hz is to 1440p 60Hz  as FLAC is to 320Kbps audio file. Is there a difference? probably... Can you see/hear it? Some people claim they do although every blind test on earth confirms the opposite.

In fact, the benchmark world is focusing on catching up with the crazy high resolutions when the truth si that 1440p @ 120Hz gives you a much smoother and enjoyable gaming experience.

Not to mention that almost nobody sits close enough to the screen to benefit from ultra high resolutions.

it depends on your gaming needs mate

I am a 2160 60fps Ultra / HDR Gamer for single player AAA titles campaigns on a big hdr 10capable screen.

A 1440p / 144hz / Gsync and 3440 × 1440p /100hz/ Gsync both ultra , the 1080ti failed short in all three tipping those  high refresh rates and weak min fps on 2160p on many AAA titles. I experienced every scenario and I know the potential of the card " heavily OC'd with a high end CPU & 3200+ mhz rams to prevent any bottlenecks.

From the PG 279q to the PG 348Q + Sony X930E.

#157 November 27 2018

Kareem

Tech Guru wrote:

I am a 2160 60fps Ultra / HDR Gamer for single player AAA titles campaigns on a big hdr 10capable screen.

Well no offence then but you certainly represent the minority. I'm pretty sure you came across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvz3iN8pp4

#158 November 27 2018

mmk92

Can't seem to justify any of this hardware.

People should understand that these setups are a massive overkill and have terrible value for money (for gaming).

The only reason you'd want such a setup is if you could afford it.

1080ti was already overkill and still is. As Kareem said, I personally can barely tell the difference between 1440p and 4K but can notice a huge difference between 144hz and 60hz.

#159 November 27 2018

Tech Guru

Kareem wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Well no offence then but you certainly represent the minority. I'm pretty sure you came across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvz3iN8pp4

Watched already mate,

Remember 2160p 144hz is now possible every thing above 60fps on a 144hz screen is tengible and the 2080ti tips that in many titles on 2160p.

No one is wrong or right  in my prespective

3840 × 2160p  / 60hz/ ultra / hdr on a big 55" inch  for Single Story Driven

2440 × 1440p 16:9 / 144-165hz / Ultra / G-Sync or 3440 × 1440p  21:9 - Ultra Wide / 100hz ( soon 200hz when I upgrade to PG 35VQ when it is released) / Ultra / G-Sync

For Multiplayer like R6 , PUBG , Monster Hunter , BF 5  etc..

My point here rtx 2080ti vs 1080ti , definitely to me the rtx 2080ti + i9 9900k combo will leverage my gaming experience on high refresh rate and on 2160p simultaneously. Plus , they are in favor with my  next monitor upgrade

PG 27uq or PG 35VQ

Note: Price / Performance is not fixed , you can grab now an RTX 2080ti EVGA Black @ 999 USD.

#160 November 29 2018

ManOwaRR

well of course there's  difference between 4k  and 2k  screen resolution .

since i own both 1080TI and 2080TI i did some heavy testing and i can conclude , while the 2080ti is terrible value for money its indeed a great card.

i tried to play 2k/144hz for honor 1080TI heavily overclocked dip to 110-115fp while maintining 138fps , the 2080TI on the other hand is 144fps all the time no dips whatsoever , that alone in multiplayer games is something nice to have

about 4k the 2080TI  can do 60fps almost all the time   , while 1080TI can only maintain that much  in few games and u have to tweak  the settings lowering bunch of them.

is it worth the money to buy the new card if you can afford it sure it is , if u're pushing your monthly salary and have more important things to do , don't bother with the 2080TI better skip it

#161 December 4 2018

anayman_k7

Wait don't buy the 2080Ti, the new RTX Titan is about to be launched which will give you more performance, because "When your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?" Also it costs 2500$ but money is not an issue to enjoy the leap of the technology

#162 December 5 2018

Tech Guru

Two Updates:

1st:

Hardware Unboxed RTX 2080ti FE  edition passed the 48 hours continuous  stress test - perfectly running without any artifactes too

https://youtu.be/IatTFLSoycM

Just Give It Time , RT is a Leap in the level of realism away from rasterization baked reflections , shadows and cubic maps.

2nd:

DXR BF 5 December 5th Update along with the new driver update ,  increased the Real Time Tracing Performance Dramatically on Turing Graphic Cards -  Ray Tracing now getting over 60FPS in 1440p (RT Ultra , Everything Ultra) after optimizing. Good news -  no hardware limitation. Remember Real Time Ray Tracing is not an Nvidia Gameworks exclusive like - HBAO + , PCSS , Hairworks .. RT is a rendering technique that need heavy computations now it is possbile for the gamer end-  coming from Hollywood movies scenes.

This just proves the developers just need more time to play with the new  . Its only going to get better with time.

https://youtu.be/-wy45bQe_XA

https://youtu.be/WHgBNWbiDrc

At this point you could have bought a 1000 of these and ran them for a month straight and people would still doubt you. Many ( 1080ti owners , AMD FanBoys , Tight Budget people .. ) wants these products to fail now and will find any excuse to sh..t on them.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 5 2018)

#163 December 5 2018

vlatkozelka

Tech Guru wrote:

( Ex 1080ti owners , AMD FanBoys , Tight Budget people .. ) .

We love you too Mr. Ihab

#164 December 5 2018

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

We love you too Mr. Ihab

Ex~ Example not Ex 1080tis Owners - We Love You too - Already Edited.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 5 2018)

#165 December 6 2018

vlatkozelka

Tech Guru wrote:
vlatkozelka wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

We love you too Mr. Ihab

Ex~ Example not Ex 1080tis Owners - We Love You too - Already Edited.

you still have the fanboys and tight budget part to edit ; )

#166 December 8 2018

PowerPC

Tech Guru wrote:

Many ( 1080ti owners , AMD FanBoys , Tight Budget people .. ) wants these products to fail now and will find any excuse to sh..t on them.

Damn those tight budget people! with their constant nagging about value for money, disgusting.
Scum of the earth, i tell ya.

#167 December 16 2018

Tech Guru

I am frankly annoyed when GamerNexus pointed out that the MSI RTX 2080ti  Gaming X Trio  has no power balancing circuit , as such the 8 + 8 Pin and additional 6 Pin configuration.

https://youtu.be/TOW3qIZfo78

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 16 2018)

#168 December 16 2018

Tech Guru

For my next build upgrade , I decided to order the Gigabyte Arous RTX 2080ti Xtreme from New Egg ~ 1570 USD to here (with free BF 5 Digital code)

Descision was between the Gigabyte  Arous RTX 2080ti Xtreme  & Asus ROG RTX 2080ti Strix O11G.

Both have good looks , custom PCBs , and run cool, but:

Arous (out of the box)

Boost Clock: 1770 Mhz
Memory: 14140 Mhz

Strix (out of the box)

Boost Clock: 1665 Mhz
Memory: 14000mhz

Arous comes with 4 years warranty & Strix with 3 years.

Arous comes with 4 years warranty & Strix with 3 years ( local One Year when it available in Lebanon)

Neither the Arous nor the Strix are available here.

6D3ZHqK.jpg

QhUFbln.jpg

Fk8zHFb.jpg

Happy Gaming  & PC Hardware Enthusiasm :)

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 16 2018)

#169 January 26 2019

Tech Guru

I am in a delimma

Shall I drop

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z  with Samsung VRAM

or

ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING with Micro Vram

For my build theme the ROG suits me more. On the other hand, the Lightning Z attracted me since it has Samsung Vram batch away from micron batches issues :)

#170 February 2 2019

Tech Guru

I actually got both , althought the stocks are very rare.

xkza9QB.jpg

rc6PSba.jpg

udTIwoV.jpg

ggWEBf8.jpg

Sold the Lightning Z -  & I kept the ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING  with three years warranty. I have been searching for it for a while due to low strix stocks and high demand plus it suits  case theme more.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 2 2019)

#171 February 10 2019

Tech Guru

Nvidia is Gaining momentum with its technological advancements in the Turing line of graphic cards.

Nvidia DLSS boosts Port Royal Benchmark performance by up to 50 %

https://youtu.be/tLyIu3lMdAc

What is DLSS ? - Stedio Science

https://youtu.be/YuMBscXVHsY

Metro Exodus will have support for RTX and DLSS  at lunch on 15th February -Tech4Gamers

https://tech4gamers.com/metro-exodus-wi … -15th-feb/

I think dlss looks great, much better than TAA, pretty amazing that people complain about DLSS but ive never seen anybody complain about TAA, very much like ray tracing, people complain about how bad performance is but dont hear the same complaints about 4k resolution and how we shouldnt have 4k because its too taxing, nvidia creates a solution thats works really well in order to improve ray tracing performance and people still find something to complain about.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 10 2019)

#172 February 10 2019

Elitism Guru

Tech Guru wrote:

Nvidia is Gaining momentum with its technological advancements in the Turing line of graphic cards.

https://youtube/tLyIu3lMdAc

https://youtube/YuMBscXVHsY

Metro Exodus will have support for RTX and DLSS  at lunch on 15th February -Tech4Gamers

https://tech4gamerscom/metro-exodus-will-have-support-for-rtx-and-dlss-at-launch-on-15th-feb/

I think dlss looks great, much better than TAA, pretty amazing that people complain about DLSS but ive never seen anybody complain about TAA, very much like ray tracing, people complain about how bad performance is but dont hear the same complaints about 4k resolution and how we shouldnt have 4k because its too taxing, nvidia creates a solution thats works really well in order to improve ray tracing performance and people still find something to complain about.

Agreed, 4K ftw!!
I love this RSS feed man! Gossip Gossip!
I gotta admit, my personal insecurities are set by my PC setup

Last edited by Elitism Guru (February 10 2019)

#173 February 10 2019

Tech Guru

Elitism Guru wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

https://youtube/tLyIu3lMdAc

https://youtube/YuMBscXVHsY

https://tech4gamerscom/metro-exodus-will-have-support-for-rtx-and-dlss-at-launch-on-15th-feb/

Agreed, 4K ftw!!
I love this RSS feed man! Gossip Gossip!
I gotta admit, my personal insecurities are set by my PC setup

Nevertheless,  being a technology enthusiast  is very admirable and fun. Buidling a setup that contain all recent tech from CPU ,  Graphic Card , Board etc.. and customizing it has a very unique touch. When you have a high monthly netcome, better to pay on a system / recent tech than  paying on "golddiggers" :)

#174 February 10 2019

potato

I want to give you an advice that you might use it someday. Blaming X or giving up on Y dream will never achieve anything in life. Anyway life is short however you will understand when we become old people and actually understand what happy life means.

#175 February 16 2019

Tech Guru

Metro Exodus with Real Time Ray Tracing on Global Illumination Level  / Optimized RT - is a solid move that adds a new realism level away from baked rasterization lighting.

More To Come.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3440 … game-tests

uNGsGxF.jpg

r7a2NZq.jpg

LMkxiO3.jpg

Board footer