LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 22 2010

jsaade

Car Registration

Is there a way to know how much a specific car model would cost in registration fee without actually going to the nef3a?

#2 April 13 2013

Gamer

Re: Car Registration

Is there a website or a list I can acquire to calculate the car registration

#3 April 13 2013

Guitaret

Gamer wrote:

Is there a website or a list I can acquire to calculate the car registration

I don't think so, but you can have a somewhat close value. I heard it is around 6% of its estimated market value.

#4 April 13 2013

Gamer

So hypothetically a $20000 car's registration would be $1200

#5 April 13 2013

Aly

the value is defined by the "Nef3a" and not the actual market, and this value changes every month and every year (it drops of course as the model gets older). the value is also affect by the horsepower, for instance in November 2012 I bought my car 2006 BMW 330i, the registration + te2min elzami costed me 1500$.

#6 April 14 2013

Guitaret

Aly wrote:

the value is defined by the "Nef3a" and not the actual market.

Yes it is defined by the "Nef3a" but their estimation of the car worth is based on its market value. I am not sure how they precisely decide its value but I guess this is based on (قانون العرض والطلب) in Lebanon. So if you know the market, you should have an idea of what to expect.

And I guess same procedure goes on customs taxes of cars imported to Lebanon. But the "robbery" there is much worth it for them I guess. Please check this table cars customs and be amazed.

#7 April 14 2013

Gamer

no the customs use this calculation method

Customs Duties and Taxes calculation for imported used vehicles
Customs Duties and Taxes are based on the CIF (Cost + Insurance + Freight) value of the imported used vehicles, where the Cost is obtained from international references such as the Blue Book and Super Schwache Liste, and are calculated as follow:

First For CIF value up to 20 Million LBP, Customs and Excise Duties is 5,000,000 LBP
And For CIF value above 20 Million LBP, Customs and Excise Duties rate is 50%
And VAT equals (CIF Value + Customs and Excise Duties) x 10%

Practical Example 1:
A used vehicle priced $23,700 according to Super Schwache Liste, and paid $1,000 for transport and $300 for insurance and other costs. The CIF Value (Cost & Insurance & Freight) is therefore equals to $25,000 which is equivalent to approximately 37,500,000 Lebanese Lira.
Customs and Excise Duties = (5,000,000 + 17,500,000 X 50%) = (5,000,000 + 8,750,000) = 13,750,000 LBP
VAT = (37,500,000 + 13,750,000) X 10% = 51,250,000 X 10% = 5,125,000 LBP
Total to be paid = 13,750,000 + 5,125,000 = 18,875,000 LBP

Practical Example 2:
A used vehicle priced $9,700 according to "Pvt_Party Good" in the Blue Book, and paid $1,000 for transport and $300 for insurance and other costs. The CIF Value (Cost & Insurance & Freight) is therefore equals to $11,000 which is equivalent to approximately 16,500,000 Lebanese Lira.

Customs and Excise Duties = 5,000,000 LBP
VAT = (16,500,000 + 5,000,000) X 10% = 21,500,000 X 10% = 2,150,000 LBP
Total to be paid = 5,000,000 + 2,150,000 = 7,150,000 LBP

Customs Faq

Back to registration
So there is no way of calculating registration per car without going to nef3a.
Can I safely assume any random person in power in nef3a can make up their own registration fee

#8 September 6 2017

Xsever

Any updates as to the car registration fees? Anyone have a website or a chart or something?

#9 September 6 2017

dsoftware.king

how much time does it take to register a car if I want to do it myself?
the car i bought is registered in jonieh

#10 September 12 2017

beezer

I just went today to register two cars that I shipped over when I moved here, they asked for "Ifadit Sakan" and then a "Mubaya3a." And I told him the cars are paid for at customs and they are in my name, you want me to sell them from myself to myself and the guy there flipped out and screamed "I told you what to do, go do it or don't, I don't care" What a dick.

In any case I'm going again tomorrow and will let you know how long it takes, if it gets done.

#11 August 14 2018

hkbazzi

beezer wrote:

I just went today to register two cars that I shipped over when I moved here, they asked for "Ifadit Sakan" and then a "Mubaya3a." And I told him the cars are paid for at customs and they are in my name, you want me to sell them from myself to myself and the guy there flipped out and screamed "I told you what to do, go do it or don't, I don't care" What a dick.

In any case I'm going again tomorrow and will let you know how long it takes, if it gets done.

What happened?

#12 August 14 2018

rolf

beezer wrote:

and the guy there flipped out and screamed "I told you what to do, go do it or don't, I don't care" What a dick.

Somewhat a typical reaction from someone who is challenged by your intelligence.

This was too complicated for him, probably the only time he had to use his brain during the whole week if not longer. For the rest of the week he was probably daydreaming and congratulating himself on how smart he is. You woke him up from his slumber with such a challenge, too much for him!

The sad thing is, my explanation is probably close to the truth.

His IQ is probably negative, maybe enough to negate your IQ. Likely discussing with him will be very difficult, and I'm not sure about other options.

But I am trying to help.

Last edited by rolf (August 14 2018)

#13 November 28 2018

hkbazzi

anybody registered a car recently? if yes what is the model of the car and how much did you pay to register it?

#14 December 10 2018

Guitaret

hkbazzi wrote:

anybody registered a car recently? if yes what is the model of the car and how much did you pay to register it?

A week ago:

FJ Cruiser 2008

Registration total cost paid to the office (تخليص معمالات):
2,170,000 LL
Price on the official document: 1,575,000 but I guess his fees + new plates + insurance (الزامي) + paying people to register it without the need to go with the car myself + god knows what (because I was too tired to know) amount for the extra.

#15 December 10 2018

vlatkozelka

My car cost 2200$. The same car cost 1800$ for a friend. Mine was more expensive cause it's coupe...

I think it's totally random, just like tax when it comes to importing stuff.

#16 December 10 2018

Salloum

vlatkozelka wrote:

My car cost 2200$. The same car cost 1800$ for a friend. Mine was more expensive cause it's coupe...

I think it's totally random, just like tax when it comes to importing stuff.

A coupe is a different car.
The registration fee is based on the value of the car, which changes with body type, engine, options, and lots of other factors.

#17 January 17 2019

Xsever

2012 Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC Sport
29 "Lebanese Horsepower"
Registered on January 2

It cost me 2,200,000 including 150,000 for the guy who took care of everything without me having to go there + plates + all the paperwork needed (Residence Certificate, etc...)

Board footer