LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 25 2018

MohMokdad2

HDMI over ethernet

I am searching for a HDMI extender over ethernet with IR passthrough but I haven't had any luck, pcandparts have several extenders but they don't seem to have an IR passthrough. Does anybody know where to buy it from?

My plan is to split the HDMI signal of my Cablevision receiver which has bein sports and extend it over ethernet to my balcony so i don't have to buy another receiver and subscription. If you have any other idea on how to do this please let me know.

#2 November 26 2018

Kareem

Re: HDMI over ethernet

MohMokdad2 wrote:

I am searching for a HDMI extender over ethernet with IR passthrough but I haven't had any luck, pcandparts have several extenders but they don't seem to have an IR passthrough. Does anybody know where to buy it from?

My plan is to split the HDMI signal of my Cablevision receiver which has bein sports and extend it over ethernet to my balcony so i don't have to buy another receiver and subscription. If you have any other idea on how to do this please let me know.

I'm using Atlona 4K HDMI extenders over Gigabit ethernet. I believe Debbas can source you some.

#3 November 26 2018

MohMokdad2

Do you have the contact info for Debbas? I need only 1080p over HDMI, what's your experience with using an extender?

#4 November 26 2018

Kareem

Unfortunately it was through a company that was handling the home automation so I don't have a direct contact number but Atlona is well known in this field. My experience couldn't be better ( 4K )

#5 November 26 2018

Aly

A bit offtopic, I just want to understand one thing, what you will achieve by this is duplicating the receiver output over two hdmi ports on two seperate televisions ? And whatever channel you flip on the receiver it will be watchable on both TVs right ?

#6 November 26 2018

MohMokdad2

Yes exactly that. I have the main TV in my room with the Cablevision receiver and I want to add another receiver for my balcony but I would need to install another receiver and another subscription and add another line to the antenna at the roof. Adding an HDMI splitter and extender is, in my case, better.

#7 November 26 2018

AVOlio

So why would you need a HDMI splitter over ehternet ? (i dont even know how that would work).

Get a normal HDMI to HDMI splitter.

#8 November 26 2018

MohMokdad2

No I will be adding and HDMI to HDMI splitter and then using the HDMI extender to extend the signal over ethernet to the other tv.

Board footer