LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 November 13 2018

duke-of-bytes

Re: RTX 2080ti - Nvidia "Turing" Upgrade

Aly wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Overpriced means money matters in your purchase decisions.

Man, with all due respect you are kind of disrespecting other members with your posts every time you sound like Dan Bilzerian and the rest of us are poor peasants over here, I am pretty sure the majority of the forum members have good careers and can easily afford buying these RTX cards or several thousands dollars desktop builds, but the arguments here are all about the performance/price ratio or the FPS / $ ratio which in this case and many reviewers agree that the RTXs are not really worth it.

how the hell does he have all this time to play games ?my ps4 is turned off since more than 6 months !!! adulting sucks !

#127 November 13 2018

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Aly wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Overpriced means money matters in your purchase decisions.

Man, with all due respect you are kind of disrespecting other members with your posts every time you sound like Dan Bilzerian and the rest of us are poor peasants over here, I am pretty sure the majority of the forum members have good careers and can easily afford buying these RTX cards or several thousands dollars desktop builds, but the arguments here are all about the performance/price ratio or the FPS / $ ratio which in this case and many reviewers agree that the RTXs are not really worth it.

how the hell does he have all this time to play games ?my ps4 is turned off since more than 6 months !!! adulting sucks !

It's passion leaning towards addiction too LMFAO , not only in building desktops & gaming rather all tech related things

Recent TVs
Home Entertainment Systems
Drones
Custom Modding & Ocing
Sound Systems & Dolby Atoms
Mobile Phones
Etc..

Spending serious money on that passion but I do not regret that at all, since it has a special statisfaction. My work helps me too since I finish @2:30pm and Fridays @11am

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 13 2018)

#128 November 14 2018

Tech Guru

In Hitman 2

Ryzen is  a major letdown of bottlenecking the Rtx 2080ti and heavily limited due to the Ryzen. So limiting the  performance to the case of

i5 8400 / GTX 1060 / 1080pUltra ~83Fps  vs
1700x / RTX 2080ti / 1080pUltra ~ 50Fps

https://youtu.be/1G4Kajunecc

Min: 6:35  :)

#129 November 14 2018

ManOwaRR

Hey RTX battlefield V is enabled and a major letdown  :)

enjoy your 1080p 60fps at best

and RTX was downgraded from the demo they showed in E3 .

lets see now DLSS if its gonna be a game changer

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Per … ing/5.html

Conclusion Read it there :)

Last edited by ManOwaRR (November 14 2018)

#130 November 14 2018

PowerPC

Tech Guru wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:
Aly wrote:

It's passion leaning towards addiction too LMFAO , not only in building desktops & gaming rather all tech related things

Recent TVs
Home Entertainment Systems
Drones
Custom Modding & Ocing
Sound Systems & Dolby Atoms
Mobile Phones
Etc..

Spending serious money on that passion but I do not regret that at all, since it has a special statisfaction. My work helps me too since I finish @2:30pm and Fridays @11am

Wow i didn't even know jobs like that existed!:)
i finish at 8pm every day..:(

#131 November 14 2018

PowerPC

ManOwaRR wrote:

Hey RTX battlefield V is enabled and a major letdown  :)

enjoy your 1080p 60fps at best

and RTX was downgraded from the demo they showed in E3 .

lets see now DLSS if its gonna be a game changer

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Per … ing/5.html

Conclusion Read it there :)

The performance drop is shocking..

#132 November 15 2018

anayman_k7

First game using RTX,,,, RTX still a marketing flop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZmH0_1gWQ

#133 November 15 2018

Tech Guru

My initial motivator to get rid of the 1080ti and replace it by the RTX 2080ti are

1- 2160p performance and weak minfps vs IQ compromises to boost the minFps
2- HDR Gaming induced latency due to SW processing pipeline.
3- Failure too to have a locked 100fps experience on 3440 × 1440p 100hz*

ILR0LEQ.jpg
56jIlvn.jpg
w83lXKD.jpg
MU9wSlF.jpg

On Average from PCGamer

Avg Fps on 2160pUltra Increase: ((73.7 -55.3)/55.3) × 100% = +33 %  in Regular Rasterization

Min Fps on 2160Ultra Increase: ((57.4 - 44.6) / 44.6) ×100 % =+28.7 %  in Regular Rasterization

I will enjoy gaming now on 2160pultra and on the PG348Q hitting 100fps - Both Resoutions without IQ compromises

RT + DLSS AA are a bonus features to me and will be gamechanger when both combined.

BF 5 Ultra IQ + Ultra RT is achievable too on 1440p60fps on Rtx 2080ti

https://youtu.be/fOmRbk4dN1U
https://youtu.be/09QDJQ5T_cM
https://youtu.be/lurzL-D3yV8

Now it is made to make ray tracing possible on a 999 USD card, instead of 68,000USD rendering farms used in Hollywood to create RT scenes due to its heavy computational needs of evey ray traced to be rendered alone. It a revolutionary base to add a new level of realism in the gaming industry.

It' nice to be an early adopter and experiement with it  vs entering the game of waiting with already lucklaster performance of previous gen 1080ti on 2160p in regular rasterization.

For any  new emerging  technology , just give it time with further tweaks ,  optimizations and combination with other new technology as DLSS to give a final subjective opinion based on the end result gaming experience.

Notes:
* Using an i7 8700k runnig at 5.0Ghz and SSD

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 15 2018)

#134 November 18 2018

anayman_k7

Dark days for the RTX cards, BF 5 bad RTX performance, Final Fantasy is no longer planning to support it (even that I dont know who plays this game lol), last and not least an AIB custom board Gigabyte RTX2070 of JokersProduction has died with the same symptoms of the diying 2080Ti FE with small space invaders all over the screen which could mean problems in the core design or manufacturing itself

#135 November 19 2018

anayman_k7

Nvidia desisted the 2080 Ti FE from their website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUpLU7JrTvA

#136 November 19 2018

Tech Guru

According to Gamers Nexus, who has been in touch off the record with numerous retailers, manufacturers, and suppliers, the RMA rate very low. Actually lower than normal. So you are hearing from a frustrated vocal minority. Which they are understandably upset, given the $ spent, and the shortage of supply makes getting a replacement take a bit longer. 

https://youtu.be/WK5G2sOXb0k

Members here that bought any of the RTX Family cards like Mr.Class , any problems till now

- Artifacting
- BSOD
- Black Screens
- Game Crashes

Any RMA process taking place.

Most probably it is  a defective 1st batch , replacements are now shifting from Micron GDDR6 to Samsung GDDR6.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 19 2018)

#137 November 19 2018

anayman_k7

the same failure (space invadors) of the 2080Ti and the 2070 speaks for itself, yes the RMA number is still low but the new lineup is still fresh, and partner/custom cards are not safe from this

Last edited by anayman_k7 (November 19 2018)

#138 November 21 2018

ManOwaRR

i got my  2080TI RTX today  ,  just installed it on my system , more to follow

#139 November 21 2018

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

i got my  2080TI RTX today  ,  just installed it on my system , more to follow

What Brand/Variant mate ?

#140 November 21 2018

ManOwaRR

there was only Malit GALLARDO  3 Fans

well i have been playing shadow of tombe raider , i tried  4k with TAA Anti aliasing  seems to hold 57-60fps  most of the time around 18-20fps more than 1080ti , but that heat  coming out of the pc is scary temp going up till 80 , seems to be safe though i'am not sure , i'm kinda reading about it right now

i can give some early numbers based on 2 games with a bit of overclocking to keep the heat in check

for honor 

average fps increase is 13.77

minimum fps is 27fps increase

max fps is 17.33 fps increase

1080TI was running @2050

2080TI running @1980-2025 

Shadow of the tomb raider is between 15-20fps give or take .

More to follow after i walk the dog .

one downfall the  from the 1080ti  is the heat , pascal was reaching 60c  under full load  but yet again i have one of the best 1080ti  on the market which cost new around 900-1000$

Last edited by ManOwaRR (November 21 2018)

#141 November 21 2018

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

well i have been playing shadow of tombe raider , i tried  4k with TAA Anti aliasing  seems to hold 57-60fps  most of the time around 18-20fps more than 1080ti , but that heat  coming out of the pc is scary temp going up till 80 , seems to be safe though i'am not sure , i'm kinda reading about it right now

Awesome that 18-20fps boost will make a much more enjoyable experience  at 2160p with all eye candy options maxed out. For the heat generated check the graphic card fans rpm on a  gaming load. It seems the Malit design generates heat. Nothing to worry if

No Heat throteling affecting performance and underclocking

CPU Temperature has increased compared to preinstalling the graphic card.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 21 2018)

#142 November 21 2018

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

i can give some early numbers based on 2 games with a bit of overclocking to keep the heat in check

for honor 

average fps increase is 13.77

minimum fps is 27fps increase

max fps is 17.33 fps increase

1080TI was running @2050

2080TI running @1980-2025 

Shadow of the tomb raider is between 15-20fps give or take .

More to follow after i walk the dog .

one downfall the  from the 1080ti  is the heat , pascal was reaching 60c  under full load  but yet again i have one of the best 1080ti  on the market which cost new around 900-1000$

I will go strix mate for the cooling part.

#143 November 22 2018

Tech Guru

#Facts

I9 9900k is the fastest mainstream gaming CPU out the box without OC hustle

RTX 2080ti is the 1st decent 2160p60fpsUltra  Graphic  Card beating the shit of the 1080ti @ 2160p60fpsUltra  with bad minfps ~ 40fps  , raw rasterization avg  increase of 33% aside of RT and DLSS AA

Turing reduced the mass HDR latency induced by Pascal due to its  HDR SW processing pipeline and Lack of HDR tone mapping

I5 9600K still beats the 2700x on gaming performance , where AMD is still struggling to push 4.5 Ghz per core speed where many AAA games still greatly benefit from single threaded core performance.

"EveryThing is Better Represented - Fullstop".  On RT Low too vs none RT enabled. Digital Foundry 21 - 11 - 2018

https://youtu.be/nYLLvOFSHCU

Tightbudget and  Fanboys will hate that but numbers speak louder than feelings.

#144 November 22 2018

anayman_k7

I lol-ed on the #Facts post

#145 November 23 2018

vlatkozelka

Tech Guru wrote:

haha

Not spending 100$/fps is not tight budget, it's common sense.

I don't think you know what fanboy means.

#146 November 23 2018

anayman_k7

Tech Guru wrote:

#Facts

RTX 2080ti is the 1st decent 2160p60fpsUltra  Graphic  Card beating the shit of the 1080ti @ 2160p60fpsUltra  with bad minfps ~ 40fps  , raw rasterization avg  increase of 33% aside of RT and DLSS AA

Turing reduced the mass HDR latency induced by Pascal due to its  HDR SW processing pipeline and Lack of HDR tone mapping

I5 9600K still beats the 2700x on gaming performance , where AMD is still struggling to push 4.5 Ghz per core speed where many AAA games still greatly benefit from single threaded core performance.

"EveryThing is Better Represented - Fullstop".  On RT Low too vs none RT enabled. Digital Foundry 21 - 11 - 2018

I wasn't going to reply to this because I ended up realizing it is not worth the effort to convince a fanboy, but I will do this for the sake of the other readers.

1* Because the main purpose of upgrading to 2080Ti is 4k performance it is naive to compare the CPU benchmarks at 1080p between AMD and Intel, just for the sake of logic information consistency shared from you in the same post, where benchmarks only shows couple of FPS difference between the almighty 9900k and the poor 2700x on 4k, a bigger but yet not significant margin of FPS can be seen comparing the 1% lows.

2* Regardless of the 2080Ti and regarding the 9600k point, the CPU with 6 cores and higher frequency will score a better result in games (comparing Intel to Intel), so an OC-ed 9600k (which can be done without a hefty power bill) will outperform the best god in the galaxies, I mean by that the 9900k

3* Comparing frequencies between 2 different CPU designs and also using it as a success measurement (struggling to push 4.5Ghz) is also naive considered that we used to have FX CPUs at 5Ghz when Intel was struggling at 4Ghz, and lets suppose Ryzen2 can bypass the 4.3Ghz mark, based on today's numbers, it will surpass the 5.1Ghz Intel at 4.7Ghz

4*Using a CPU that is designed and priced to be OC-ed, in out of box state (stock), to claim virtual crowns and trophies is absurd, this shouldn't be a something to be proud of but after the 95W tdp bluff from Intel, suddenly we started to see these terms back from the fanboys which will seek even the lowest draw looking for excuses to support the brand they cheer for.

Last edited by anayman_k7 (November 23 2018)

#147 November 23 2018

ManOwaRR

ok  , after testing the card for few days now playing 8-10 hours a day

i will be brief , if you have the money to spend yeah it's a good card not because of the average fps increase , it's because of the minimum fps increase in  my limited game testing

downside of  the card  reaches 79-80c under full load , its doesn't seem to throttle or anything though  and no issues whatsoever , still i'am not liking the heat the card is producing .

do i recommend people to buy it , no , for the people who can afford it yes go for it   in the end it's an enjoyable gaming  experience .

Last edited by ManOwaRR (November 23 2018)

#148 November 24 2018

PowerPC

Tech Guru wrote:

#Facts

Dude stop bringing budgets into the debate. I'm more than certain quite a few on these forums can easily afford a 2080ti, but chose not to because for them value for money is important. Nothing to do with tight budgets.

#149 November 24 2018

nefe_lpmk

Guys, let's say that if you are buying a new machine, it is worth it to get the 2080 ti.
However, if you are upgrading from 1080ti, this generation leap is not worth it and better wait for the second or third generation of RTX cards. Seeing that turning on RTX on BFV will drop the performance to sub-60 fps is enough proof that the tech is not yet ready but promising.

Finally, If you have money to spend to get that 10% increase with every generation, be it if it has value or not, it's your own money and you can buy anything you want. You don't have to justify or preach that this is what everyone should go for, different people have different priorities.

#150 November 24 2018

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

ok  , after testing the card for few days now playing 8-10 hours a day

i will be brief , if you have the money to spend yeah it's a good card not because of the average fps increase , it's because of the minimum fps increase in  my limited game testing

downside of  the card  reaches 79-80c under full load , its doesn't seem to throttle or anything though  and no issues whatsoever , still i'am not liking the heat the card is producing .

do i recommend people to buy it , no , for the people who can afford it yes go for it   in the end it's an enjoyable gaming  experience .

I agree with you  ,that what I was trying to point in the passed couple of weeks.

0XWjxob.jpg

At the end it depends on each person gaming needs , I like to enjoy 1st Person AAA titles story line on 2160p /ultra /60fps with HDR 10 enabled on a compatible HDR 10 screen , as such I got the Sony 55" inch x930e -  very enjoyable exprience  to me that is hampered by the 1080ti strix (heavily OC'd) to 2050mhz core and 11.7Ghz Memory -hampered by the min fps added to that the induced latency with HDR when enabled on Pascal - no dedicated HW pipeline to process HDR and no HDR Tone Mapping ,all done by S/W.

Far Cry 5 , Assassin Creed Origin / Odyssey etc.. looks awesome to me on a big screen with HDR 10 enabled - personal preference sure.

And for MP competitive gameplay I am leaving it to the PG 348Q ( Which I will upgrade to PG 35Q - 3440 × 1440p @ 200Hz with HDR 10 )  thus the i9 9900k + Rtx 2080ti combo in my soon upgrade will help me in that too.

Note that:  On a 2160p 55" Screen I need AA too ( not the blurry FXAA) since the PPI is ~ 80  on 55"@2160p compared to ~ 163 on 27"@2160p screen , that is about (163-80)/80 × 100 % = + 103.75 % increase in PPI.  This will increase headover on the graphic card too.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 24 2018)

Board footer