LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 25 2018

bobo619

FTTH set up requirement

Does anyone know what modem is required for ftth?

#2 October 26 2018

kfc

Re: FTTH set up requirement

Any VDSL modem

#3 October 26 2018

bobo619

Thanks. Are you familiar with the Asus ac68? I currently own an Asus Dsl modem which i am able to tweek SNR within the configurations GUI to gain some extra Mbps sacrificing a little stability and crc errors. Do you think the one being supplied by the ISP is enough and i should't be worried about those stuff once i get fiber or should i invest in my own modem for a little bit of tweaking as i am sure the one supplied won't have the same flexibilty

#4 October 27 2018

wollyka

I have a Vdsl modem from the ISP. You can't tweak anything and it seems that their target snr is 8. So if you can have one that allows tweaking, you can get some extra Mbps.

#5 October 27 2018

bobo619

wollyka wrote:

I have a Vdsl modem from the ISP. You can't tweak anything and it seems that their target snr is 8. So if you can have one that allows tweaking, you can get some extra Mbps.

May i ask if you are on FTTC or FTTH. And on what speed you are  syncing with 8 snr?

#6 October 28 2018

wollyka

No i am still using the old copper line but i am close to the centrale (VDSL2). The speeds vary a lot, i get 20 Mbps in the morning and 30 Mbps at night (but the SNR is always fixed at 8)

#7 October 28 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Ftth is different from fttc, fttc requires a vdsl modem yes, but ftth requires a certain modem provided from the isp upon setup.

Board footer